R

Contributor

• 

91 Messages

Friday, June 9th, 2023 5:44 PM

Closed

New Xfinity home page

Is anyone else having problems with the new Xfinity home page, discovery hub? The web search doesn't work.

This conversation has been merged. Please refer the main conversation:

What happened to the old Home Page?!?!?! The new Discovery Hub [Edited]!!!

Official Employee

• 

443 Messages

1 year ago

@

RND1023  Hi there. Can you advise what happens why you try to search? I didn't experience any issues with it. 

Contributor

• 

91 Messages

@XfinityShan​ When I enter a site such as menards.com and hit enter or click the search icon it reloads the discover hub page. The only way I can search from that discover hub page is to use the address bar.

Official Employee

• 

443 Messages

@

RND1023  I was able to successfully search with the same term. What browser are you using?

I no longer work for Comcast.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Contributor

• 

91 Messages

I am using Microsoft Edge Version 114.0.1823.43. It looks like I'm not the only one with this issue.

Contributor

• 

48 Messages

Since Xfinity indicates this change is permeant...I have started using the Microsoft home page as my home page. Other than having to use the Discovery Hub to get my email(which I prefer not to chamge).....the Microsoft Home page has links to all the topics I liked on the old Xfinity home page...news, sports, entertainment etc. It's a bit different but satisfies my needs.

Regular Visitor

• 

14 Messages

@RND1023​ that's the same thing that happened to me and I don't care how many times I try to search the web it comes back to that same page instead of bringing up the searches. it is messed up and they need to fix it before changing people that pay good money to a messed up homepage.

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

1 year ago

I have the same problem. If I try to get into google or Microsoft edge on my desktop, it takes me directly into Xfinity Discovery Hub. If I click on Search the web, or Internet, it takes me back to the exact same screen, i.e., Xfinity Discovery Hub. I'm guessing Xfinity/Comcast are working on upgrades, and there are some major glitches. Please advise. Thanks!

(edited)

Problem Solver

• 

743 Messages

@user_1db932 Is this happening on all of your devices and no matter what you search for?

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

I have no problem doing a search on iPhone. To clarify, when I try to get into google or microsoft edge on my desktop, I just get taken to the Xfinity Discovery hub, with no access to internet, news of the day, videos, etc. 

Problem Solver

• 

743 Messages

@user_1db932 I appreciate those details. 

Could you please send us a direct message with your first and last name and your full address?

• Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Message" icon (upper right corner of this page)
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send your message

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Hav some problem had switch to Google Chome for search’s. Xfinity roped the ball on this one, they should have had enough presence of mind to test on all current popular browsers. 

Regular Visitor

• 

14 Messages

@user_1db932​ I don't use iphone I use computer and it is messed up when you try to do a search the web. it just goes back to that Discovery Hub page instead of searching for what you put in search the web

Contributor

• 

48 Messages

1 year ago

I’m having exactly the same issue 

Expert

• 

30.9K Messages

1 year ago

Some of you are using Edge or Chrome.  Can you try with Firefox, please?  It helps us identify where problems may be so that they can be shared with the developers.

I do use Firefox, but my backup is SeaMonkey, and I want to report here that SeaMonkey doesn't even show the Search bar.  However, FF does and the Search bar works for me.

Contributor

• 

91 Messages

@Again​ I just installed FF and I still have the same issue.

Contributor

• 

91 Messages

@RND1023​ This morning I'm back to Edge and the search bar is working.

Contributor

• 

91 Messages

@RND1023​ Well it worked for a few hours now it's back to not working.

Official Employee

• 

2K Messages

Our sites are most compatible wioth Google Chrome. Can you try that browser and let us know if you still see the same issue with the search feature? 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Contributor

• 

91 Messages

@XfinityAirelle​ Right now it is working again with Edge. It only works when it feels like it wants to. I'll try Chrome and see what happens. Right now I'm going to try FF while it is working. Well right now since it is working on Edge it is also working on FF.

I see no since trying Chrome it's just going to be the same as Edge.

(edited)

Frequent Visitor

• 

13 Messages

1 year ago

No matter how I sign in I get the Discovery Hub and can't get the news or anything I used to have as my home page. I'm on Safari and whether I sign in on myxfinity or xfinity.com I can only get the Discovery Hub. I want my old home page back with news, weather, etc. If I want the stuff on the Discovery Hub, I'll get to it through my account.

Contributor

• 

91 Messages

@venicenancy​ I'm with you. As you can see I installed Chrome for testing this issue but something interesting I got the old home page when I opened Chrome. I just opened Chrome again and got the old home page https://my.xfinity.com/?cid=cust again. I also just tried FF and I can get the old home page. https://my.xfinity.com/?cid=cust

(edited)

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

I tried your link and it gave me the HUB

New Poster

• 

12 Messages

I use Chrome but can't get any news unless I go to Microsoft. All The Discovery Hub does is keeps going in circles to try and sell you something from Comcast. There is no more news or weather to be had on the Discovery Hub - and no customer service either! Whoever designed this Hub needs to start looking for a new job.

New Poster

• 

12 Messages

@RND1023​ I tried everything you suggested, but I just keep getting Discovery Hub! Just not worth the effort until Comcast DOES SOMETHING!

Contributor

• 

91 Messages

@skat​ you are right. I tried the posted link just now and it went to the hub. I still get the old homepage thru FF and Chrome not Edge.

Contributor

• 

91 Messages

1 year ago

This morning so far the bar doesn't work on FF Chrome or Edge.

I still get the old homepage thru FF and Chrome not Edge.

(edited)

Contributor

• 

91 Messages

@RND1023​ It's back to working again. I sure don't get it. Just something else to make things difficult. 

You know the old sayings: "If it ain't broke don't fix it." and "Don't mess with a good thing".

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

Is anyone going to address the problem or do we all have to change our browsers??

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

I agree with you as this is ridiculous for the money we pay them.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

1 year ago

I'm having the issue on my laptop using google chrome but my desktop is working and still has the old home page.  I tried several different addresses but google keeps saving it as Discovery Hub - News & Technology in "Open a specific page or set of pages https://my.xfinity.com/?cid=cust"  I just want to get the old home page back.

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

1 year ago

We all do. However, Xfinity does not seem to know what went wrong. I spoke with someone on Friday and she could not fix it and did not know why I have the Hub. So somebody in IT Dept needs to fix the issue. Hopefully they are working on it.

Contributor

• 

91 Messages

@skat​ You notice we are not getting anything more on this topic from Xfinity or Comcast.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

1 year ago

yes, it does not work and not sure why.  I called on their service line and got a couple [Edited: "Inflammatory"] outside of the country and they had no idea what I was talking about and wasted an hour of my time.  This new home page does not work with Microsoft edge to access the Internet and I now have to go to Chrome to access the internet and back to Microsoft edge to access my comcast e-mails.  What a pain [Edited: "Language"].  I wish someone with a brain at Comcast would fix this problem but not sure Comcast has anyone [Edited: "Inflammatory"]!  

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

983 Messages

Hi @user_82a78a. Please make sure you update Microsoft edge to the latest version and deleted cache and cookies.

Contributor

• 

48 Messages

That's not the problem Billy!

New Poster

• 

12 Messages

Don't believe this. Nothing works with the "HUB".

Contributor

• 

91 Messages

@user_82a78a​ In the Edge hub did you find the email link, if not it is under your account icon. Chrome can access your Xfinity email if you set it up. Billy's suggestion might help you but don't count on it.

Contributor

• 

91 Messages

@ejcaman​ That is their answer for everything update, clean-up, and reset, occasionally it may work depending on what is causing the issue. It hasn't done anything for me.

Contributor

• 

91 Messages

1 year ago

Something interesting to report. I just cleared all site data, cookies, and history for the last 7 days. Then logged into Edge and the old home page came up but it has this message on it.

We're making some changes

My.Xfinity.com will soon redirect to the Xfinity Discovery Hub. Explore today.

Discovery Hub

Contributor

• 

48 Messages

I du=id the same and I am now back to my old Xfinity Home Page! I cleared old history, downloads, cache, cookies etc. and it worked!

Contributor

• 

48 Messages

And I am using Microsoft Edge as my browser.

Expert

• 

30.9K Messages

@ejcaman​ 

That's good for now, but this HUB is going to be the default homepage, I'm pretty sure.  While I don't use Xfinitiy for my homepage, and haven't for years, I agree with everyone about how bad the this is and have made a suggestion about it.  But, as myself and @RND1023 posted the HUB is still in preview so there may still be some changes to it.  [One can only hope!]

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick

Contributor

• 

48 Messages

After I cleared my history, cookies, downloads, cache, I was able to get my old Xfinity home page one time....than it went back to the hub each time....UGH!

Contributor

• 

91 Messages

@ejcaman​ Did you go back at least 7 days or even more? So far that hasn't happened to me. The cookies and cache are the most important ones to clear.

Regular Visitor

• 

14 Messages

1 year ago

yes the search the web on that page does not work. they put my old homepage back but it has they are changing to that new one. I hope they fix the flaws before switching back. 

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

1 year ago

The issue is that it just loops back to the same homepage when you hit search.

Contributor

• 

48 Messages

Exactly what happened to me..........

Contributor

• 

91 Messages

@user_ea3fdd​ Yes that is correct the search bar on the hub home page is very sporadic about working. As you can see by my previous posting it comes and goes.

Expert

• 

30.9K Messages

@RND1023​ et al

You realize you do not have to use that search bar at all, right?  You can type in whatever you want to search for in the location bar - that place that shows you the URL you are on.

You also do not have to use Xfinity as a home page.  You are free to use any page on the internet as a home page.  Use your bookmarks to go to any place you need to that you visit often.  There are many places on the internet that have news that you can visit.  [No, I won't suggest any as that is a personal choice.]

I know change is hard.  Boy, do I know!  Unfortunately, all the complaining about the HUB isn't going to stop it from being rolled out.  ::: sigh :::

(edited)

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick

Contributor

• 

91 Messages

@Again​ I'm well aware that you can use the address bar as well for searches. If they are going to put this big web search bar in the middle of the page at least make it functional all of the time.

We're paying Xfinity a lot of money so we should be able to support them by using their home page. I'm guessing it was established for a reason.

(edited)

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

1 year ago

I am having the same issue. Wish xfinity would stop messing with their home pages. Was working perfect before this upgrade

New Poster

• 

12 Messages

@user_764b02​ I think it's a DOWNGRADE - not an upgrade!

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

1 year ago

Dread looking for e mail now on my xfinity phone app.why can't they keep things simple and want my news weather and sports back.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

1 year ago

I never use the search bar but I can`t get the news like I use to. I use Firefox and use Edge as a back up. Neither shows the news. My sister uses Edge and hers shows news and works fine.

Contributor

• 

91 Messages

@ric1958​ Ric, Have you tried clearing your cookies and cache past 7 days as mentioned above? I'm not saying it will work for you it has for me. It is worth a try.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here