U

Tuesday, February 13th, 2024 7:14 PM

Xumo Issues

Xumo took 37 times to unplug and replug today before it stayed on.  Now, at 4 in the afternoon, it is playing audio from one channel with video from another.  It just flips back and forth, often playing two completely different audios simultaneously.  It's SO frustrating.

This post was created from this comment on different post

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

3 months ago

Agreed they released this before total developmental testing. This must be costing them a fortune because of all the returned boxes unless they just recirculate them back to their customers.

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

969 Messages

3 months ago

Hello, @user_xc5o1h! Thank you for leaving comments with your shared concerns on this post. We've converted your latest comment to its own post so that we can properly address any questions you still have. At this time, is the mismatching audio and video the main concern? What other issues have you run into? And besides power cycling the TV Box manually, what other troubleshooting have you done? This will help us understand the best place to pick up from, and our Digital Care Team is more than happy to see what else can be done to resolve this for you!

7 Messages

@XfinitySara​ Besides the audio and video not matching and switching back and forth in the middle of watching a show to and from the weather channel, it often will not restart.  When it does, despite using other commenters' suggestion of holding down the home button on the remote and the double arrows on the underside of the Xumo box, simultaneously while the Xumo box is re-powering up,  it still flickers and powers itself back off again.  On top of all of that, I can't even use my Roku stick on HDMI2 anymore since getting Xumo because it rendered it useless.  I really wonder if anyone else who used Roku has experienced this and if it's an intentional thing on the part of Xumo and/or Xfinity/Comcast<?>

Official Employee

• 

862 Messages

user_xc5o1h I have not run into any others with the RoKu issue, but I can check on that from here too. I would be happy to troubleshoot the issues with your Xumo box from here. Could you send us a direct message with the full name and complete address for your service? 

To send a direct message [private message]:

Click the "Direct Message" icon or  https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there.

- As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list.

- An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

1 Message

have we figured out what to do fix the video from one channel and audio from another channel that we were actually watching. It keeps switching to the video of some random channel. my wife and daughter both are very frustrated. and imagine this.... this is my second one doing the same thing - first one they replaced, now the second one is doing the exact same thing.

7 Messages

No.  I have no idea what to do.  Mine started that AGAIN this morning:  I was watching a Netflix show and the vide switched to the weather channel but the audio remained on the Netflix show, then just turned itself off completely.  It won't stay on again.  This entire system is just [Edited: Inflammatory].  I cannot wait until AT&T is available in my area.  Entirely unacceptable.  [Edited: Soliciting].

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

@user_xc5o1h to troubleshoot this issue could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address? To send a direct message: 

1. In the top right corner, you'll see a little chat icon near the bell icon. Click the direct message icon 
  2. Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  3. In the 'To' line, type "Xfinity Support" there. A drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list (an "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line)
  4. Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  5. Press Enter to send it. An official employee, such as myself or whoever is first available, will respond. Thanks!
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

1 Message

2 months ago

These boxes are worthless garbage. I'm on my second one in a month and nothing but issues. Going to go back to Roku since we can't even use this box without it freezing, wrong audio for video playing, random sign outs, etc etc etc 

Official Employee

• 

788 Messages

Hello @user_k3s5bk I’m sorry to hear you're having issues with your box freezing, signing out and having audio issues. I can certainly understand your frustration with all the issues you're having with your box. Can you tell me more about any troubleshooting steps you have taken? 

7 Messages

2 months ago

New one:  storm last night and, now, my remote won't work.  Unplugged/replugged everything.  It wants to re-initialize as if it's brand new but the remote doesn't do anything.  Changed the batteries in it - zilch.  I hate this Xumo box.

Official Employee

• 

256 Messages

Hey there, @user_xc5o1h. Thank you for providing the troubleshooting steps you've taken so far for the community. Is the remote functioning to attempt to unpair the remote from the box to pair it up again?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here