Mystickoracle's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, May 22nd, 2019 9:00 AM

Closed

On Demand no longer supported on TiVo (after 6/25/19)

Just recieved a letter from Comcast that at the end of June the OnDemand app will no longer be available to TiVo users.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I want to access Xfinity OnDemand and view the content on my smart Samsung TV which is also connected to TiVo and AppleTV devices.  I can no longer do this without adding another device even though I still pay the same amount to Comcast as I when I could do this before June 25.

Comcast - please advise on the no cost solution to the problem you have created and how to access the  valued services you have removed from my account ON MY TV WITHOUT AN ADDITIONAL CABLE BOX  - if there is no solution when my contract expires, my solution will be to stick with TiVo, cut the cord on your cable content and monthly bill for it, and invest the savings in alternative access methods necessary from other more customer-oriented providers.

Thanks - please surprise me with an innovative, customer-focused solution!

Gold Problem Solver

• 

18.9K Messages

5 years ago

@Allthedogs wrote:

I want to access Xfinity OnDemand and view the content on my smart Samsung TV which is also connected to TiVo and AppleTV devices.  I can no longer do this without adding another device even though I still pay the same amount to Comcast as I when I could do this before June 25.

Comcast - please advise on the no cost solution to the problem you have created and how to access the  valued services you have removed from my account ON MY TV WITHOUT AN ADDITIONAL CABLE BOX  - if there is no solution when my contract expires, my solution will be to stick with TiVo, cut the cord on your cable content and monthly bill for it, and invest the savings in alternative access methods necessary from other more customer-oriented providers.

Thanks - please surprise me with an innovative, customer-focused solution!

Apologies for the delay in responding.  Please check your Private Messages. 

The Xfinity Stream app is available on selected Samsung TVs manufactured in 2017 through 2019. 

Additional details below:

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/activating-xfinity-stream-samsung

https://www.engadget.com/2018/09/06/comcast-xfinity-stream-app-samsung-tvs/

Not all device models meet the minimum hardware requirements for the Xfinity Stream app. We are working with equipment manufacturers to bring the Xfinity Stream app to additional devices and models.

What model of Samsung TV do you have? 

Frequent Visitor

• 

10 Messages

5 years ago

my SUPER UHD 4K HDR Smart LED TV w/ Nano Cell™ Display - 65" Class (64.5" Diag)

• Model65SJ850A  also doens't support the Xfinity Streaming app. I also have iPads, Apple TV. Ipad Xfinity On-Demand Streaming app casting to Apple TV or LG isn't supported.

Oddly, my Tivo does support OTA broadcasts which is where I'll be (cutting the cord) at the end of this contract period.  If I have to get Roku or whatever, I might as well just drop Xfinity and go all-in those solutions.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

This is just Comcast's way of forcing customer to rent their DVR's.  As if their service is not expensive enough.  I will be cancelling.  There are other options.  Nice job Comcast.

Contributor

• 

14 Messages

5 years ago

Please stop telling people to get a Samsung TV as an alternative without telling them that it only applies to a few specific 2017 and 2018 models. I read this "solution" Xfinity is handing out and went and bought a new Sansung to replace my 2015 model Sansung and this app is not available on 2019 Samsungs.                             

If the Xfinity DVR was even half as functional as TiVo I'd switch to X1 but just the inability to switch between tuners is enough to keep me from switching. 

After 30 plus years I think I am done with Xfinity.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

18.9K Messages

5 years ago

@wgmarq wrote:

Please stop telling people to get a Samsung TV as an alternative without telling them that it only applies to a few specific 2017 and 2018 models. I read this "solution" Xfinity is handing out and went and bought a new Sansung to replace my 2015 model Sansung and this app is not available on 2019 Samsungs.                             

If the Xfinity DVR was even half as functional as TiVo I'd switch to X1 but just the inability to switch between tuners is enough to keep me from switching. 

After 30 plus years I think I am done with Xfinity.

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/activating-xfinity-stream-samsung

The Xfinity Stream Beta app is available on the following Samsung device models:

2019 TVs (no minimum software version) and QLED Model Codes Q900R, Q950R, Q90, Q85, Q80, Q70 and Q60; UHD Model Codes RU8000, RU7300 and RU7100

2018 TVs with minimum software version T-KTM2AKUC 1131.9 and Model Codes NU8500, NU850, NU8000, NU800, Q9F, Q8F, Q7C, Q7F and Q6 [F = Flat, C= Curved]

2018 TVs with minimum software version T-KTM2LAKUC 1131.9 and Model Codes NU7300, NU730, NU7200, NU7100 and NU710

2018 TVs with minimum software version T-KTSUAKUC and Model Code UNXXNU7090

2018 TVs with minimum software version T-KTSNAKUC 1131.9 and Model Codes N5510, N5500, N5350, N5300, N4500, N4350 and N4310

2017 TVs with minimum software version T-KTMAKUC-1210.8 and Model Codes Q9F, Q8C, Q7F (Flat), Q7C (Curved), MU9000, MU8500, MU8000, MU7600, MU7500, MU750, MU7100, MU700, MU7000, MU6500, MU6490, MU6300, MU630 and MU6290

2017 TVs with minimum software version T-KTSAKUC-1210.8 and Model Codes M5300, M530, M4500 and M450

Contributor

• 

14 Messages

5 years ago

thank you, that must have come out in the last 2 weeks. It wasn't there when I bought the TV.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.5K Messages

5 years ago

@wgmarq wrote: ... that must have come out in the last 2 weeks ...

According to https://web.archive.org/ the 2019 model info was added to https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/activating-xfinity-stream-samsung sometime after July 7. Not so awesome.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I have read all the forum listings on this topic. I don't need any more explanations about whether it is TiVo or Comcast, out-dated or un-upgradable technology, legal challenges or stubbornness. I don't care.

The issue is that I am locked into a two year contract and yet what I agreed to is not the service I am receiving. Why is there no prorated option for this "unsolvable problem"? This is breach of service. The option of using the Comcast box does not provide a comparable service to TiVo - the xFinity interface is unacceptably clumsy and slow. There is a reason that elected TiVo ten years ago. And the onDemand interface has not improved in all that time.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

What isn't mentioned with the information about alternatives is that Xfinity blocks casting. While VOD is available through the app, it is virtually useless if the content cannot be viewed on the television.

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

I know there is a fix but Xfinity does not want to Implement it because they want people to buy their own boxes or rent their own boxes instead of other alternatives on TIVO

Gold Problem Solver

• 

18.9K Messages

5 years ago

@snadowj wrote:
I know there is a fix but Xfinity does not want to Implement it because they want people to buy their own boxes or rent their own boxes instead of other alternatives on TIVO

Apologies. To be clear,  TiVo and Comcast both were very much involved in this decision. 

There are some options presented in the direct communication that you received and above that don't require you to use our boxes.    

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Yes it is safe to say "options'
but there were certainly no solutions. The answer should be a fix that presents the user with relatively the same experience.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

18.9K Messages

5 years ago

@AnnaFitz wrote:

I have read all the forum listings on this topic. I don't need any more explanations about whether it is TiVo or Comcast, out-dated or un-upgradable technology, legal challenges or stubbornness. I don't care.

The issue is that I am locked into a two year contract and yet what I agreed to is not the service I am receiving. Why is there no prorated option for this "unsolvable problem"? This is breach of service. The option of using the Comcast box does not provide a comparable service to TiVo - the xFinity interface is unacceptably clumsy and slow. There is a reason that elected TiVo ten years ago. And the onDemand interface has not improved in all that time.

Apologies. If you'd like to cancel your services based on this change or get out of your current contract without penalty,  I can help with that or waive your early termination fees as a courtesy - please send me a Private Message by clicking on my name above, the Send Me a Message in the upper right  and we can start the process.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

2.9K Messages

5 years ago

Hi there, AnnaFitz. Thank you for posting your feedback to our forums. 

I apologize for the TiVo support not being available. 

What I can do is look into a promotion that may be better suited to your needs. I usually have access to a lot due to me being a part of corporate. 

Can you please private message me your full name? Thank you for posting to our forums. 
To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMartin" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here