Mystickoracle's profile

New Poster

 • 

1 Message

Wed, May 22, 2019 9:00 AM

On Demand no longer supported on TiVo (after 6/25/19)

Just recieved a letter from Comcast that at the end of June the OnDemand app will no longer be available to TiVo users.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Responses

New Poster

 • 

4 Messages

2 y ago

I have a 2 yr old Samsung TV that cannot use the Xfinity Stream App - aparently not "new enough".

mwfrst8ed

Contributor

 • 

49 Messages

2 y ago

I think you can expect that they do not care and will not "fix" this.  Saying it will be available on other platforms is just propaganda to try to soften the blow.  They do not value their customers at all, particularly their TiVo customers.

New Poster

 • 

2 Messages

2 y ago

So to be able to stream XOD on something other than a tiny screen, it seems the cheapest solution is the basic Roku player?

New Poster

 • 

4 Messages

2 y ago

yep, and another remote, and another education sesion with the other users in the house...

Regular Visitor

 • 

2 Messages

2 y ago

Could one of the Comcast official reps (@CCKenF or  @ComcastTeds?) please clarify how the licensing agreements with the networks forbid using Xfinity Stream on a Chromecast or Apple TV, but allows the use of Xfinity Stream on a Roku?  Or allows streaming on Samsung and LG TVs, but not my Panasonic that has a Chromecast attached to it?  Is Roku or Samsung or LG paying a licensing fee that Google won't pay?

 

Seems like we all should just go out and get a $30 Roku Express.  Looks like there is no subscription or monthly fee required.

 

 


@CCKenF wrote:
@ComcastTeds wrote:
Are there other ways I can watch On Demand content?
Yes. If you have an Xfinity TV Box, you can still access your On Demand content, including any SVOD subscriptions. You can also access all of your On Demand content via the Xfinity Stream app and portal, which is available on Apple and Android devices, computers/laptops, Roku devices, Samsung Smart TVs and later this year on LG Smart TVs. 

How about allowing access to Airplay on iPads so that I can watch content from the Xfinity Stream app using my AppleTV? If I already own an AppleTV why would I want to get yet another device to watch the service that I pay for.

MrRuffles, great suggestion. However, we are unable to cast or stream content from the app to a larger device due to licensing agreements we have with the networks. 

 

As far as the HBO GO app on TiVO, there have been no announcements on this partnership at this time. 

 

Ken

 

 


 

JohnGrins

Frequent Visitor

 • 

10 Messages

2 y ago

There is no way to display On-Demand content to my LG TV.  I have a Tivo and an Apple TV....  The On-Demand app on an iPad for example can run On-Demand but I am unable to cast that content to a relatively new LG 65" TV through Apple TV?  Therefore I have no solution to display On-demand on a large display.

 

Basically, I'm paying full price for a now incomplete service because I have a Tivo.  Since your service has been reduced will my subscription be discounted or the terms renegotiated before the end of my 2 year agreement?

Regular Visitor

 • 

5 Messages

2 y ago

I'm sure Comcast doesn't see it that way....maybe the app should work on older smart TVs and android devices. It's all designed to force you to use their equipment.
miwi98

Frequent Visitor

 • 

13 Messages

2 y ago

Whose equipment is outdated, TiVo or Comcast?  So you are going to change me for another Comcast DVR because the equipment is outdated in order  for me to get OnDemand?

 

ComcastTeds

Official Employee

 • 

18.9K Messages

2 y ago


@Garyhaz wrote:
I have a Samsung smart TV and I can not use the app this is a load of crab the problem is Comcast doesn't see that there is a problem

Apologies. What is the make and model # of the Samsung Smart TV that you have? Can you describe the issues are you having? Thanks for any additional information that you are able to provide.  

 

 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Solution.tick
ComcastTeds

Official Employee

 • 

18.9K Messages

2 y ago


@miwi98 wrote:

Whose equipment is outdated, TiVo or Comcast?  So you are going to change me for another Comcast DVR because the equipment is outdated in order  for me to get OnDemand?

 


Apologies. Both. 

 

Some options below. 

 

Are there other ways I can watch On Demand content?
Yes. If you have an Xfinity TV Box, you can still access your On Demand content, including any SVOD subscriptions. You can also access all of your On Demand content via the Xfinity Stream app and portal, which is available on Apple and Android devices, computers/laptops, Roku devices, Samsung Smart TVs and later this year on LG Smart TVs.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Solution.tick

Regular Visitor

 • 

5 Messages

2 y ago

I have a Samsung smart TV and I can not use the app this is a load of crab the problem is Comcast doesn't see that there is a problem

Regular Visitor

 • 

5 Messages

2 y ago

I know my Samsung is not on the list it is 3 years old. The problem is in your cookie cutter statements you say Samsung smart T v's leaving out the fine print because you plan to do nothing. Also when will the app be available for android devices that would solve a lot of issues for people I'm guessing it will never be
ComcastTeds

Official Employee

 • 

18.9K Messages

2 y ago


@Jshur wrote:

I have a 

UN65KU6300 with the latest SW - and the xfinity app doesn't show up on the app list - I assume its not supported too.


Thanks for that information. The Xfinity Stream app is available on selected Samsung TVs manufactured in 2017 through 2019. Appears that the referenced model was manufacturered in 2016.   

 

Additional details below: 

 

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/activating-xfinity-stream-samsung

 

https://www.engadget.com/2018/09/06/comcast-xfinity-stream-app-samsung-tvs/

 

Not all device models meet the minimum hardware requirements for the Xfinity Stream app. We are working with equipment manufacturers to bring the Xfinity Stream app to additional devices and models.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Solution.tick
ComcastTeds

Official Employee

 • 

18.9K Messages

2 y ago


@Garyhaz wrote:
I know my Samsung is not on the list it is 3 years old. The problem is in your cookie cutter statements you say Samsung smart T v's leaving out the fine print because you plan to do nothing. Also when will the app be available for android devices that would solve a lot of issues for people I'm guessing it will never be

The Xfinity Stream app is available on selected Samsung TVs manufactured in 2017 through 2019. 

 

Additional details below:

 

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/activating-xfinity-stream-samsung

 

https://www.engadget.com/2018/09/06/comcast-xfinity-stream-app-samsung-tvs/

 

Not all device models meet the minimum hardware requirements for the Xfinity Stream app. We are working with equipment manufacturers to bring the Xfinity Stream app to additional devices and models.

 

The Xfinity Stream app is available for Android devices, download it here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.xfinity.cloudtvr

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Solution.tick

New Poster

 • 

4 Messages

2 y ago

I have a 

UN65KU6300 with the latest SW - and the xfinity app doesn't show up on the app list - I assume its not supported too.

New to the Community?

Start Here