Harry3667's profile

Contributor

• 

203 Messages

Monday, January 31st, 2022 6:08 PM

Closed

New remote.

Hello -- I'd like to order another new XR2 remote control, but I forget how to go about it.

Accepted Solution

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

2 years ago

Hi, @Harry3667. You can order a remote control to be shipped to you via UPS in a Getting Started kit (accessory shipping and handling fees will apply) through the Xfinity Assistant in the My Account app or Xfinity app. If you have issues, let us know and we can order one for you. 

Contributor

• 

203 Messages

@XfinityEthan​ I have no idea where to find the things you're mentioning.  I need an XR2 remote; I do remember it being delivered by UPS and added in on my Comcast bill.  That's all.  Don't know where to find the Xfinity Assistant (I tried looking for it).

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

@Harry3667. No problem! If you want to give it a try with the assistant, simply hit the chat icon in the top right of the My account app as soon as you open it. If you prefer working with us here, please direct message our name and address. 

Make sure you are signed into forums

1. In the top right corner, you'll see a little chat icon(direct message) near the bell icon. 2. Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

2. Hit the compose button to the right of "conversations"

3. In the 'To' line, type "Xfinity Support" there. A drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list (an "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line)

4. Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

5. Press Enter to send it. An official employee, such as myself or whoever is first available, will respond. Thanks!

I no longer work for Comcast.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Contributor

• 

203 Messages

@XfinityEthan​ I've sent a message to Support.

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Hi @Harry3667. We no longer provide our XR2 remotes anymore. You can order a replacement remote by using the Xfinity Assistant within our Xfinity My Account application or web portal. All you would need to do it type in "Replacement Remote" to begin the ordering process. You can find additional information on our Xfinity Assistant by visiting https://comca.st/3sk90TV support page. Would you be able to give this a quick try and let us know if you run into any issues? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Contributor

• 

203 Messages

@XfinityDemitrius​ Very difficult and confusing.  I managed to find the Assistant and got a live agent to place my order.  The live agent text is not good -- keeps jumping up and down in the window.  But thank you anyway.

(edited)

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here