Saturday, March 16th, 2024 2:14 PM

Adapter’s

Why don’t I get the same channels on adapters as regular cable box

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

2 months ago

Hi there, user_0fwely

The TV Adapter is a small device that lets you enjoy content from an all-digital cable network, right on your analog TV. Since the TV Adapter has coaxial input/output only, you won’t have access to such features as premium channels (HBO, Showtime, Starz, etc.), Pay Per View or Xfinity On Demand programming. Even if your TV has an embedded electronic program guide, you’ll need to use your TV Adapter remote control to change and tune channels. You also won’t be able to use your TV's picture-in-picture feature.

A TV Box (also known as a digital cable box, digital converter box or digital receiver) processes digital-quality signals. With a TV Box, you can view our on-screen channel guide, which includes access to TV listings, program information, search tools, parental controls and more. You'll also get access to Xfinity On Demand and Pay Per View programming.

Are you interested in switching to a TV box instead of an adapter? 

2 Messages

Is it the same price

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

We are happy to go over prices with you @user_0fwely Please feel free to send us a direct message with your full name and complete address:

(Full credit to @BruceW for this excellent explanation!) 

"Search for Xfinity Support" won't work. To send a "Direct Messaging" message to Xfinity Support:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Messaging" icon or https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there

•  - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list

•  - An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send it

See https://forums.xfinity.com/conversations/email/cant-create-a-new-email-address/605e52b726aa974d63032d02?commentId=606107ea738c7f46a02b830e for an example.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.5K Messages

2 months ago

@XfinityAirelle wrote: "... the TV Adapter has coaxial input/output only ..."

That's not quite correct. Many TV Adapters also have HDMI HD output. See, for example, https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/hd-dta-on-screen-guide.

Please be aware that there are 2 kinds of responses in this Forum: Replies and Comments. When you Comment on a post by scrolling down to "Comment on this post here...", I am notified of your response. But if you select Reply, I am NOT notified and may not be aware of your response.

(edited)

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here