ellemike's profile

New Poster

• 

13 Messages

Tuesday, January 30th, 2024 2:34 PM

phone not connected to network

Over the past several weeks I try to make a call and get the same message "Your phone is not registered on a network so yo can only make emergency calls".  I have to restart my phone each time this happens. The bigger problem is if someone is trying to call or message me and I'm unaware the problem exists. I've been told it goes directly into voicemail .

I have the Network Operators set to Select Automatically which it has always been since I got my Samsung s23. I recently change it to Xfinity Network Operators. Should I leave setting on Select Automatically or Xfinity Network Operators?

Has anyone else been experiencing this problem? 

Thanks

Official Employee

• 

3.9K Messages

5 months ago

Hey, @ellemike! Thanks for reaching out to us on the forums! I apologize to hear that you are having issues with your phone staying connected to the network. Can you let us know what the signal strength looks like when you get this error? Does it improve when you select Xfinity network vs auto network operators?

Visitor

• 

1 Message

4 months ago

I have the same problem. we have 2 phones in the house that have this problem and 2 that dont. My phone is a new a54 the other phone is an a14. Before we switched to new phones we never had the problem. Is this a 5g problem, a new model issue, a faulty copy from the old phone. We fix the problem temporarily by going airplane mode for 20 seconds.  That is a band aid and not an appropriate  fix. I have people that need to be in touch with me and the only way I know whether I can receive calls is try to call out. I also have a 86 year mother in law on a walker and she needs to be able call if she falls down. This not cool and needs to be fixed forthwith.

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Hey there, @droppingout! Thanks for reaching out to us regarding your mobile questions. Since Xfinity Mobile support is limited for our Digital Care Team via social media, we ask that you reach directly out (by call or text) to our Xfinity Mobile Sales and Service team at 1-888-936-4968 for further assistance with your mobile device. You may also use our Secure Online Chat where an Xfinity Mobile expert is available 24/7! Please let us know if you have any trouble reaching them, and I hope this helps :)

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

Same problem here.  I have an A14.  I was on the phone with a rep yesterday for a good while and she claimed to have fixed the problem by activating certain features.  I don't know what she did but I'm still having the issue today.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

Exact same problem.  I turned off the WiFi on the phone, waited a few seconds, and reconnected it, and amazingly, I can make calls again. Not a good solution if it keeps happening.

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Hi there @kkdux.

I appreciate you taking time out of your day and want to ensure you’re able to get in touch with an awesome Xfinity Mobile expert to help get this resolved. Due to account security, our options with Xfinity Mobile accounts are very limited. We're unable to perform any device or account specific requests over this platform. Have you tried calling or texting 1 (888) 936-4968, or reached out to our secure online chat at xfinity.com/xfinityassistant/?channel=xMobile where an Xfinity Mobile expert is available 24/7?

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

6 Messages

4 months ago

I guess I'm not the only one then. This has been happening sporadically over the last 2 weeks but CONSTANTLY over the past 2 days. And I cannot get past the [Edited: "Language"] chat assistant to get help. I'm not getting calls, not getting texts and having to reboot my phone every couple of hours. Someone at Xfinity must know what's going on with this and how to fix it. It would be great if ya'll could clue in your customers.

(edited)

6 Messages

So for anyone else who was seeing this problem documented everywhere but finding no info regarding the cause and/or solution, I finally got through to tech support and was told it's a problem with my SIM card. Evidently I need a SIM card upgrade which was immediately shipped and will arrive in about 4 days with a phone number of my next guide in my quest to connect with Xfinity Mobile's inner circle. In the meantime, I must remove the tainted card, wipe it with a clean cloth and pray the network will not once again reject my little phone's heart before the new organ will be received and the transplant completed! Woe! 

(...will update.)

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

The rep I talked to yesterday said she needed to activate some things that were never activated when I got my phone A14 last year.  But whatever she did didn't work as I'm having the same issues today.  Then it works for awhile once I restart my phone.  *sigh*

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

Hi, @user_6e3cf5. Thank you for reaching out. If you're still having trouble, tou can reach our mobile team by texting or calling 1 (888) 936-4968. You can also chat with an expert here https://www.xfinity.com/xfinityassistant/?channel=xMobile online. 

3 Messages

@user_u12e9f​ 

Did this work for you? Didn't for me. This is ridiculous,  xfinity you really dis-appoint!

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

@user_5kzmj2 Thanks for your feedback. Should you need help with your service please first start by submitting a new post. That way we can properly address your concern and provide you with the correct help. 

1 Message

4 months ago

All my phone lines do this often. I have called several times to fix the problem. Xfinity cell service is not reliable and I'm just waiting until I can cancel this [Edit: Language] service. 

(edited)

1 Message

You and me both. My husband has the same problem. He has the Samsung Galaxy 23 and we’ve taken the phone back to Xfinity and they’ve changed the SIM card twice and still no luck.  As soon as I can leave them I am. So disappointed 

Official Employee

• 

743 Messages

Hey there, thanks for reaching out to us regarding your mobile questions. Since Xfinity Mobile support is limited for our Digital Care Team via social media, we ask that you reach directly out (by call or text) to our Xfinity Mobile Sales and Service team at 1-888-936-4968 for further assistance with your mobile device. You may also use our 

Secure Online Chat where an Xfinity Mobile expert is available 24/7! Please let us know if you have any trouble reaching them, and I hope this helps :)

1 Message

4 months ago

We are having the same exact issue with our Samsung A14s. We keep getting the message "Your phone is not registered on a network so you can only make emergency calls". We are not getting calls, not getting texts, we are not able to make calls or send texts. We need to constantly reboot our phones. I have been on the phone with over 20 representatives, I got a new SIM card, went to the store several times. One representative said the issue is with Android phones. So I finally decided to buy an iPhone but Xfinity is telling me I need to pay $150 if I switch phones. The store couldn't fix the problem either. Xfinity wants us to send the phones in and be without a phone for up to 2 weeks. We are paying for the service but don't have a reliable service. This is so unfair.

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

@user_68434m​ Wow so it sounds like a lot of the problem is the type of phone we have.  I have the A14 but my husband has a different model Samsung and doesn't have the problem.  I haven't had mine long enough to get a new one either without having to pay a high fee.  What a pain... 

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

user_6e3cf5, Due to account security, we recommend you reach out to Xfinity Mobile directly. 

You can contact our Xfinity Mobile support center via any of the following methods: 

• SMS Text Message: 1 (888) 936-4968 • Phone: 1 (888) 936-4968 • Chat: https://www.xfinity.com/xfinityassistant/?channel=xMobile 

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

They don't help.  They keep you on hold and tell you they are activating things on your account and whatever it is they did (or didn't do) doesn't fix the problem.

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

user_6e3cf5, I wish there were more we could do for you, but we don't have access to technical support for Xfinity Mobile. The other option is to go into a Xfinity store. They are very knowledgable about all things mobile and can help you. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

The store can't help. I've been having problems with my S22 since an update in January. Many hours on Xfinity phone calls and chat with no resolution.  Actually changed phones/SIM twice with Assurant.  And still get  Network error

6 Messages

4 months ago

Yeah. Not sure if they deleted my last comment but after installing a new SIM card, I was still having the issue. Called again and the tech told me, " Oh you were on the 4g network, you need 5g. I fixed it for you." Seriously.

Not even 24 hours later, of course I'm booted off the network. For the record I too have an A14. This is unacceptable. I have not seen an issue with this phone posted in relation to other networks. I'm very disappointed with how Xfinity is gaslighting and dismissing this problem rather than address it head on and I plan on moving to another network.

Official Employee

• 

356 Messages

Good afternoon @user_u12e9f. Are you still having issues connecting to the cell network? If so, please let us know so we can assist. Thanks!

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

3 months ago

This is a huge problem. I'm in the middle of trying to sell a house. I have missed calls, because I had no idea I was not connected to a network. You are costing people money. Will you be refunding any of it?

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Hey there user_6b5c4d thanks for brining this to our attention. Are you still having issues right now?

Contributor

• 

69 Messages

3 months ago

I had the same problem with my Samsung A52 5G a month ago and then again today. I don't know what triggers it but rebooting my phone has solved the problem each time.

Contributor

• 

69 Messages

I had the problem again yesterday; as before, rebooting solved it.

(edited)

Contributor

• 

69 Messages

Problem occurred again on 4/18. Rebooting solved it again.

1 Message

3 months ago

I'm having the same problem with my A52 5G.  Started this morning after an auto-update to the phone.  Can't make or receive calls or texts from anyone other than the other person on my family plan. 

Official Employee

• 

938 Messages

@user_carrl7 I'm sorry to hear about the connection trouble after the update. I have had this hiccup after device updates and I find that simply toggling airplane mode on and off resolves the issue and allows the service to work again. Turning the device off and back on can also help as well. Have you tried either? Are you able to make or receive calls / texts now?

3 Messages

3 months ago

Same problem here with my S22 Ultra. The problem isn't the phone it's the 5G network. Started after the latest pushed system update. When putting the same SIM card in my old Note 9, no issues what so ever. It's great I have a back up but I also have a $1000 phone that's useless outside of wifi range. 

(edited)

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 months ago

Same problem for a few months now with my Galaxy A53...no luck with xfinity chat...and of course, Ironically, I can't CALL xfinity's helpline...since I can't get on the network to do so.

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Hello meegs1

I hope you are having a great morning! Sorry to hear you are not able to call in. Is there a family member or friend that might be able to allow you to call? We do have multiple levels of support for our Xfinity Mobile service. I included the various methods of contact here below. 

SMS Text Message: 1 (888) 936-4968
Phone: 1 (888) 936-4968
Chat: https://www.xfinity.com/xfinityassistant/?channel=xMobile

2 Messages

3 months ago

I have the same problem about once a week. Very annoying and has messed up planning. Sometimes I restart my phone twice to get it working properly when I figure out what is going on. It never happened with Verizon or ATT. The signal strength seems to be about 3 bars and the radar thing looks full force. 

Official Employee

• 

702 Messages

@user_k9p2fv Can you try resetting your network settings to see if that helps:

1. Open Settings and then tap General management.
  2. Tap Reset, and then tap Reset network settings.
  3. Tap Reset settings. You will prompted to enter your PIN or password to continue if you have one set.
  4. Finally, tap Reset. You can now test your mobile connection.

2 Messages

And what else will I have to do if I do this?

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

user_k9p2fv It may have you reenter your WiFi password but that should be it.

3 Messages

@XfinityTony​ this does NOT work so stop telling people to do this. Figure out the problem.

Official Employee

• 

376 Messages

@user_5kzmj2, I'd like to look further into your issue. Please send us a direct message with your first/last name and full address. You can start by clicking the "direct message" icon on the upper right page of the forum page. Once you click on that, input our shared handle "Xfinity Support" to send us a direct message. If you're signed in to your forums profile and because you have already posted to the public page, you should have the option to do so.

2 Messages

3 months ago

Same problem here. I have a Samsung galaxy s22 ultra. Started after the last update about two weeks ago. I can't make phone calls or search the internet unless I'm on wifi. Went to the store and they changed Sim card and it worked for about 20 minutes. They store associates were baffled after that and said I needed to get a new phone.... About 2 days later it miraculously worked again for about a week and now it's out again.. I keep getting Selected Network(Xfinity Mobile) not available. Then sometimes I don't see the error message and I have LTE with 2or 3 bars but it still doesn't work. Then occasionally it will work for one call and stop working again. I've tried changing apn, restarting phone, deleting apps, turning on airplane mode. So far nothing seems to be the right answer.

Official Employee

• 

574 Messages

user_g24cqy Are you still having issues with your mobile device?

1 Message

3 months ago

Same issue here.  Will randomly not be registered on the network and won't receive call or texts and not even know I'm missing them.  Then when restart phone it doesn't even show the missed calls, so I have no idea.  Only way I find out is having people tell me in person my phone has been going straight to voice-mail.  I have a s21+ and having been having the issue for over a month now, and it's completely random. Xfinity needs to acknowledge there is a issue and get it resolved or I'm switching carriers.  

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

Yes it's been going on for a month or 2.  My hubby got a call on his phone from friends who said they'd been trying to call my phone (A14) and it was going straight to voicemail.  It had worked earlier in the day because I'd gotten a call.  Rebooted my phone and was able to call out.  I don't know that after this much time there will be a fix.

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

user_9s56pj Good afternoon! Thank you for reaching out to our Community Forums Team to share your experience with your Xfinity Mobile services. I can see how this would be frustrating. I would be delighted to assist you in getting you in the right direction for a resolution. Before we begin, are there any other troubleshooting steps you have tried aside from restarting your devices? 

3 Messages

2 months ago

I have this problem as well and VERY fed up to the point I am about to cancel both phones and Internet. I have tries so many things suggested by both phone and messenger and NOTHING works. Changed sims card....still happening. 

2 Messages

So far , the one thing that has worked for me was reinserting my sim card and pushing down a little harder into its sim card holder. It felt like it snapped into place more securely, I guess..., and for two weeks it's been working.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here