T

Contributor

• 

49 Messages

Friday, August 11th, 2023 4:45 PM

Closed

Xfinity Community username

How do I change my username from the generic to a specified username (teachsac). When I go into my profile it is grayed out.

Thanks

Official Solution

Retired Employee

• 

5.9K Messages

1 year ago

@user_a71d30 

Thank you for posting this question. We are happy to change your username for you. You are welcome to share your requested new username here, or you can send it to me directly via direct message. Whatever you prefer, we are happy to make that change for you.

Contributor

• 

49 Messages

@XfinityJessie​ It's in the first post. Please change my username to teachsac

Contributor

• 

49 Messages

@XfinityJessie​ You've marked it as official solution. Are you going to change it? Thank you.

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Thanks for taking the time to reach out. We're still working on the issue and hope to have a resolution available for you soon. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Contributor

• 

49 Messages

@XfinityKrista​ What issue? It should not be difficult to change a username. In fact we should be able to change our own username.

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

@teachsac - Sorry for the confusion! And for the delay. I've gone ahead and updated your username. Regarding the other issue, your ticket is still open, and we will follow up with you in our Direct Messages once we have an update :) Thank you very much for your patience throughout this process!

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Contributor

• 

49 Messages

1 year ago

Marked official solution but it hasn’t been accomplished?

Expert

• 

30.8K Messages

@teachsac​ 

Looks like it has!

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick

Visitor

• 

26 Messages

11 months ago

Agree with @teachsac - it should not be this difficult to change our username. There is no way to change the auto-generated generic username. Very impersonal when "talking" with other people.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

7.9K Messages

10 months ago

I also wonder what is going on with usernames. Mine seems to have changed to some generic userxxxx format. Not sure when it happened. I have been on here for years, and I just noticed the change recently.

Contributor

• 

222 Messages

@user9840​ 

This is "telcodad." Let's see if that's the same for me.

Looks like I'm OK. :-)

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

Hi, @user9840! Thanks for taking the time to reach out to XFINITY over our forums page. I would definitely have the same concern. We can help. When you go to change it out like in the following link, is the username grayed out for you as well?

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

Ah, okay. My sincere apologies for the confusion and inconvenience @user9840. Would you like to have us change your communities username back to "Andyross" today? 

(edited)

Contributor

• 

56 Messages

@user9840​ - just logged in to the Community to whine about my internet/phone/tv being down AGAIN (third time in two weeks), and I notice my Forum username is different than it has been for almost 10 years. Whaddup with that?!

Retired Employee

• 

5.9K Messages

@pamm2,

Thank you for your posted question, we have responded to your original post on this same topic found here: https://forums.xfinity.com/conversations/getting-started/community-username-was-changed/6538b2768dcccb444e096552

We ask that you please refrain from posting the same question/concern more than once. Duplicate posting is considered a violation to our posted Xfinity Forum Guidelines and our Xfinity Forum Acceptable Use Policy. Please remember, by having an account and utilizing these forums, you have already agreed to the rules, policies, and guidelines contained within those document as well as any other posted documents throughout the community. We appreciate your review and continued adherence to those posted policies. 

(edited)

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.8K Messages

10 months ago

... user9840 ... Mine seems to have changed to some generic userxxxx format ...

That's especially odd because it's not quite in the generic format, which seems to be "user"+underscore+6 hex digits. Puzzling!

Please be aware that there are 2 kinds of responses in this Forum: Replies and Comments. When you Comment on a post by scrolling down to "Comment on this post here...", I am notified of your response. But if you select Reply, I am NOT notified and may not be aware of your response.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

7.9K Messages

10 months ago

The Xfinity.com settings are for the Xfinity account, not the community. It only has my real name and email. The ID seen on the community is, and always has been, separate, even if the community account is tied to an Xfinity account. It was "Andyross" for a long time, and only appears to have changed a month or so ago.

Retired Employee

• 

5.9K Messages

@user9840 

Thank you for posting your forum username change question here. As mentioned by our Expert @Again, changes to Xfinity Forum usernames is done only when they directly violate our Xfinity Forum Guidelines and/or our Xfinity Forum Acceptable Use Policy. This could include the use of any personal information such as last names, phone numbers, account numbers etc.. As only our Xfinity Forum Administrators have the ability to edit usernames, if you are unhappy with the change in your username you are welcome to share here or with me privately via direct message what your preferred username is, as long as it does not violate those above mentioned policies, we are happy to change it for you. 

I hope this addresses your concerns. Please let us know if you have any other questions or comments related to the Xfinity Forum or your username here. 

(edited)

Visitor

• 

26 Messages

10 months ago

So then it makes sense not to bother trying to change username here since you had a name ("Andyross") then it changed back to the generic "user9840" on it's own. From now on when I post at the forum I will just sign off at the end of my post.

-zephmarie

Expert

• 

30.8K Messages

@user_b8d106​ 

If you want to change your username to "zephmarie", as long as that is not your real name the forum administrator @XfinityJessie can change it for you.

@user9840 

Not sure why your name reverted to this, but it may be because we now have to maintain more privacy, so first and last names can no longer be used.  You might want to tap Jessie as well.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick

Retired Employee

• 

5.9K Messages

@zephmarie​ 

Thank you for sharing your Xfinity Forum username feedback here. Usernames can be 100% customized by users upon registering in the Xfinity Forum for the first time. If you do not choose a username at that time, our system will provide you a default username. After registration is complete, the only people who can edit usernames are our Xfinity Forum Administrators. This means if you are ever unhappy about your username you simply need to make a post about it (such as you did here). I have reviewed your request and your account and see no violation to our Xfinity Forum Guidelines and/or our Xfinity Forum Acceptable Use Policy so your requested username change has been complete. 

Please let us know if you have any other questions related to the Xfinity Forum or your username here. 

(edited)

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.8K Messages

10 months ago

...  It only has my real name and email ...

You might want to remove your real name from your profile. A bug in the Forum software leaks it under certain conditions. This was reported to the Forum Administrator many months ago but was never corrected.

Please be aware that there are 2 kinds of responses in this Forum: Replies and Comments. When you Comment on a post by scrolling down to "Comment on this post here...", I am notified of your response. But if you select Reply, I am NOT notified and may not be aware of your response.

Contributor

• 

56 Messages

BruceW- thank you for clarifying the difference in replying vs commenting. It’s very helpful! Seriously, it didn’t occur to me there might be a difference. I appreciate the pearl of wisdom.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

7.9K Messages

10 months ago

The real name and email are only in the Xfinity profile. They are not visible to other users.

I do want mine changed back to the original "Andyross" if possible.

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

No problem, @Andyross! How is everything now looking on your end?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here