pamm2's profile

Contributor

• 

56 Messages

Wednesday, October 25th, 2023 6:15 AM

Closed

Community username was changed?

My Forums username was changed without my knowledge or consent. When I look in my Profile, the username field displays the new username, but the field is grayed out, no access to change it back. Who would have the authority to make this change?  No one on god’s green earth has access to any of my accounts, but even if they did, the grayed out username field would bar an outsider from changing it. Ten years with my original username, and in the last 4-5 days days it has mysteriously changed. It’s creepy and unnerving, Comcast. I know the change happened in the last 4-5 days because that’s when I logged on to post about my internet/tv/phone being out yet again, and I saw my username was the same old name. Before I completed writing that post, everything came back online so I discarded my draft post. But tonight, Tuesday 10/24/23, internet/phone/tv all went down at about 10:00pm. I reset modem and router to no avail. Help me, Obi Wan(s). You’re my only hope.

Official Solution

Retired Employee

• 

5.9K Messages

11 months ago

@pamm2,

Thank you for posting your forum username change question here. Just so you are aware, only our Xfinity Forum Administrators manage usernames in this space. Any changes to a username is done only when they directly violate our Xfinity Forum Guidelines and/or our Xfinity Forum Acceptable Use Policy. This could include the use of any personal information such as last names, phone numbers, account numbers etc.. As only our Xfinity Forum Administrators have the ability to edit usernames, if you are unhappy with the change in your username you are welcome to share here or with me privately via direct message what your preferred username is, as long as it does not violate those above mentioned policies, we are happy to change it for you. 

I hope this addresses your concerns. Please let us know if you have any other questions or comments related to the Xfinity Forum. 

(edited)

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here