Accepted Solution

Retired Employee

• 

5.9K Messages

4 years ago

@helpwithemail2 wrote:

how do i send a private message

@helpwithemail2 

Welcome to the Xfinity Forum and thank you for posting your question here. Per our Xfinity Forum Guidelines, the best communities have most conversations happening in the public boards. This helps to ensure that our users get the fastest most accurate response possible provided by other user or our Official Employees. This also serves to benefit other users who may have a similar question. When interacting with an employee we will always try to keep as much of the conversation in that public thread but know we may ask you for a private message if we need to discuss your account-specific details. To help maintain our forum design, we ask that you never send unsolicited/unwanted private messages to any employee or user in these forums unless specifically asked to do so.

With that being said, please choose the most appropriate public board for your question type and post it. This will help ensure you get the quickest answer possible. If an employee or user would like to assist you further via private message they will request that you send them one. 

Thanks in advance for your understanding. Please let us know if you need any additional help or have any other questions related to private messaging in the Xfinity Forum. 

Frequent Visitor

• 

16 Messages

5 years ago

I do not have a message icon, Please configure.  THANKS

Gold Problem Solver

• 

2.2K Messages

5 years ago

If you click on your provile icon, next to the notifications icon then select My Settings, then Preferences then Private Messenger.  Make sure the box is checked to turn it on.

Contributor

• 

294 Messages

5 years ago

How do I get this feature activated?  I have read a few topics about how to send one and I don't see any envelope or message count or any way to send a private message.

Thanks.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

2.2K Messages

5 years ago

Unsolicited PM's are against Forum policy. An agent has to request/allow you to PM them and then the option will appear on their profile when you open it.  Check out https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Getting-Started/Private-Messaging/m-p/3217923 

Also, in our profile settings, there is an option to turn on private messenger.  Click on your picture/icon in the upper right next to the notifications icon and select My Settings, then Preferences, the Private Messenger.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

5.9K Messages

5 years ago

I notice you have already posted in more than one location about your problem(s).

Please read the following links I added below about forum rules. No one is allowed to PM anyone with out prior approval. All problems posted are answered by a Comcast employee (if needed) in the order received. New members will get the PM option turned on after they have posted a number of times, and are following the rules of the forum.

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Guidelines/Xfinity-Forum-Guidelines/m-p/3115028#M1

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Guidelines/Xfinity-Forum-Acceptable-Use-Policy/m-p/2618379#M2

Contributor

• 

294 Messages

5 years ago

I’m on thread where a Comcast employee is asking people with a particular issue to PM him. I don’t see any way to do it. Many people on that topic can’t see any way to PM.

The options you mention in settings aren’t there for me. I’m thinking there’s some other more fundamental problem.

Retired Employee

• 

5.9K Messages

5 years ago

@screenname137 

This is working as designed. Due to the influx of unsolicited private messages sent within this community, we have disabled this feature until you have posted your question on a public thread. I have verified that this feature is currently enabled with your profile. You can get specific directions on how to send or read your private messages here: https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/help/faqpage

As mentioned by @jav6joev sending unsolicited private messages to any user in this forum does violate forum guidelines (found here: https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Guidelines/Xfinity-Forum-Guidelines/td-p/3115028) and Xfinity Forum Acceptable Use Policy (found here: https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Guidelines/Xfinity-Forum-Acceptable-Use-Policy/td-p/2618379). We ask that you review those documents as violations could result in a revocation of your Xfinity Forum posting privileges. 

Contributor

• 

294 Messages

5 years ago

et voila! seems to be working now - thanks so much.  although my issue has also been solved so I no longer need to contact this comcast person.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Good morning,

How do I write a message to a certain person, or what to do if you don't have that feature? @Comcast_Support 

Thanks in advance!

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

5 years ago

@venturabase wrote:

Good morning,

How do I write a message to a certain person, or what to do if you don't have that feature? @Comcast_Support 

Thanks in advance!

You have to post publicly first to unlock that feature! You should be set now! Let us know otherwise!

Expert

• 

30.8K Messages

5 years ago

@Comcast_Support wrote:

@venturabase wrote:

Good morning,

Thanks in advance!

You have to post publicly first to unlock that feature! You should be set now! Let us know otherwise!

@venturabase 

In addition, however, it's against the Guidelines and the Acceptable Use Policy to send unrequested PM's to anyone in the forums.  You can read about the PM Policy here.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Could I have PMs enabled? Seems silly I need to make a post for this

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

4 years ago

You needed to make a public post first. Why do you need to send a private message so badly? It’s against Forum Guidelines to send unasked for Private Message

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

Hi,

@ComcastJessie or another admin, can you please open my private messaging access? 

Thanks

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here