U

Saturday, February 10th, 2024 1:30 AM

Xumo stream box issues

It seems the Flex box, now replaced by the XUMO Steam box, are prone to a multitude of issues.

I was using a Roku until June 2023 when Hulu stopped being supported on that model, so I thought I would switch to the Flex box since it's free and gives Peacock as a free benefit. All was well with the box until early December, when it started having issues with the Dolby digital stream via the HDMI; it would not send the signal, requiring multiple reboots to get it to comply, and often with a ten minute delay, in which the signal would go in and out for several minutes, often with jarring loud noises sent to the speakers. Tech support said go get a new box, which we did the other day, now the XUMO STREAM box. It worked well for ONE DAY, and now does exactly the same thing, IN ADDITION TO OFTEN FREEZING UP WHILE IN ACTIVE USE (the remote stops responding, so to end a show I must unplug power to the unit).  Is there anything to be done other than getting ANOTHER box? Is there some reason Comcast/Xfinity struggles so much with having quality hardware?

2 Messages

13 days ago

After one day, I'm literally about to toss the remote and box at the wall from frustration!! Remote doesn't work and in the middle of my kid's YouTube show, some murder crime episode of Dateline NBC starts playing and I have NO idea why! Haven't watched it, no idea what app to even close since I don't know which app is playing it, and it just switches back and forth from 5 little ducks to a bloody crime scene!! And no matter what I press, it's as if I'm using YouTube, but the whole time, Dateline NBC is playing on the screen! I absolutely hate Xfinity! 

1 Message

We're having the same issues over here! It's always dateline from the Xfinity Stream app! It just randomly starts playing in the middle of whatever we're watching.

Official Employee

• 

492 Messages

@user_mlpvhz, thank you for bringing this to our attention. I would love to dive deeper into what is going on and get this reported so our development team can get a fix implemented. Please, send us a DM with your name and address, so we can get started.

To send a direct message:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

Click the "Direct Message" icon in the upper right corner or https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there.

- As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list.

- An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Official Employee

• 

934 Messages

@earnold27 Thank you for reaching out via our Xfinity Community Forums. I am not familiar with this issue but would be happy to troubleshoot it with you. When is the last time you logged out of the Xfinity Stream app on your Streaming device? Logging out and back in will help refresh your connection and options. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Official Employee

• 

431 Messages

@user_mlpvhz That is good to hear that this has been resolved. Let us know if you should need any further assistance. 

1 Message

@earnold27​ I'm having the same issue I'm watching a you tube video and than Datelins comes on

Official Employee

• 

378 Messages

12 days ago

@user_cq5fqo Hello, I am happy to be of assistance. Can you please send us a DM. You can start by clicking the chat icon located in the top right corner of your forums' page when signed in. Once there, you can direct your messages to "Xfinity Support." Please add your full name and service address to help us locate your account. Let me know if you have any questions. 

1 Message

10 days ago

This is happening to us, too! What is the solution? We've tried restarting everything multiple times--even disconnecting and reconnecting cables, etc. How do we fix this??

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

Thank you for reaching out to us @user_3uujsi! Are you experiencing any error codes or messages when this occurs?

1 Message

I’m experiencing this too and have been on multiple chats and calls with Xfinity tech support. Whatever they say they are resetting on their end isn’t doing a darn thing. We’ve unplugged and reset both our boxes multiple times. Thinking of switching to AT&T!

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here