B

Monday, May 13th, 2024 4:14 PM

ESPN unable to play, valid token required error on Xumo Box ESPN App

When trying to stream ESPN on the ESPN app on my Xumo Box, I get the following error: "Unable to play video, error: valid token required." This error also occurs when trying to stream ESPN2 and ESPN3 in the app. It does not occur when streaming from an ESPN+ option with in the same ESPN app. In the 2 attached images, you can see the error message as well as the same content available from the ESPN source showing "logged into TV provider" and the ESPN+ source showing "subscribed to ESPN+." 

I've done tried refresh app and clearing locally stored data in the system settings with no change.

1 Message

1 month ago

Same! Super bummed. Never had issues with the flex box before 

Official Employee

• 

734 Messages

1 month ago

Hello, bambamdozer13 thank you for taking time out of your day to create a post. I appreciate all the detailed information you provided, it is helpful knowing you can view the content on ESPN + App but not the regular ESPN channels. 

I found this great article on our website: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/xfinity-xumo-faqs. Broadcast TV (e.g., NBC, CBS, ABC, and FOX) and cable networks (e.g., CNN, ESPN, and HGTV) are not included with the Xumo Stream Box. However, you can watch live TV through a separate streaming service like YouTube TV, Hulu Live TV, Sling TV Orange and Blue, and Paramount+. 

Reading this information, it would make sense why you can access the ESPN + content since that is App specific. Where ESPN, ESPN 2 and 3 are specific channels. Were you ever able to access the content before, and now getting the error? 

1 Message

1 month ago

I'm receiving the same error on ESPN+ through my Hulu bundle. I think my Xfinity subscription is what is creating the issues. This Xfinity stream service has been such a nightmare, I've had to download multiple other stream services and they won't work. Why I link my provider as Xfinity it denies my access. Fix it. 

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Hello user_3lty2i, thanks for reaching out to our Forum for help. To make sure we're on the same page and working on the full scope of your issue, can you please confirm what device you're using when you run into that error and if you're only seeing this issue on ESPN+?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

1 Message

20 days ago

For the last week or so espn+ is the only app that won't load on my tv with xumo box keep getting. Keep getting startup error, app can't start up correctly (22). <Edited: Language>

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Good afternoon @user_ydfb9n, and thank you for reaching out on our Community Forums, we're sorry to hear that for the last week or so your ESPN+ app isn't loading on your TV with your Xumo box and that you keep getting a startup error, I completely understand your frustrations, that's one of my favorite and most watched apps! Rest assured, our team is here to help. Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app? Have you tried restarting your Xumo box as well? 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

How does an app get uninstalled on a xumo box?

Official Employee

• 

2.3K Messages

@gr8noise That is a great question, we cannot uninstall apps on a Xumo box. You can close and relaunch the app to perform troubleshooting.

11 Messages

17 days ago

Xumo is terrible, bring back Flex

1 Message

15 days ago

agreed  xumo stinks bring back flex my issue is the same because I pay for ESPN on my home xfinity subscription I should be able to access it through my xumo box at my summer camp but cannot only on my laptop

Official Employee

• 

562 Messages

Good Morning, user_btvwa8! Thank you so much for taking the time to reach out to us on Xfinity Forums. I am sorry to hear about the experience with the Xumo box. Can you share with us if you get an error when attempting to access ESPN on the Xumo Box?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here