U

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Tuesday, August 8th, 2023 9:47 PM

Closed

Xfinity lost hundreds of emails....again

I opened my email yesterday to discover that my Inbox is missing everything before 10/24/2022 and everything between 10/27/2022 and 7/11/2023.  My Sent box is missing everything from 6/8/2023-7/6/2023 and there is nothing in my Sent box after 7/8/2023.  My Spam folder is also nearly empty. 

I contacted support who informed me that the emails would be recovered and someone would call me within 2 hours.  Neither of those happened.  After 7 hours, I contacted support again who informed me that they couldn't find the CR ticket number that I provided and I had to go through the whole explanation again.  I was again told that it would be resolved within 2 hours.  At 9 hours I was still missing a similar number of emails.

This exact problem occurred 1 month ago.  After contacting support that time, approximately 24 hours later everything just magically was restored.  This is absolutely unacceptable for a major service provider to not be able to confidently store emails.  

I directly messaged Support who created a Restore folder which was able to recover a small portion of the missing emails.  However, I was just informed by them that if the emails are not recovered within 2 hours then they have been deleted from the servers.  

I am getting mixed messages from support and am uncertain if there is anything else that I can do to recover the missing emails but also is there something that I can do for the future when, without much doubt, Xfinity will do this again. 

1 Message

9 months ago

Same thing happened to me. I got the same story. Did you ever get them back? 

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

By my persistent "nagging", support was able to recover them.  If you contact them, be prepared with exact dates and estimated number of emails lost.  If you get an answer that you don't like, call back, you'll probably get a different answer.

1 Message

Comcast sent me a message today to change my password, which I recently changed less than 6 weeks ago. I called them to question why and the rep made me change my password AGAIN and then somehow deleted all my email and folders. Spent a hour on phone, when I requested to speak with a supervisor and still trying to recover. What happened to Customer Service? Very frustrating.

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

user_rejohf, Thank you for reaching out to Xfinity Support. Please let us know if you are still having issues with your email. We would like to troubleshoot with you. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

1 Message

7 months ago

Just happened to me --lost hundreds of email from 12/15/23-1/11/24.  Comcast claimed they would send restore files - which they did, but those restored files contained 2-3  random emails from my trash folder -- none of the ones stores in my Inbox or sent folders.  Worst tech support I ever encountered -- they know nothing and couldn't even confirm that they do backups!  Pathetic! They will not connect me to anyone in Tech Support that can actually fix this and last "tech support" person hung up on me!

1 Message

This happened to me as well… basically the same dates 

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

Thank you for reaching out to us here @user_9vh0fr. I will be happy to assist you from here with that email issue. Could you send us a direct message with the full name and complete address for your service? 

To send a direct message [private message]:

Click the "Direct Message" icon or  https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there.

- As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list.

- An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

@user_plauhq Thank you for letting us know that you are also encountering missing emails. If you are still missing those emails 

send our team a direct message with your full name, the name listed on the account (if different), and the service address associated with your account, I'd be more than happy to look into this for you. To send a Direct Message, please click on the chat icon in the top-right corner of the screen, next to the bell icon, and then type or select "Xfinity Support" to initiate a direct message. 

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us: • Click "Sign In" if necessary • Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon (upper right corner of this page) • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window • Press Enter to send your message

1 Message

7 months ago

All mine are gone up until 12/14/23 and emails I deleted are even back in my inbox

Official Employee

• 

2.4K Messages

@user_x97ryp Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us here on our Xfinity Forums. Just to clarify, are you missing emails or were they restored?

2 Messages

6 months ago

The same thing just happened to me, covering roughly the same dates. Everything from approximately 12/17/23 suddenly disappeared from all folders, and a few deleted messages reappeared. I was writing an e-mail in Outlook for Windows (configured with IMAP), I saw Outlook sync with the server in the background, and immediately the last month of emails was deleted. They are also gone from web mail. This has happened at least once before. Comcast clearly has a problem on the server side. They accidentally triggered a restore to an old backup snapshot or something. It's disappointing that the largest ISP in the country can't run a functioning e-mail server. For what they charge now, I'm expecting them to restore all of our missing e-mails ASAP.

2 Messages

Well my e-mail magically reappeared the next day, so if you are experiencing similar problems don't lose hope. Though who knows if any incoming e-mails were lost in the process. Hopefully Comcast will root cause and fix this, since even if lost mail is eventually restored it's a big disruption for everyone affected.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Happened to me too, 30 days of lost emails, Dec 20-Jan 20. Got a recovery folder with emails for the wrong dates. So now 4 hours of investment and 2nd ticket who say they can't help & have to escalate to the engineers? So 3rd ticket and waiting 48 hours. Kept saying might not be retrievable.  Unbelievable & unacceptable! After decades of loyalty to Xfinity they are falling to pieces. Time to all jump ship to safety. 

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Mine were restored. Again was told I had deleted them. I have hundreds and I'd go through and select all of them and delete - seriously? Told him I was aware this was happened to many customers and he stopped. Good luck everyone.

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

@renateam We are happy to hear your emails have been restored. If you need anything further please let us know. We are here to assist you. 

1 Message

6 months ago

The exact same thing happened to my wife tonight while we were on our email it literally disappeared in front of us, worse was the lack of belief by the tech service they kept telling us we must have deleted them and they would be in the trash folder! We lost exactly 30 days of email from 12/24 to 1/23 and it occured at 9pm PST. Xfinity when are you going to admit you have a problem and stop telling your customers to look in their trash? We received a recover folder in the online inbox wit the wrong recovery dates.

2 Messages

6 months ago

Happened to me at 9pm PST last night as well. Lost everything from 12/27 @ 1pm through 9pm last night (1/24/2024). After numerous calls to Xfinity support, there was no resolution.

Even if I lead in with the fact that I have been through all troubleshooting steps, each rep insists on going through the process again then give the same response; if their recovery process -- to put all emails received in the specified timeframe into a recover directory -- doesn't work, then the emails are permanently deleted and non-recoverable.

I spent almost 4 hours trying to get to Level 3 support, but it was always an endless loop which always ended up with me being transferred back to level 1.

So, there is a ticket opened. Hopefully they figure this out. Xfinity should not be losing the data I pay them to keep secure.

Frustrated customer of 20+ years here.

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Thank you for reaching out to us, @chrhup! We regret to hear your emails were lost and completely understand how important it is to recover them. I see that you have also sent us a direct message. Please be reminded that sending unsolicited Direct Messages to an Official Employee of the Xfinity Community Forum, is a violation of Forum Guidelines. In the future we ask that you please find the most appropriate public board for your question type and post it there. If needed, we may invite you to send us a Direct Message. We can certainly take a further look at that ticket over direct message. 

2 Messages

6 months ago

Same thing happened yesterday to me.  All inbox emails are gone prior to 7:25 am est. Spent 2 hours on the phone with tech support.  A recovered folder showed up today but it is just old already deleted emails.  Inbox still missing!  Tried calling customer servcie again and couldn't get tech support at all.  Time to switch to gmail.  Hands down the worst customer service EVER.  Have had this email account for 20 years.

3 Messages

6 months ago

Noticed on Jan 24, 2024 all email in my inbox prior to 1/16/2023, about 12 years worth was gone.  Also lost most of my sent emails, some random sent emails remain from various years.  Spam folder had emails back to Dec 19, 2023 I could recover.  Contacted Tech support CSA on Jan 25, restore folder attempt recovered 3 emails from Jan 19, 2024.  Called later that day on Jan 25 and second attempt recovered 1 email from Jan 19, 2024.  Called again on Jan 26 and was told I would talk to their best Tech support assistant Michael.  He ran what seemed to be the same troubleshoot and restore procedure, had me log out and log back in.  He said I would have a restore folder with all lost emails.  There was no restore folder at all and he was very surprised by that.  He put me on hold for a few minutes and then said all emails would be restored in one to two hours.  I said what if they are not?  He said he guarantees they will be there, 100% confident.  I checked last night after 2 hours, still no email prior to Dec 19, 2023.  I checked this morning 14 hours later, still no email prior to Dec 19, 2023.  I will wait another 24 hours.  If the emails are not there I will call tech support again.  Documents and information that I can no longer access as of today create a devastating situation for me.

3 Messages

6 months ago

Fourth try and same result.  I had to explain everything all over again.  I was told I was being transferred to a higher level tech when I insisted a fourth try would not work.  I was transferred, fourth attempt tried and once again failed.  A restore folder came with only 1 email from wrong date returned.  I was told there is a level three tech support and that a note was sent to them to call me within 2 days.  I also requested a call from a supervisor.  No call so far and still all of my emails prior to Dec 19,2023 are lost.  Xfinity CARE, Product or Leadership will you please intervene and help me here?  I need to have my email restored.   I have been working within your process and procedures for four days with ZERO results.

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

@user_ds9g8m thanks for reaching out and sharing your feedback about your emails. Chances are if you are not seeing your emails in a recovery folder they might be unrecoverable. That said we can still take a look and see what resolution we can provide you. Please feel free to send us a direct message with your full name and complete service address:

(Full credit to @BruceW for this excellent explanation!) 

"Search for Xfinity Support" won't work. To send a "Direct Messaging" message to Xfinity Support:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Messaging" icon or https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there

•  - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list

•  - An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send it

See https://forums.xfinity.com/conversations/email/cant-create-a-new-email-address/605e52b726aa974d63032d02?commentId=606107ea738c7f46a02b830e for an example.

3 Messages

6 months ago

Another 2 hours with Xfinity with same result, no emails restored prior to Dec 19,2023..  And they say they may be lost forever...how is that ok?  Simply unbelievable that Xfinity will charge for a service that they do not fully supply or support. They want me to contact CSA yet again for a sixth try of the same thing, insanity!  I will continue to post here until this is resolved as a community service and reference point for others going through the same.

6 Messages

6 months ago

All of my emails and folders have been deleted from 2007 to the present, thousands of emails. I have talked with 13 representatives over a period of weeks from intake, Level 1, Level 2 and been "escalated" several times. I have been calling and going through the "wait 2 hours" to "wait 24-48 hours" to "wait 48-72 hours" and have been promised a call back on three different occasions.....no call ever received. I called again today and was told it has been escalated once again and to wait another 72 hours. Many of the representatives have said they can see my deleted emails but are unable to restore them to my email account. I'm at a loss as to what to do to actually get this situation resolved. I continue to call back hoping to get that one representative that might actually know how to restore my emails. I feel like a dog chasing its tail. The hours, and hours and hours....... of time spent is ridiculous and a waste of time but I don't know what else to do. Any suggestions?

Official Employee

• 

674 Messages

@user_xfxve9, hello and thank you for reaching out to us today. I would be more than happy to assist you with your email concerns and point you in the correct direction. This particular issue is one that would need to be resolved through contact with our Customer Security Assurance team who are dedicated to the resolution of these email concerns. Here is a great link with additional information on how you can contact this team. 

6 Messages

Link provided does not work. Bad Request. I'm curious why my issue, retrieving deleted emails, was handled by multiple "wrong" departments over the last 6 weeks? Why didn't Xfinity immediately transfer me to the Customer Security Assurance Team if this is the department responsible for this resolution? Please explain and provide correct link. Also, once again, after 48-72 hours, I have not been contacted by Xfinity nor have my emails been restored by the escalation team as promised.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Hmm, that link does pull up on our end. I'd recommend clearing cache and cookies and if you're not using Google Chrome, we recommend accessing it with that browser. Some issues don't necessary need to be sent over to our Customer Security Assurance team and can sometimes be handled through our advance tech team. 

6 Messages

I still have not been contacted by Xfinity to resolve the problem with my deleted emails, as promised. However, I was contacted twice by Xfinity to inquire about my satisfaction with their service. Seriously?!?!?!?!? Restore the seventeen years of emails and folders you deleted Xfinity!!!! 

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

@user_xfxve9 We definitely want to make sure you have access to all your Emails. Have you reached out to our Customer Security Assurance department? 

Frequent Visitor

• 

8 Messages

6 months ago

Seems like hundreds of people have lost all of their Comcast emails in their inbox, trash, sent, an archived folders all around the same time. And their customer service has no clue how to fix this massive problem. I had it happen to me also. Even their web site wiped clean nothing there, except new emails coming in after everything disappeared. I am thinking they don’t realize the total extent off this massive loss of data. They have had maybe a major server go down, or maybe they have been hacked and this has caused the loss. Even if they know they will not tell you and the people we talk to are just following the binder that they have to try and help people. This is major as you can hardly get a live person, and chats are loaded. I am experienced with these types of thing and I know how the levels work in support. Maybe when someone figures out what has happened we might get our emails back. But I smell a very nasty class action lawsuit coming if it isn’t resolved. There will be major financial losses that will be incurred to a lot of people including myself. I hope it is not deliberate sabotage from one of our foreign governments.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Hello @45circus23 thank you so much for using our Forums to contact our Xfinity Support Team. We are sorry to hear you are also having issues with your emails and we are happy to jump into assisting you with this. To get started can you send us a DM with your complete name and service address? Here's the detailed steps to direct message us: 
• Click the "Direct Message" icon (upper right corner of this page) 
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list 
• Press Enter to send your message

Visitor

• 

1 Message

6 months ago

Another one - all my email from Jan 16 to Feb 9 disappeared Sat morning.  Please restore it. 

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Good evening @MarkCliggett, and thank you for reaching out on our Community Forums. We're sorry to hear your emails are missing from January 16th to February 9th. To confirm, are you using the XFINITY website to access your emails or a third party client server for example Outlook? 

2 Messages

6 months ago

No contact at all from xfinity. All emails in inbox gone prior to Jan 21 2024. Spent hours on the phone on Jan 21 but nothing worked. Tried calling back at the number they gave me but could not get a human on the phone and was required to go thru all the [EDIT: Language] again.  Somerhing is very wrong at xfinity, they must have been hacked.

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

user_6dz40p Did you reach out to the Customer Security Assurace (CSA) Team for assistance? 

1 Message

5 months ago

Hi, the same thing just happened to me. I'm in the middle of job-hunting, and noticed today that a number of important emails from last week that I need for interviews this week, just disappeared. I've checked all of my folders, both from my phone and my desktop, and emails from 3/6/24-3/8/24 are missing. These are urgent, so if anyone has any tips on how to recover these emails, I'd greatly appreciate it!

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

Hi there @angelamanz!  Thank you so much for taking the time to voice your concerns with your email access.  We are so glad to hear from you and want to help in any way that we can to ensure you are having the best experience with your service.  No worries!  You have reached out to the right team to get things squared away.  Please feel free to shoot us a private message so that we can get started.  

To send a "direct message" / "private message" message to Xfinity Support:

• Click the "Direct Message" icon or https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging 

• The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there

•  - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list

•  - An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Press Enter to send it

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here