U

Thursday, September 12th, 2024 4:48 PM

Temporarily blacklisted IP Address

I cannot reliably access my Comcast email via Gmail.  When I go to Gmail Settings/Accounts and Import/Check Mail from other accounts, I get a message:       

Authentication error. Mail from this account has not been retrieved since <time stamp> 

When I look at the details for this I see:

Authentication error.
Server returned error "[AUTH] Temporarily blacklisted IP Address - try again later"

This problem occurs intermittently.

Any idea how to fix this problem?

Expert

• 

30.8K Messages

5 days ago

@user_wcbl78 

I cannot reliably access my Comcast email via Gmail.  When I go to Gmail Settings/Accounts and Import/Check Mail from other accounts, I get a message:       

Authentication error. Mail from this account has not been retrieved since <time stamp> 

When I look at the details for this I see:

Authentication error.
Server returned error "[AUTH] Temporarily blacklisted IP Address - try again later"

This problem occurs intermittently.

Any idea how to fix this problem?

Have you tried logging in to https://connect.xifinity.com/appsuite  to check  your email?

2 Messages

I know how to log into my Comcast account to read email and sometimes do.  But much prefer to use gmail as my mail client.

1 Message

same issue here. login to xfinity works. gmail server seems to be blacklisted by comcast

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

Hello user_wcbl78  Is the error you're showing that the Comcast SMTP is being blocked, or vice versa? This would dictate how we address this. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

1 Message

The error message is precisely this:  "[AUTH] Temporarily blacklisted IP Address - try again later" Other than authorization it happens when doing pop from Gmail for everyone that is complaining. It errors about every four times to one success. So, good luck with an intermittent problem. It may just be doing a pop protocol update on your email servers.  

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here