U

Thursday, November 9th, 2023 10:35 PM

Closed

Email not syncing on my Samsung phone

My email has not synced on my Samsung phone since Nov 7th.  Is this issue still being looked into?

Official Employee

• 

2.3K Messages

11 months ago

Thank you for reaching out through Xfinity Forums @user_idtm9f. Our team of engineers and experts are aware of this issue, and working to resolve it as quickly as possible. Apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused. In the meantime, we recommend accessing your Xfinity Email from the Xfinity Email website.

1 Message

Almost three days later and your team of engineers still has not resolved this issue. Why are we paying xfinity for a service that does not work?

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Good evening @user_2w4p6e, we apologize for any inconvenience caused by this issue and understand your frustrations. Our engineering team is continuing to work on a permanent resolution as quickly as possible but in the meantime they have come up with some temporary solutions. 

You can use the comcast.net website or follow the steps below on your Samsung phone:

Please delete your email account on Android using the steps below:

1. Open your Email app. If you are having trouble finding it, swipe upward from your Home screen, then tap inside the search bar and type "Email."

2. If prompted, enter your login information. If this happens, you may stop here as the issue should be clear now. If you are not prompted for your password, continue.

3. Once you can view your Inbox, tap on the three horizontal lines in the upper left corner of the screen to open a menu.

4. Tap on the icon resembling a gear, located in the upper right corner of the menu.

5. The email accounts associated with your Email app will appear at the top of the Accounts list. Tap on the email account you wish to remove.

6. Tap "Remove," located in the upper right corner of the screen.

7. Tap "Remove" in the pop-up window to confirm that you want to remove the account.

8. Your customer may now recreate the email account using the normal methods.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

4 Messages

How is this a temporary solution possible?

I have a Samsung S23+ and have Samsung email app running. I have two (2) comcast emails setup on that phone. Only 1 of the 2 emails are not syncing. This does not make sense. Logically both accounts should not sync, yet 1 is without any issues. 

Is anyone reading this who can resolve this issue!! We are in the year 2023 and cannot believe this can take 4 days to resolve. But wait, this happened back in August and again in November. Hello?  And by the way......why would I remove the email and set it up again when 1 of 2 are working?  This is obviously a Comcast issue - again.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

@XfinityJeniece​ please give us an update on this issue.  It now has been 3 days and still no update from your company. 

Official Employee

• 

3.7K Messages

@thumpermal, our engineers are still working hard to fix this across the board for everyone experiencing the issue. We do not have any updates or expected resolution time just yet. We appreciate your continued patience while we work to get this resolved as soon as possible. Our apologies for any inconvenience or frustration caused. As a temporary solution please continue to use our website.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

1 Message

11 months ago

The syncing was working until I turned off my phone.  When it came back up it did not sync anymore.  Could an update of some sort have caused this?  It also does not let me enter the password to get into my email on my phone.  It used to show my user name and password to sync coded.  I have wasted hours trying to figure this out.  It would have been nice to know that there was an error on your end.  Please keep us posted.

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

@user_nr7lqq, Thank you for reaching out to Xfinity Support. We are aware of the issue and are working on a resolution. We appreciate your patience. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

11 months ago

Same here. There were Comcast internet outages all day. I get email on my computer but not on Samsung S23 cell  phone. Please let us know server settings for incoming and outgoing email so we can reset.

Official Employee

• 

944 Messages

Hello there @llshearm ! We are still working on a fix for this issue, but you can find our email server settings here : https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/email-client-programs-with-xfinity-email

One other thing to point out is that you can also access your email on our site here 
: https://connect.xfinity.com/appsuite while this situation gets ironed out. Thanks!

3 Messages

11 months ago

PLEASE HELP. I can't synch comcast emails with the Samsung email app since the security patch. Hundreds of people are reporting this problem. Samsung is not responding to my emails. My comcast email that I have used for probably 20+ years in the Samsung email app suddenly stopped synching on 11/7/23. Samsung issued a security patch (enhance certificate validation) when it stopped working. I'm guessing Comcast now has to do something to accomodate that Samsung update. I cleared my cache, uninstalled and reinstalled the app, checked my os version, checked for app updates (play store and galaxy store), and restarted my phone. It's still not working. I get a message that my comcast email cannot be validated. Is this going to be escalated and fixed? 

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

@user_u120hb, Thank you for reaching out to Xfinity Support. We are aware of the issue and are working on a resolution as quickly as possible.

3 Messages

11 months ago

PLEASE HELP. I can't synch comcast emails since the security patch (enhance certificate validation). My comcast email that I have used for yrs in this app suddenly stopped synching. I cleared my cache, uninstalled and reinstalled the app, checked my os version, checked for app updates (play store and galaxy store), and restarted my phone. It's still not working. I get a message that my comcast email cannot be authenticated. I'm guessing Comcast has to do something in response to the Samsung patch. Is this going to be escalated and fixed?

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

11 months ago

Maybe the engineers could just restore a backup and put it back to where it worked before?  To be honest the only reason I still have comcast internet is my widespread use of comcast email accounts.  If they are no longer reliable and need to be changed to something that is, I have no reason to pay the comcast price.  Several competitors in my area look mighty attractive right about now...

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Thank you for reaching out to us @Brakechute! This morning we implemented a fix for customers who may be experiencing issues accessing or sending / receiving their Xfinity email on Samsung Galaxy devices through the Android OS Email app. However, the fix does require users to reauthenticate their Xfinity Email account—which requires that the account be deleted from the Email app and then added it back. We appreciate your patience as we worked to identify the issue and understand this fix may be frustrating. We apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for being an Xfinity customer.

To delete you Xfinity Email account, please:

Open the Email app on your Samsung device. If you cannot find the app, swipe upward on your Home screen, then search for "email."

Enter your login information, if prompted. Note: If this happens, you may stop here; the issue should be clear now. If not, continue on.

Tap on the hamburger menu (the three horizontal lines) in the upper left corner of the screen.

Tap on the gear icon (Settings) in the upper right corner.

Tap on the Xfinity Email account. The email accounts will appear at the top of the Accounts list.

Tap "Remove" located in the upper right corner.

Tap "Remove" in the pop-up window to confirm that you want to remove your Xfinity Email account.

The email account should no longer appear in the Email app. At this point, you may be automatically prompted to Set up email.

If you’re prompted to Set up email, please:

Choose “Other”.

Type in your Xfinity Email address and password.

Follow the prompts to authenticate through Xfinity.

You can also find instructions on adding email accounts at Samsung.com.

New Poster

• 

14 Messages

11 months ago

Ok Comcast.  What gives?  We have been having continual outages with our emails.  About a week ago, we were down on my PC as well as my husbands, and my phone.  No send or receive.   Finally receive came back up.  Then later send.  Since then, periodically and including right now, we have been getting temporary server unavailability messages or incorrect settings, so are unable to send.  My phone email hasn't worked since the problems started a week or so ago.  I deleted my email account on my phone and am trying to set it up again.  However I continue to get "couldn't verify account, server does not support authentication."  However my password line shows "authenticated" and I've received a text code for verification.  What gives?  Please advise how to address my phone email and why email on our PCs continues to fail sporadically.  

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Hey there, susanVL! To confirm, are you following the instructions outlined in our Official Solution, here, and still unable to set up your email at this time?

New Poster

• 

14 Messages

As stated above, I can't follow your instructions because I've already removed my email account from my phone and am trying to set it up again.  It is still giving me the "couldn't verify account" message.  Also, my email on my PC has not been able to send all day, as stated above.  Both issues still a problem now.

Official Employee

• 

510 Messages

Thank you for the clarification. You mentioned having issues on your PC, were you using a third party app like Outlook or were you logging into your email via the XFINITY website? 

New Poster

• 

14 Messages

User RobM117 has been posting on this subject.  He suggested clearing the cache in the Samsung mail app.  I did that and was able to reset up my comcast email account on my Samsung S22.  Still not sure why my comcast account on my computer is not sending.  This has been broken all day and has been an intermittent problem for several weeks now.

New Poster

• 

14 Messages

And now my email account on my PC is working again.  Is this a traffic issue with Comcast during the day?  It seems to clear up in the evenings and go out around 10 in the morning...

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

8 months ago

Hello, 

Has Xfinity figured out a fix for this issue?  I have an Android, Pixel 8 Pro and use Outlook through a VPN for work emails on my phone. For the last several months, my work email account will intermittently fail to sync or send emails when I am connected to my home internet.  It works fine when connected to cellular data and on other WiFi networks.  Sometimes it works at home, but most of the time I have to disconnect from WiFi and connect to cellular to prompt email to send or sync. 

My work IT department has spent quite some time trying to identify the issue and have concluded that it is an Xfinity/Verizon issue.  Please advise if there is a fix as this is a very serious service issue. 

Many thanks, 

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Hey @JSanders3608,

Thank you for visiting our official Xfinity Community Forums support page. Thank you for sharing your experience with us regarding your third-party email. What troubleshooting steps have you tried to perform? Have you attempted to power cycle the modem by unplugging the device for 20-30 seconds and plug the device back in? Are you able to access your email successfully by visiting the online web portal versus using an application? Please let us know what steps you have performed so we may best assist. 

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

8 months ago

Yes, I have rebooted the modem multiple times.  I tried replacing the modem, also.

I have not tried accessing work emails through a browser on my phone.  But I have not had any issues with browsing otherwise.  My work email on my laptop likewise works fine.  It is only the Outlook phone app through my work VPN, in the home WiFi that has problems. 

Note that the issue is maddeningly intermittent.  Sometimes it works fine.  

Official Employee

• 

775 Messages

Thank you so much for sharing those details with us @JSanders3608! Have you attempted to delete/remove the email address from the Android App and add it back? That from time to time can sync everything back up and help work out any bugs. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

8 months ago

My Comcast email stopped syncing with my Galaxy s 23 + on February 3, 2024. 

14 days later still cannot receive emails on my phone.

I would greatly appreciate to hear from anyone about how to fix the problem.

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

HI there @georgefuz!  Thanks so much for taking the time to reach out to Xfinity Support here on our Community Forum.  We are most certainly glad to hear from you and want to help in any way that we can.  Can you tell us what happens when you tryto access your email on your device?

2 Messages

6 months ago

Well ... I am having the same issue on my brand new (late February 2024) Samsung S24 and my Comcast/Xfinity emails stopped syncing regardless of whether I am using Microsoft Outlook, Google's Gmail, or Samsung's Email.  I cannot connect any of those email apps to Comcast because the server connection keeps timing out.  Still a problem as of end-of-March 2024. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here