S

27 Messages

Saturday, June 15th, 2024 10:11 PM

Email from Gmail

Comcast.net seems to be blocking Gmail addresses. 

I sent messages to my 2 comcast.net email addresses. If I send from Yahoo, or between the 2 addresses, they work. If I send from my Gmail mail accounts to comcast.net accounts,  I get a immediate error message back to the Gmail account 

"The response from the remote server was:

530 5.1.0 sender rejected"

Hope this is a temporary glitch. Never had trouble before

Visitor

• 

1 Message

15 days ago

I have noted the same issue today. When I send an email from my gmail account to my comcast email, I get an email to my gmail account saying that my message has been blocked:

Message blocked

Your message to [Edited: "Personal Information"] has been blocked. See technical details below for more information.
The response from the remote server was:

530 5.1.0 sender rejected

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

612 Messages

user_33f1a4 thank you for using the Community Forums to reach out today. Have you already touched base with our Customer Security Assurance (CSA) team regarding this issue?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

1 Message

15 days ago

Having the same issue. Mail from Yahoo!, AOL, and Outlook gets through, but Gmail is blocked. The error code starts with 530, but searching only yields error codes starting with 550. Very frustrating.

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

Last week no comcast mail was received by my iPhone mail client. I was told many had this issue and it was fixed in a day or 2. I assume that this is also a system wide failure at Comcast and will also be fixed by Monday. Mail is received at the Gmail Internet site.

Official Employee

• 

961 Messages

Hi @ChasVA Thank you for reaching out on the Xfinity Community Forums. Are you still seeing an issue with Gmail?

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

2 Messages

15 days ago

Likewise for me and wife, from my Gmail account and that of one of our friends.

1 Message

15 days ago

WOW. Somebody seems to have [Edited: "Language"] up bad. REALLY REALLY REALLY ANNOYING. NO email from my wife or any friends using gmail. These people are apparently [Edited: "Inflammatory"]!!!!!!

UNBLOCK GMAIL NOW for the love of GOD!!!!!!!!! Seriously!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Thanks for reaching out, user_5j9u53! Have you already checked your filters to make sure Gmail emails aren't blocked?

1 Message

Yes, I checked my filters - there are no blocks and I'm not receiving Gmails.

Official Employee

• 

750 Messages

@user_mxsjk4, are you still experiencing a problem at this time? 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

15 days ago

Same problem here.  C’mon Comcast!  

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Started at 5:43 EST….

Visitor

• 

1 Message

I'm experiencing the same problem - Comcast is blocking any email coming from Gmail. Hopefully the block will be lifted soon.

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

I spent a total of 4 hours over 2 days on the phone with comcast because I was receiving no mail at my comcast email addresses. None of all the reps with whom I spoke knew it was a system wide issue until the last one. Most said it had to be an Apple problem or a Verizon (my ISP) problem. Finally, the last representative with whom I spoke escalated the issue and it was fix immediately! Hopefully, you are not an ER doc and your mail can wait. 

27 Messages

@Zanghia​ so typical of Comcast now Xfinity support for years and years. Sad that the left hand doesn't communicate with the right hand.

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

@TomFromNH Thanks for meeting us here about the trouble with your email. We are happy to help if you are still experiencing the blocked emails, please find the best board to author your question or concern, and post your question publicly. This will open a ticket in our system for us to assist. We look forward to your post.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

15 days ago

Having the same problem.  Emails from gmail to comcast are blocked.  Email from other email apps (yahoo, etc) come through OK.  Blocked response back to gmail is  "530 5.1.0 sender rejected"

1 Message

15 days ago

Same here. Come on, Xfinity, get it fixed!

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

user_hgxewe Is this only happening with a specific third-party email client (Outlook, AppleMail)? Or are you experiencing the same issue when sending emails from our Xfinity website? 

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

15 days ago

I'm having the same issue. I spent the last hour with Comcast support, and they upgraded me to Level 2. It seems like it's a Gmail issue, not a Comcast issue.

1 Message

@Jrazz6​ What do you mean upgraded to Level 2?

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

I was with Live Chat and they were only able to "resync" something.  Now my issue has ben escalated to Tier 2 support.  

However, there us even more "noise" on the Gmail help site:

https://support.google.com/mail/thread/6074078/my-friend-at-comcast-net-does-not-receive-my-gmail-but-does-receive-my-centurylink-emails-why?hl=en

DM000001 :: Mail to Comcast is rejected and is returned with an error message containing the code DM000001. What does this mean?

This message has been rejected by the Comcast mail servers due to the sending domain's published DMARC policy. The sending domain has published a DMARC reject policy and this message has not passed either DKIM or SPF authentication for the domain. For more information on DMARC, visit DMARC.org.

(edited)

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

15 days ago

Same problem here, email from gmail to comcast is getting blocked:

530 5.1.0 sender rejected

3 Messages

This is what I’m getting too.

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Good afternoon @CT6502, and happy Monday. Thank you for reaching out on our Community Forums with your email issues, rest assured you've reached the right team to help. Are you still receiving an error when sending emails from Gmail to comcast? How long has this issue been happening? Are you using a third party client server such as Outlook?

Official Employee

• 

961 Messages

@user_03kgzk Thank you for reaching out on the Xfinity Community Forums. We are sorry to hear you are having email issues.  Are you still seeing an issue with Gmail?

Visitor

• 

1 Message

15 days ago

Same problem here: error 530 5.1.0 sender rejected. Apparently only from GMail accounts. Seems to have started around 6:00 pm today, so maybe the Comcast techs can check what they screwed up around that time. Is it any wonder why it's known as [Edited: "Inflammatory"].

(edited)

1 Message

well, it looks like comcast is playing games again. i tried the online help... useless but i think it did point in the right direction. a LONG time ago i had gmail listed as my personal email address... always hated that. so i changed it to a disposable email that i have. when i was going thru the help(?) process this address kept showing up. so i changed it back to my gmail addy. working now. there should also be some way to "white list" the offending email addy.

3 Messages

15 days ago

Me too! Blocking all gmail.

1 Message

15 days ago

I am experiencing the same issue.  I doubt it's a Gmail/Google issue as I can send emails to other domains without an issue.  The only emails blocked are to Comcast.net accounts.  

1 Message

Thanks for sharing this. Hope it gets fixed soon. Already had three people contact me asking what is going on. Not cool. Do I contact comcast or hope they fix it soon?

Visitor

• 

1 Message

15 days ago

Also having the problem with blocked emails from gmail.  Another forum seems to think its a google problem, not a comcast problem.  Hope it gets fixed soon!

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

Hey @Kathysp,

Thank you for visiting our official Xfinity Forums Community support page. We appreciate you sharing your experience with us. I reviewed a few things and am not showing any known issue with the Xfinity Email service or features. Are you still experincing sending an email to an Xfinity user? Please let us know at your next available convenience. 

(edited)

1 Message

15 days ago

Same problem here. I can send to gmail from Comcast address but cannot receive from gmail. Ridiculous.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

15 days ago

I was just contacted by Comcast Tier 2 support, stating they fixed the problem.  I confirmed it across two different accounts.  Comcast is now receiving emails from Gmail.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

I also confirm that email from gmail is being received in comcast account.  Thank you for working with support to get it fixed in a timely manner.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here