R2017's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

28 Messages

Thursday, June 8th, 2023 4:26 AM

Closed

Storm ready wifi

Hello, how and when storm ready wifi will be available for my account and does it cost extra?

Problem Solver

• 

909 Messages

1 year ago

Hello, and thank you for reaching out about our exciting Storm Ready Wi-Fi. 

Storm-Ready WiFi is currently available to select Xfinity Rewards Diamond customers as part of an early access preview. National availability coming July 2023.

EPON Fiber-to-the-Unit customers are excluded. For more information, please visit here.

Frequent Visitor

• 

10 Messages

@XfinityStephanieK

I redeemed my offer on May 30 and got a confirmation email saying it could take up to 10 days to ship. Today is 2 weeks and still haven't heard anything. 

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

@stringos Thank you for bringing this to our attention, and reaching out to our Community Forums Team. I would be happy to take a look into your order, and get you in the right direction. To begin, can you please send a DM with your full name, and service address? 

• Click "Sign In" if necessary
  • Click the "Direct Messaging" icon at the top of the page (looks like a text bubble)
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send it

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

@XfinityStephanieK​  Same situation here - I redeemed my offer on June 5 and got a confirmation email saying it could take up to 10 days to ship. It is past 10 business days and still haven't heard received any e-mail indicating it has shipped.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Hi, there. Thank you for reaching our team on Forums. We can certainly look into this for you. Please send a direct message with your full name and address.

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:
• Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
• Press Enter to send your message

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

1 year ago

I received my storm ready wifi device.  Cannot activate per instructions.  Called customer service, they cannot, advised to have retail store scan device into network   They could not either.  Is this device ready yet?

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

Thank you for reaching out to us here @bobby963. I would be happy to take a look at that new device for youfrom here. Could you send me a direct message with the full name and complete address for your service? 

To send a direct message [private message]:

Click the "Direct Message" icon or  https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there.

- As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list.

- An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

Has anyone ever had luck with connecting to Xfinity Support and resolving the storm ready activation issue?  I have not since posting.

Official Employee

• 

244 Messages

I've got your DM, I'll continue working with you there!

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

1 year ago

Hello, I am in the same boat as the others on this thread. I received the storm-ready wifi device as part of the early access period for diamond reward members. However, I have been unsuccessful with activating the device. I would be grateful for any assistance.

Official Employee

• 

772 Messages

Hey there!  @UnfairCompetition

I'd love to help get your storm-ready wifi working. Please DM with your full name and address as they appear on your account. 

To send a direct message [private message]:

Click the "Direct Message" icon or  https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging

The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there.

- As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list.

- An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.

Press Enter to send it

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

@XfinitySheila​ How about sharing it with everyone. I am a network engineer and by all indications this product has been released prematurely. Even after I got it activated on the fifth or sixth attempt by manually writing in the serial number it immediately thought the network was down and took over (solid white bar). When Comcast phone support was unable to do anything on their end I had to return the unit to my local store and they ordered a replacement (has not arrived yet). Additionally the Xfinity app shows the "Storm-Ready device needs attention" even though it was returned 3 days ago.

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

@JM03062  

Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address? Our team can most definitely take a further look at this issue.

To send a "Direct Message" to Xfinity Support:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

Click the "Direct Messaging" icon or https://comca.st/3EqVMu7

The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there

- As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list

- An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

Press Enter to send it

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

I received my storm ready device.  I cannot get it activated either.  When I call or chat for support they have no idea what I am talking about and keep asking about issues with my modem. 

Official Employee

• 

991 Messages

Hello @ksenkler Thank you for sharing and for sending a direct message. I will connect with you there to help out with the device activation, and we can reply here once we have it figured out.
For future reference, please keep in mind that sending unsolicited direct messages, is a violation of Forum Guidelines, but we can definitely take care of this for you from here. It just helps other members of the community with similar issues to find the answers they need.

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

1 year ago

I am having issues too. When device is ON, near by devices can’t get internet and also xfinity app shows that storm wifi needs attention.

troubleshooting fails to connect to device

i can’t even reset or remove from account to try again

Official Employee

• 

836 Messages

Hello @Lionking20 have you gone over our troubleshooting steps for Storm Ready Wi-Fi ? If the option to reset via the app is unavailable, have you attempted a soft reset on the device itself by power cycling? 

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

@XfinityAlfonso​ yes i tried everything from toubleshooting steps to resetting by pressing reset button on the device

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Thanks for getting back to us, @Lionking20. Did you try moving the device? Close to an elevated position near a window. Is "troubleshooting fails to connect to device" the error message you get with the storm Wi-Fi needing attention notice on the app? 

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

yes I tried that and yes troubleshooting fails to connect to device

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

@Lionking20 We apologize for the continued issues. We will have to take a closer look to troubleshoot your equipment. Please send us a Direct Message with your name and complete service address. We look forward to your reply.

To start a Direct Message: Click "Sign in" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message" icon (upper right corner of this page)

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list

• Press Enter to send your message.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

1 year ago

I contacted Xfinity to order storm ready WiFi. They did not knew what it was. After a lot of chats and phone discussions I was getting different answers from different reps. Eventually one rep told me it’s not available to me, even though I qualify.

So far no luck in ordering and still

waiting to know when I can order one. 
it seems they did lot of marketing about this but are not ready to roll out to everyone

This comment has been converted into a post

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

11 months ago

Good day! I successfully added the Storm-Ready WiFi to my network and the initial testing was good.  However, Xfinity, sent an engineer to my home the next day to upgrade my main Modem. The engineer did NOT remove the Storm-Ready WiFi from my account before doing the upgrade, as the instructions indicate is the process.  Now my Storm-Ready device will not allow LTE or the Backup Battery to be active. The option to remove the Storm-Ready WiFi from my account via the Xfinity app is no longer available, and Xfinity has not been able to determine how they can remove the Storm-Ready WiFi from their end.  The Storm-Ready WiFi will not let me reactivate until it has first been removed.  Please help!

Thanks

This comment has been converted into a post

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Hello, @user_300aeb. Thank you for reaching out. You should have the ability to remove the Storm-Ready WiFi device in the Xfinity App.

Follow the steps below, this process will delete Storm-Ready WiFi from your network device list and erase its history from your home network.

After the Storm-Ready WiFi device has been removed, it can be reactivated on the same account or activated on another eligible Xfinity Internet account using the Xfinity app.

To remove Storm-Ready WiFi:

Sign in to the Xfinity app with your Xfinity ID and password.
Go to the WiFi tab.
Select View WiFi Equipment.
Select Storm-Ready WiFi.
Scroll down, and select Device details.
Scroll down, and select the Remove Storm-Ready WiFi button.

When prompted, select Remove.

Please let us know if you are still unable to remove the Storm-Ready WiFi after taking the above steps. 

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

The "Remove Storm-Ready Wifi" button is not available for me to select. 

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Is your new cable modem currently plugged in providing the Internet service? Could you please unplug the device, close the Xfinity App, and reopen the app while the modem is disconnected to see if the device is listed for removal? Please keep the Storm-Ready WiFi device plugged in the entire time while the cable modem is unplugged. Please give this a try and provide us an update at your next available convenience. 

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

Gave it a try. It did not work. I was not given the option to Remove the Storm-Ready Wifi.

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Has it been over 24 hours since the appointment visit? If the device is unable to be removed after 24 hours of the appointment, the next step may be to call our main support line at 1-800-XFINITY to submit information regarding your Storm-Ready WiFi Device. It is recommended to have the device unplugged until a member of our higher tier fix agency reaches out. 

2 Messages

11 months ago

I got an email in June with an offer of Storm-Ready WiFi as a gift through the Xfinity Rewards program HOWEVER the "click here" response option didn't work. I searched the Rewards program for several days and could not find it. I finally initiated a telephone call from an Xfinity associate who could not find anything about the Storm-Ready reward and said I should check back in July. I did check back repeatedly in the Rewards page in July, August & September but it never did show up.

Any idea if the Storm-Ready WiFi is ever going to be a part of the Xfinity Rewards program?

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Hey there @user_9b3533! I have no idea when it will be available in the rewards program. Rewards come and go, so you just have to be on the lookout. 

2 Messages

Uhhh ok. Thanks? Will "be on the lookout" ...

Official Employee

• 

2.2K Messages

Great! Is there anything additional I may assist you with at this time?

Contributor

• 

20 Messages

10 months ago

I have been seeing commercials about storm-ready WiFi and searched here to find out more.  Now I see it was available earlier this year as a reward?  Why did it never show up for me?  Diamond Level.

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Hello @redcon1 Thank you for your interest in Storm Ready Wi-Fi. At the time of the reward you may have been in an area where this was not available yet. However, you can now order through different channels and platforms including xfinity.com or here as well. Here is our Storm Ready WiFi FAQ to learn more about this excellent new service! 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here