U

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

Tuesday, August 29th, 2023 12:08 AM

Closed

Remove Storm- Ready Wi-Fi

Good day! I successfully added the Storm-Ready WiFi to my network and the initial testing was good.  However, Xfinity, sent an engineer to my home the next day to upgrade my main Modem. The engineer did NOT remove the Storm-Ready WiFi from my account before doing the upgrade, as the instructions indicate is the process.  Now my Storm-Ready device will not allow LTE or the Backup Battery to be active. The option to remove the Storm-Ready WiFi from my account via the Xfinity app is no longer available, and Xfinity has not been able to determine how they can remove the Storm-Ready WiFi from their end.  The Storm-Ready WiFi will not let me reactivate until it has first been removed.  Please help!

Thanks

This post was created from this comment on different post

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

11 months ago

Hello, @user_300aeb. Thank you for reaching out. You should have the ability to remove the Storm-Ready WiFi device in the Xfinity App.

Follow the steps below, this process will delete Storm-Ready WiFi from your network device list and erase its history from your home network.

After the Storm-Ready WiFi device has been removed, it can be reactivated on the same account or activated on another eligible Xfinity Internet account using the Xfinity app.

To remove Storm-Ready WiFi:

Sign in to the Xfinity app with your Xfinity ID and password.
Go to the WiFi tab.
Select View WiFi Equipment.
Select Storm-Ready WiFi.
Scroll down, and select Device details.
Scroll down, and select the Remove Storm-Ready WiFi button.

When prompted, select Remove.

Please let us know if you are still unable to remove the Storm-Ready WiFi after taking the above steps. 

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

11 months ago

The "Remove Storm-Ready Wifi" button is not available for me to select. 

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

11 months ago

Is your new cable modem currently plugged in providing the Internet service? Could you please unplug the device, close the Xfinity App, and reopen the app while the modem is disconnected to see if the device is listed for removal? Please keep the Storm-Ready WiFi device plugged in the entire time while the cable modem is unplugged. Please give this a try and provide us an update at your next available convenience. 

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

11 months ago

Gave it a try. It did not work. I was not given the option to Remove the Storm-Ready Wifi.

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

11 months ago

Has it been over 24 hours since the appointment visit? If the device is unable to be removed after 24 hours of the appointment, the next step may be to call our main support line at 1-800-XFINITY to submit information regarding your Storm-Ready WiFi Device. It is recommended to have the device unplugged until a member of our higher tier fix agency reaches out. 

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

11 months ago

It has been 24 hours since the initial visit. I have called the support line several times and in most cases they are not even sure what the Storm-Ready WiFi is. How can I contact higher-tier support?

Thanks

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

11 months ago

It has been over 24 hours. I have contacted your main support at least 5 times. In most of cases, the support staff didn't know much about the Storm-Ready WiFi or how it works.  How do I get in touch with your higher-tier support?

Thanks

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Thank you, @user_300aeb for letting us know the additional steps you have tried in removing the Storm-Ready Wi-Fi system. Please send us a direct message, so we can assist you. We may need to submit a ticket to our engineering team for you. Please include your name, and service address in your direct message. Thank you! 

To send a "Direct Message" message:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message" icon

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send it

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

1 Message

I have the exact same issue, the remove button is not there. Updating the app and a multitude of restarts fails to remedy. Where is the remove button??

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Good afternoon @user_51cb3b and thank you for reaching out on our Community Forums regarding your issues removing your storm ready device. We're sorry to hear that you are running into this problem as well. To better assist, can you please send us a direct message with your first and last name as well as the service address on the account, as we may need to submit a ticket to our engineering team for you. Thank you! 

To send a "Direct Message" message:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message" icon

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send it

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

I am having the EXACT SAME ISSUE!!! Please help! I've been chatting and speaking with a live agent for 5 hours tonight just trying to get this device removed from my account so I can activate the new one (the old one "activated" but never got online, I was told it was defective at the store and they gave me a new one). I cannot activate the new one.

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Thanks for reaching out, @LaMarin. Have you tried using the Xfinity app, and the steps posted above to remove the defective Storm-Ready WiFi unit?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here