U

Wednesday, July 10th, 2024 5:43 PM

Internet outages starting after hurricane passed

Power was restored for my location at 9am on 7/9/24 after Hurricane Beryl. Xfinity Internet was available immediately and had no issues until around 9pm on 7/9/24 when internet service went out. The Xfinity outage map confirms an outage but provides no useful details (no ETA, no info on how many customers are affected by outage). Xfinity app also shows the outage with ETA as "as soon as possible" but hasn't changed since yesterday. Additionally, the Xfinity app states the outage was first reported on 7/8/24 at 04:20am - however, the outage did not start until 7/9/24 at 9pm. I am signed up for text alerts but have received none during or after the storm.

Why would Xfinity service fail almost 36 hours after the hurricane passed? Why are the outage details in the app/status page incomplete or incorrect?

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

3 months ago

Hi @user_d8w8hb I'm glad to know you guys are safe after the storms. Our apologies for the inconvenience this has caused you with the service being down. The app and our text alerts work the same way, it sends one notification when the issue is detected and another one when the connection has been restored. I am happy to review your account as well. Please send us a direct message. Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:
• Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send your message

2 Messages

@XfinityKei​ why is the internet out for 77079?  No power outage but internet is out for five days now.  I have neighbors with internet restored in two days.  Please reach out as soon as possible.  This is unacceptable

2 Messages

@XfinityKei​ the options you provided do not work.  There is no pencil icon.  

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

@user_8998m2 thanks for your comments and reaching out about your service. For getting proper help and to follow our community guidelines we do request for you to start your own public post. Once you have your own post proper tracking and assistance will be provided. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

3 Messages

@XfinityKei​ 

can you help me find out why i still have internet outage. Its been over a week since i have power back and no internet. Every person i talked to given me false information and false eta. No service trucks in sight. 

Official Employee

• 

541 Messages

@user_lp5aym We do not have updates for specific areas as the interruption information is being provided to frontline representatives through the similar systems our customers have access to in the Xfinity app, our support page, and the Hurricane Beryl alerts page. According to the latest update they anticipate full network restoration by the end of day Friday. It mentions there some exceptions with potentially longer delays for areas with extensive damage. I wish we had more information to share. 

Please also note that sending unsolicited peer to peer direct messages to myself or any other user is a direct violation of our forum guidelines. You must first create a Public post requesting assistance, and once a Comcast verified employee responds and asks for a direct message to be sent, you can then proceed with doing so.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 months ago

Mine went out around the same time on 7/8 as well. It never returned when the power came back on :(

12 Messages

2 months ago

My internet service has also been down for the past few days, even after power has been restored. It doesn't make sense. A neighbor in a townhome complex across the street from me has had their Xfinity service restored at 8 am today. No word from Comcast except for AI texts and press releases with no real info.

1 Message

2 months ago

Same for me. Had WiFi all through the storm. Then randomly went out after everything passed. It has said “as soon as possible” since the outage was detected. I would love an actual update. 

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

user_i116m6 Our local teams in Texas are working as safe, and fast as possible to have services restored that have been impacted by the recent weather event. You can check the Xfinity app for the latest updates, or the Comcast Texas site

1 Message

2 months ago

Yea, I am pretty frustrated with the lack of communication with my downed internet as well

1 Message

2 months ago

You guys at Xfinity should be ashamed for telling such lies. The public can tolerate only so much [Edited: Language] before it turns on you. Beware, once that happens, you lose all credibility.

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

889 Messages

@user_w69ktk We appreciate your feedback. Power interruptions can affect your service even if your home has power. Our crews are checking our network and repairing damage when safe to do so. For any issues related to power, we have to wait until we get the all clear to proceed.

1 Message

2 months ago

I think its a good time to go back to ATT. Garbage company I tolerated the wifi always malfunctioning so many times all these connection issues, terrible consistency using the 5ghz connection. You want me to be punctual paying 100$ monthly yet you can’t be punctual on fixing a [Edit: Language] outage and I bet y’all will still charge me the same [Edit: Language] amount of money even though there was a outage. This company has 0 shame

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Hey @user_wx93az, Thank you for visiting our official Xfinity Forums Community support page. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience regarding the Xfinity services. I would be more than happy to offer my assistance looking into this further for you.

Are you currently experiencing issues that we are able to assist in troubleshooting? If you have our Xfinity App, you can view if there are any current service interruption, use the Xfinity Assistant to troubleshoot and schedule a tech, or view the status of your services.

4 Messages

2 months ago

Yeah I think I’m going to change my Internet provider because this is ridiculous that I’m still sitting here without in any Internet service and my power has been on for 3 days. In my area, it’s safe so there is no excuse as to why Xfinity can’t get the service back on. My zip code is 77088. I work from home and I’m losing money behind them not doing their job. As a single parent, I can’t afford to have a short paycheck. I need Xfinity to provide service today so I can sign in to my job and work. Please get a crew out here. 

(edited)

3 Messages

Same issue here. I received texts for several days stating it would be restored by 7/15  at 6:15 pm and now they don't give a date.  Only say when it's safe.  I'm not sure how much safer it can be.  Electricity restored a week ago.

3 Messages

2 months ago

Same issue in area code 77471.  TV and Internet Services have been down for days.  Power was out for about 8 hours during and after the storm.  Comcast/Xfinity is providing only canned AI responses to inquiries.  The Outage map is useless.  Some information and transparency would be very helpful.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 months ago

Power was restored in our of 77095 zip code on 7/9 at approximately 6:00 pm but Xfinity services still down as of 10:30 am on 7/11.  Xfinity communications are horrible at best and their Outage map is useless when it just says

Est. Time of Restoration: as soon as possible
I cannot wait for fiber to be installed in our neighborhood so that I can dump this horrible company. 

Official Employee

• 

2K Messages

user_009a5c 

Hi there! Our awesome digital care team would be happy to assist you. Can you initiate a direct message and start with your full name and address? To start a direct message, you must be signed in. Please click the "Direct Messaging" icon in the top right of the page next to the bell, and send your message to "Xfinity Support". Talk to you there!

3 Messages

2 months ago

Internet still down for 4 days. I am not able to work and Xfinity is not giving real estimation on when it will be fixed. This is totally ridiculous and unacceptable. 

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

user_aw5epx Please know that getting everyone back connected is always paramount. The safety of our crews is something that is always number one, we are not able to dispatch any teams until there has been an all clear on power related repairs to begin our work. Unfortunately, as of now, we do not have an update for you. Hurricanes are an extremely tough situation to recover from, to be fully transparent, I do not expect to see much movement on repairs for another 48 hours based on the scope of reported damage.

Regardless or residential power, commercial power is typically the last to come back, which is the source of the power for residential service. The top priority for recovery teams after a hurricane is always establishing everyone back with power first.

3 Messages

If there will be no movement for at least 48 hours why doesn’t Xfinity put that in writing so people can make informed choices?  Sending a text that says you  are working on it asap is not realistic in managing expectations.  Unbelievable. I would have left town if I know it was this long. 

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

user_aw5epx I am extremely sorry for any confusion. Our team is based out of our corporate headquarters and highly value your confidence in our support and service. I have personally assisted for many hurricane recoveries in Texas and Florida, so I am only basing these estimates on experience from prior Hurricanes and the obstacles we faced during those. Hurricane Harvey back in 2017 was extremely hard for the power companies, and from what I am seeing, Hurricane Beryl appears to have done far more damage than Hurricane Harvey to cities infrastructure. 

1 Message

2 months ago

Day 4 of this outage and all I may be eligible for is $5!!! Count your days Xfinity, after more than 17 years of loyalty I am DONE!!! 

3 Messages

Oh cool let’s wait in line for that. Ridiculous. 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Good lord! 4 days...out since Monday morning for us....same issue as everyone else above. I'm livid. I'm switching to someone else after this is over! 

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

We appreciate Everyone's patience as our local Texas team continues to work toward restoring services to the area. You can find the latest updates here: https://texas.comcast.com/alerts/

10 Messages

2 months ago

I was very fortunate. I did not lose power during the Hurricane. I think whoever fixed our power after the terrible storm in Spring Branch back in May, I never lost power during the hurricane. I had Internet until about 12:30 PM on Monday, July 8, 2024. It never came back on.  I was told by  Xfinity it’ll be out for another 3 to 7 days. That is absolutely ridiculous. Their customer service with Xfinity stinks. It seems like the Xfinity Internet goes out every couple weeks. It seems Xfinity is doing upgrades to the system. That’s what I’m told. That’s why it goes out every couple of weeks. They better be crediting everybody’s account who’s Internet streaming and cable been out. That’s the least Xfinity could do to their customers and help them out financially. I didn’t ask for this.

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Hi @user_6q75sq Thank you for reaching out on the Xfinity Community forums.  Our apologies for the inconvenience this has caused you with the service being down. We have technicians on the ground working to restore services as quick as possible. We appreciate your feedback and your patience while this repair work happens. 

3 Messages

2 months ago

Well firstly I hope everyone is staying safe during these hard times. I work from home and absolutely need the internet to support my family, the lack of communication is really frustrating. ATT services were pretty quick to be restored for my neighborhood yet with Xfinity we have to sit in the dark without any sort of indication on what areas they plan to work on first and the estimate schedule. If there’s no movement for 24-48 hours at least say something… Our power has been back for a 2 days now going on to 3. Zip code is 77061 area.

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Hi there @user_szqgbt. I am sorry to hear that your service is still not working. You are in the right place and we are happyt assist you.You can always go to Comcast Texas, for any updates. The latest update as of July 11, 2024, 1:30 p.m.

SERVICE RESTORATION UPDATE:

We’re making progress, and we know there’s a lot more to do! At this time, approximately 46% of service interruptions have been restored. Our entire Comcast Texas team is all hands on deck and won’t stop working until every customer is back online.

If you do need Internet access, Comcast has opened all operational Xfinity WiFi hotspots in the Houston area, free of charge, to all residents. To find the nearest Xfinity WiFi hotspot click here, enter your zip code and zoom in to your street level to see the available WiFi hotspots.

12 Messages

2 months ago

[Edited: "Language"]! Where’s my Internet? Chop chop “technicians”. It’s wild how much this ISP is struggling. 

(edited)

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here