CCJessie1's profile

Retired Employee

• 

5.9K Messages

Monday, May 11th, 2020 7:00 AM

Closed

Xfinity Watchathon Week 2020

Watchathon-Logo-Black.jpg

Starting Monday, May 11, 2020 and continuing through Sunday, May 17, 2020, the biggest week in television history is back!

If you’re an Xfinity TV customer with access to Xfinity On Demand, watch thousands of episodes from TV’s top networks, premium channels and subscription On Demand services. Catch up on series like HBO®’s Westworld, SHOWTIME®’s Billions and Hulu's The Handmaid's Tale! Learn more from Get Ready for Watchathon Week 2020 on Xfinity and Get Ready for Watchathon on Xfinity Flex on the Xfinity Hub.

Not an Xfinity TV customer, but have Xfinity service and an Xfinity ID and password? You can still watch a special selection of series from Hulu and full access to On Demand networks like STARZ, EPIX, Hitz, HBO, Cinemax, History Vault, Acorn TV, Anime Network, Pantaya and more with the Xfinity Stream online portal and app!

For more information, see How to Watch Xfinity Watchathon Week 2020.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.6K Messages

4 years ago

Sketchy details for Watchathon Week 2020 May 11-17 are available at https://www.xfinity.com/hub/free-tv-movies/get-ready-for-watchathon-2020 and https://corporate.comcast.com/press/releases/xfinity-watchathon-week-may-11-17-free-tv-shows-and-movies. Although neither link spells it out, free content like Watchathon is typically only available On Demand and through special links in the Stream app and on https://www.xfinity.com/stream/, not on the standard numbered channels.

Contributor

• 

53 Messages

4 years ago

Do I remember correctly with past Watchathon's that each day Comcast offered what would normally be a movie to buy, for free?  I was curious if that was being continued.

Also, do I understand correctly that it is NOT every movie and TV show on the included channels/networks that is included but instead, only selected ones?

Gold Problem Solver

• 

7.9K Messages

4 years ago

It's up to the network what they will make available.

Contributor

• 

53 Messages

4 years ago

Right, as everything is always up to someone else, but it's days away and no one knows?

Contributor

• 

118 Messages

4 years ago

i read about the Watchaton a couple days ago and it sounds like a lot of fuss to me that might not be to the advantage of the Comcast customer

does this mean all movies & tv series on networks like HBO, Showtime, Starz, Epix will be available?

or only limited availabilty and maybe on in SD, not HD?

if someone can answer these questions that would help tremendously

Gold Problem Solver

• 

7.9K Messages

4 years ago

First, it's only through OnDemand, not the linear channels you tune into.

Second, what is available depends on the network. Some open up their full catalog, others may only offer a few series or episodes of a series. I've never seen it limited to just SD.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

5.9K Messages

4 years ago

The "Watchathon' can be found on the: On Demand menu listed as "Watchathon". No need for voice use. Works fine for me today.

Contributor

• 

118 Messages

4 years ago

now that is has been a couple days i have to admit the 2020 Watchathon is a tremendous deal for customers. I don't subscribe to STARZ but i see a lot of available TV shows and films that are now free. thank you because there has been programming on STARZ i have not seen because i am not a subscriber

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Trying to figure out to get notified when Watchathon is available. . 

Retired Employee

• 

5.9K Messages

4 years ago

@dcb716 wrote:

Trying to figure out to get notified when Watchathon is available. . 

@dcb716 

Xfinity Watchathon Week 2020 began Monday, May 11, 2020, and continues through Sunday, May 17, 2020.  Additional information about this year's Watchathon Week can be found in the first post on this thread. Please let us know if you have any additional questions or need anything else. 

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

nothing is free. i get prompted to subscribe to premium cgannel for show. what is the purpise of watchathon if you have to pay

Gold Problem Solver

• 

18.9K Messages

4 years ago

@ritadefil 

We offer tons of free movies available every day: 

https://www.xfinity.com/hub/free-tv-movies/watch-at-home-free-preview

Xfinity customers can now access a selection of free programming spanning kids educational content, fitness and TV & movies via Xfinity On Demand including on X1 and the Xfinity Stream app and web portal and also on Flex by saying “Free” into the Xfinity Voice Remote.

To see what shows are available to you today and any time for free, just say “Free” into your Xfinity Voice Remote.

Plus Watchathon underway now through May 17, 2020.  Enjoy!

https://www.xfinity.com/hub/free-tv-movies/get-ready-for-watchathon-2020

Looks like you were able to enjoy a few free movies already during Watchathon. 

I've credited back your recent On Demand movie purchases in full and I have also applied a credit on your account that will cover a few additional On Demand movie rentals with our compliments.

What is Watchathon Week?

Watchathon Week is an annual event for Xfinity customers when many of the hottest TV shows and movies on demand are available all week long at no additional cost. Xfinity customers can tune in via X1, Flex, or Xfinity Stream to catch popular series, movies, and more from May 11 – 17.

What can I watch during Xfinity Watchathon Week?

Everyone has a show to recommend, and from May 11 – 17 you can enjoy free access to many of the most popular shows and movies from, SHOWTIME®, STARZ®, HBO® and, for the first time ever, Hulu! Catch hit series like The Handmaid’s Tale, Westworld, Billions, Outlander, and more all week long at no additional cost to you.

Looking to make it a movie night? During Watchathon Week you can also catch some of the latest hit films, like Joker (available beginning May 16), It: Chapter 2, Once Upon a Time in Hollywood, and many, many more.

Don’t have X1? You can also watch with Flex and Xfinity Stream, no TV subscription required. Learn more about watching on Flex here.

If you’re ready to watch, just say “Watchathon” into your Xfinity Voice Remote and enjoy some of the hottest shows and movies on demand all week long at no additional cost to you.

*Content availability may vary across Xfinity TV platforms (X1, Flex, and the Xfinity Stream app and portal). Of note, the full SHOWTIME service will be available on Xfinity on Demand and the Xfinity Stream app and portal for only a portion of the event from May 14 – 17.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

I don't understand why those of use with the lower cost cable options can't watch the "Watchathon" on tv anymore...it's like a slap in the face..."you don't count because you're not paying us enough money, so we aren't going to worry about your ability to watch premium channels becuase we know you will never pay extra for them". It always used to be that these channels were "unlocked" for a short time and we could see something different. Thats especially important in this day and age...please don't tell me to watch on my computer--it's not the same thing.

Frankly, I don't understand why anyone wants to watch on a much smaller screen!! Please send this to the powers that be and beg them to increase their generosity to us low-income folks. Thank you

Retired Employee

• 

5.9K Messages

4 years ago

@Sarathena 

We sincerely apologize for the confusion. Xfinity Watchathon Week 2020 content is available to all customers via Xfinity On Demand either on your Xfinity television box, Xfinity Flex box or Xfinity Stream. All the details related to how to watch content for Xfinity Watchathon Week 2020 is available here https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/how-to-watch-watchathon

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here