U

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Friday, November 5th, 2021 8:20 PM

Closed

"This channel is temporarily unavailable" message

Hi,

I've been having a problem where I get a message that reads "This channel is temporarily unavailable" when I try to watch several channels. I've tried rebooting my cable boxes and have done a system refresh, but the problem persists. How can I get this resolved?

Thanks

Accepted Solution

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

3 years ago

Thank you, @user_ae80a3, for connecting with us here! I'm happy we were able to troubleshoot the error message and send the appropriate signals to your cable boxes to resolve the problem. Again, we appreciate you taking the time to help us on your end throughout the process. 

Official Employee

• 

6.9K Messages

3 years ago

Hi @user_ae80a3, and thank you for sharing your issue and the troubleshooting steps that you've attempted to fix this. I'm sorry for the experience you're having and would like to get this resolved as soon as possible. Can you send a direct message with your first and last name and service address? To send a direct message click the "Direct Messaging" chat icon in the top right corner of the page, then click on the pen and pad icon and enter "Xfinity Support" in the "To" section of the chat.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@XfinityChe

Thanks, I've sent a direct message 

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

3 years ago

Same problem. Many channels say “temporarily unavailable “. Have tried everything to fix and nothing works. Tech support was no help either. About ready to go back to DirectV

Problem Solver

• 

571 Messages

@user_023e09 I am so sorry to hear you're running into this issue! We are here to help get this resolved. We do not want to lose your business.

Does this happen when selecting a program from live TV or OnDemand? Does this happen on all TV boxes? 

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Happens on both wired boxes but wireless box works fine. Tech service said problem is with boxes but I find it hard to believe that they would both be bad. 

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Happens on live TV haven’t tried on demand

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Sounds like it could be an entitlement issue. Like a few channels moved from out of your package into another. When you check the guide do the networks show up there? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Contributor

• 

53 Messages

@user_023e09... that is what i've also had "channel temp. not available".  i was JUST talking 2 a comcast rep.  i can't recall ALL of the bad problems i've rececently occured.  that was 1 that a ticket was done.  i was told someone would get back wtih me.  NO one GOT back with me.  it somehow was fixed.  it was real irritating since i JUST got something else fixed with a comcast TV issue.

glad 2 c  the message i couldn't remember.  it has NOT been an entitlement issue for me.  they def. were a BUNCH of channels that got the message.  i use the audio remote all the time.  i love the audio remote WHEN it's working correctly.  it was doing that 2 me for on demand stuff and LIVE tv.  it did get fixed.  got fixed without a tech coming 2 my home.  

a wireless box... i need 2 find out about that one.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I’m having the same issue. Rebooting my box did not help.

Problem Solver

• 

909 Messages

Hello, @user_1b0a06. Let's look into your channel concerns further. Were any changes made to your package around the time the issues started? Can you access the channel content On Demand or is all programing from the channels with the error showing it? 

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

My tv shows the error message "this channel is temporarily unavailable' for any station I try to watch.  Everything is plugged in. It was fine last night.

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

just now channel 25 came up... vision and sound

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

channels 5, NBC, 7, cbs and 4 komo though still have error message

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

channel 25 is Cspan, book tv

it is still working

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

3 years ago

This isssue affects me and my neighbors.  We had a similar issue several months ago.  After scheduling an appointment, tech support called to cancel saying that the issue was in the service line and resolved.  Issue cleared up, but now is back

Problem Solver

• 

567 Messages

Hello, @Dokidiver. Thanks for reaching out to let us know about the trouble you're having. We'd love to further investigate this issue together. Would you be willing to send us a private message with your full name and address?

To send a "Peer to peer" ("Private") message:

Click "Sign in" if necessary

-Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon

-Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

-Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list that appears, and the "Xfinity Support" graphic will replace the "To:" line

-Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

-Press Enter to send it

Contributor

• 

22 Messages

3 years ago

Started today with me.  Seems to be only my local Hagerstown channel located on channel 814.  Happens when I directly input number or select from past channels watched.  Nothing works from reset to unplug and power back.  What gives?

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

We’re having same issue - started Friday night - tev

ch support not helpful - miraculously fixed on Sunday morning.  This afternoon back to same issue.  It’s the local broadcast channels 1-12.  All other channels work.  Was told it was an inside wiring issue which I find hard to believe.  Very frustrating to pay $200/mo for service and not be able to get all channels or get problem resolved easily.

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Hello, @user_9683a1! Thanks for connecting with us here! We are happy to help with the issues with your channels. We would need to review your account first and see how to go about resolving this for you. Can you please send over a Direct Message with your name and service address? We look forward to your message. 

To start a Direct Message: Click "Sign in" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message" icon (upper right corner of this page)

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window • Press Enter to send your message.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Same here.Everything was working fine until I added WiFi for other 2 tv’s. Hard wired boxes do not work with abc 7 and Fox 12 in Chicago area. I spent 2 hours on the phone with this rep giving the the “this is the first we are hearing of this” we will have to send a tech out…after reading this is a major Xfinity issue. They had me several times unplug boxes, they restarted my system, blah blah. I only have xfinity due to watching these channels! My subscriptions work for everything else!

Problem Solver

• 

571 Messages

@user_e7e4a0 Hi, there. Are you still experiencing troubles with attempting to watch Fox 12 or ABC 7? I know how important it is to watch your favorites channels. Our team is here to help! 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Same issue here. "This channel is temporarily unavailable."  Channels 2, 3, 5, 7.   Same issue with both boxes. 

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

@user_5ace08 Good morning! Thank you for connecting with us over this platform and bringing this to our attention. I'm sorry to hear you are running into this issue with your boxes. Have you tried any troubleshooting steps such as rebooting your box, or having a refresh signal sent from the Xfinity My Account/App? 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Having this issue multiple times per week.  This is incredibly frustrating. Anyone getting any ACTUAL long-term resolution to this issue. Ready to go back to direct TV. 🤬🤬🤬🤬

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

@user_eddbd8 Thank you for reaching out on the Xfinity Forum.  I'm sorry to hear you are running into this issue with your boxes. Have you tried any troubleshooting steps such as unplugging your box and modem for up to 1 minute and letting it boot back up, or having a refresh signal sent from the Xfinity My Account/App? 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

i'm having the same issue i've done everything with no resolved i would like this fixed 

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Thank you for contacting customer support through Xfinity Community Forums. I hope you are doing well. I would be more than happy to offer my assistance looking into your set-top box issues. Have you attempted to unplug the power from the set-top box for 20-30 seconds and plug the device back in to see if you are able to view the live channel? Please let us know at your next available convenience. 

Frequent Visitor

• 

10 Messages

3 years ago

This problem has been recurring for MONTHS now. Most of the time I can't watch Comedy Central for more than 15 minutes without the signal freezing or breaking up; once in a while it's fine for a few hours (but not often.) 

Gold Problem Solver

• 

2.9K Messages

@BruceGal

That may be from a degraded signal issue. We would need to pull up your account and take a look to make sure all signals look good from our side. Our team is here to help out! Please send us a private message with your full name and full service address to get started!

To send the requested information:
  • Click "Sign In" if necessary
  • Click the "Direct Messaging" icon 
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support"
      there. As you are typing a drop-down list appears.
  • Select "Xfinity Support" from that list. An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send it

Contributor

• 

53 Messages

3 years ago

best 2 use google then call comcast.  good chance u won't waste 1k hours of time AND actually fix the problem.  i just had a problem with ice being in the outlet coming from the house connecting 2 the cable running 2 the pole.  u can have a tech appt.  U HAVE 2 be home.  i was told "no" by 2 comcast reps.  u need 2 be home, but the tech will start with the outside 1st.  i think in that situation... at least u would no if it was outside - comcast issue - not pay for tech visit. 

i have gotten that message many times.  i use on demand  A LOT.  so, i know it was for on demand and it was probably live tv 2.  i was checking them with the comcast rep on the line. 

i don't recall how it got fixed.  i'm sure it will happen again.

Contributor

• 

53 Messages

3 years ago

best 2 use google then call comcast.  good chance u won't waste 1k hours of time AND actually fix the problem.  i just had a problem with ice being in the outlet coming from the house connecting 2 the cable running 2 the pole.  u can have a tech appt.  U HAVE 2 be home.  i was told "no" by 2 comcast reps.  u need 2 be home, but the tech will start with the outside 1st.  i think in that situation... at least u would no if it was outside - comcast issue - not pay for tech visit. 

i have gotten that message many times.  i use on demand  A LOT.  so, i know it was for on demand and it was probably live tv 2.  i was checking them with the comcast rep on the line. 

i don't recall how it got fixed.  i'm sure it will happen again.

glad 2 c  the message i couldn't remember.  it has NOT been an entitlement issue for me.  they def. were a BUNCH of channels that got the message.  i use the audio remote all the time.  i love the audio remote WHEN it's working correctly.  it was doing that 2 me for on demand stuff and LIVE tv.  it did get fixed.  got fixed without a tech coming 2 my home.  

a wireless box... i need 2 find out about that one.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

I'm getting the same "This channel is temporarily unavailable" for CBS channel 654. I has worked through last night. There was an outage this morning and this message occurred after I was back online.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

A system refresh solved my issue.

Problem Solver

• 

577 Messages

@larry0154 Hello and thank you for reaching out over our Xfinity Community Forums. I am so glad to hear that the system refresh resolved your issue successfully. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to help. We are here 24/7 and always more than happy to assist a valued member of our Xfinity family in any way we can! I hope you have a wonderful rest of your Saturday and weekend, and we look forward to speaking with you again in the future!

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Same complaint as other customers around the country - in my case locally digital channels 202 through 229 disappear every morning from approximately 5 a.m. until 10 a.m. probably due to atmospherics (XRE 03059), but tired of paying $246 for a problem that exists at certain times only. Was on the phone today with CS and the person tried her best to resolve the problem but could not. I am considering a switch to YouTube TV, because I'm tired of a problem that Xfinity cannot resolve since the FCC allowed digital low-power side channels. FYI its these channels most older viewers watch because they air the classic TV shows. Xfinity Ticket No. CR028836767

(edited)

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here