tito752's profile

Contributor

• 

49 Messages

Monday, August 26th, 2019 6:00 AM

Closed

Starz leaving Premiere packages?

Can an employee at Comcast confirm if this is true?  I hope not.  These channel changes are not the thing to do with more and more people cutting the cord.  You're going to end up with no customers!

https://www.cordcuttersnews.com/exclusive-comcast-is-moving-some-channels-to-more-expensive-packages/amp/#referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&_tf=From%20%251%24s

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Accepted Solution

Retired Employee

• 

5.9K Messages

5 years ago

All,

We pay programmers like networks, local TV station owners and others for the ability to bring their programming to you. We regularly review our programming and sometimes make changes to ensure we're offering a wide variety of programming at the best value. We look at a variety of factors, including customer viewership and programming costs when making these decisions.

Given this, we decided to replace all Starz channels included in packages with EPIX. This will help us manage programming costs that are passed on to our customers while continuing to make this content available to those who want to watch it. On December 10, 2019, the following Starz channels and associated on demand content will be removed from packages:

• Starz
  • Starz Edge
  • Starz in Black
  • Starz Comedy
  • Starz Cinema
  • Starz Kids & Family

If you would like to continue to view Starz and Starz On Demand, you'll need to subscribe to Starz a la carte for $12 per month. Learn more about how to add Starz.

Frequently Asked Questions
What is EPIX?
EPIX is a premium network with several associated channels: EPIX 2, EPIX Hits, and EPIX Drive-In. With EPIX and its associated content, you’ll get unlimited access to hit films, critically-acclaimed original series, documentaries and more, uncut and commercial-free.

Are you dropping Starz?
While Starz is being removed from packages on December 10, if you want to continue to view Starz and Starz On Demand, you can subscribe to Starz a la carte for $12 per month. Our current agreement with Starz ends on December 31. We are working hard to reach a deal with Starz to preserve the right to offer Starz content to our customers beyond December 31. For more information, please see Starz a la Carte Channel Changes.

Can I still subscribe to Starz?
Yes. You can add Starz and Starz On Demand to your TV package. Learn how to subscribe to Starz.

Will I be charged for Starz if an agreement is not reached?
If we're unable to reach an agreement with Starz by December 31, we will no longer carry Starz content and you will not be charged.

What will happen to my scheduled DVR recordings?
On December 10, the Starz channels listed above will be removed from our channel lineup. Your DVR won’t record any new or future programming, and you won’t be able to watch the channel anymore. However, you can still watch anything you previously recorded from these channels.

For additional information on recent Starz changes please see our articles: Starz al a Carte Channel Changes & Adding ScreenPix to Digital Preferred and Removing Select StarzEncore Channels

Contributor

• 

49 Messages

5 years ago

@CCAndrew wrote:
I don’t believe there’s anything happening with Starz. Your article link isn’t about Starz but TCM’s move to a different tier

From the article, 2 paragraph down:

"Starz will also be moving out of the Xfinity Premier packages and will now cost an additional $12 a month. This is very similar to what happened to Cinemax earlier this year as it was also removed from the Premiere package."

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

5 years ago

I don’t believe there’s anything happening with Starz. Your article link isn’t about Starz but TCM’s move to a different tier

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

5 years ago

Sorry, totally missed that. Keep an eye on your statements for notifications

Contributor

• 

49 Messages

5 years ago

Like I said these insane channel changes are not the thing to do with more and more people cutting the cord, so I hope not.

Contributor

• 

589 Messages

5 years ago

You got to be kidding!   What's next- HBO and Showtime?

Regular Visitor

• 

12 Messages

5 years ago

With the impending dropping of Starz channels from packages this December so I've heard, does this mean that the monthly bill will be reduced? It should be because if channels keep getting dropped left and right from packages it only make sense that the bill itself should come down and not keep going up. But I have sneaky suspicion it's not and the price will go up. Then I know what I have to do, snip snip. Why would I pay more for less channels?

Frequent Visitor

• 

7 Messages

5 years ago

From the last page of my October statement:

Xfinity TV Update: Effective December 10, 2019, Comcast will no longer carry Encore Suspense and Encore Family. For more information about this change, visit xfinity.com/EncoreChanges.

Xfinity TV Update: Effective December 10, 2019, we're adding Epix to the following packages and Starz will no longer be available: Super Triple Play, Super Double Play, Signature Triple Play, Signature Double Play, and the Digital Premier Tier. With Epix and its associated content you'll get unlimited access to hit films, critically acclaimed original series, documentaries and more, uncut and commercial-free. For more information about this change, visit xfinity.com/ EpixChanges.

Xfinity TV Update: Effective December 10, 2019, Comcast will no longer carry Starz Edge, Starz in Black, Starz Cinema, Starz Comedy and Starz Kids & Family. For more information about this change, visit xfinity.com/StarzChanges.

Xfinity TV Update: Effective December 20, 2019, AnyRoom DVR Service will no longer be available for new subscriptions. If you currently have AnyRoom DVR Service, you will continue to receive this service until you make a change or you receive further notice.”

This is the last straw for me...

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

I heard that Xfinity is dropping Starz anyone know if it is true?

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.5K Messages

5 years ago

Frequent Visitor

• 

10 Messages

5 years ago

Please bring back TMC and keep STARZ.  Also bring back Cinemax as Hitz is usuless.  Keep all channels outline in the contract.  Renew your contract with STARZ and stop unsetting people.  

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I totally agree.  Encore is my primary channell that I watch.  Been with comcast for over 30 years will be most likly moving on.  No sense keeping it if they do away with the channells I watch most.  

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I signed up for Premier Package 10 months ago as our family loves Starz, Showtime and HBO.  The fact that Comcast can remove so many channels by canceling them from the Premier Package, from a line-up that was sold to me as solid for 2 years, just infuriates me.  To me the package is no longer "premier".  I'm going to start to look for ways to trim the services I buy from Comcast and hopefully I can cut the cable cord when my contract is up in a year!!  I used to constant.y let me friends and family know how happy we were with our service.  No longer.  Way to go on the public relations!!  I hope saving a few bucks while upsetting your clients pays off for you.

Regular Visitor

• 

6 Messages

5 years ago

I never thought we'd be "cord cutters," but this is the LAST STRAW.      When our so-called contract expires, it's good-bye Comcast after 25 years of being a good customer.  

Regular Visitor

• 

6 Messages

5 years ago

That's OK; remove my post.   I'll be "removing" comcast in a few months. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here