U

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

Thursday, March 24th, 2022 5:07 PM

Closed

Signing in to Apple TV via Comcast's 3rd party app feature

I have subscribed to Apple TV through Comcast's recent offer and am unable to log in to Apple TV via Comcast's 3rd party app menu. It presents me with log-in screen and as I initiate that via my mobile device (I already have an Apple ID) it "loops" by indicating on my iPhone that I'm logged in but returns to the sign-in screen on my TV. 

I spent an hour with Comcast support yesterday and have already done the following:

• Replaced my Comcast DVR box
  • Rebooted all TV comcast boxes in the house
  • Refreshed the system

The Comcast tech finally sent me to Apple. The Apple tech (another hour on the phone) walked through the login plus the following:

• Had me try signing in with a my husband's mobile device
  • Confirmed that I can access Apple TV on Apple devices

They are now sending me back to Comcast for support on the assumption that the problem is in the sign in interface residing on Comcast's system. 

Has anyone else had and resolved this issue?

Official Solution

Retired Employee

• 

5.9K Messages

2 years ago

All, 

Here is an interim solution provided by Apple that should help to resolve the issue. Please follow the directions below:

1. Log in to Apple TV on macOS, IOS
  2. Windows users can log into Apple TV at https://tv.apple.com
  3. A Terms and Conditions prompt will display. To proceed, accept the Terms and Conditions.
  4. Log in from your Xfinity X1 or Flex device

Please let us know if you continue to experience issues. Thank you’re your continued patience as we work to find a permanent solution.

Accepted Solution

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

3 years ago

Apple believes the problem is solved but I opened another case with them and am asking Comcast to continue to research as well. Today on our living room TV, I was able to sign in to Apple TV. When I got to the programming menu, I accessed a movie. It buffered (small white pin wheel in the middle of the screen) and then kicked me out of Apple TV completely and back to normal cable programming (last channel I watched last night - NBC). When I attempted to access Apple TV again, it took me to Apple's version of an introductory offer, which was 7 free days. Since I've already signed up with Comcast's offer of free 3 months, I don't want to over ride that 3 month free offer. The screen offers no other choices - sign up again or don't watch. I get that same result on all our smart TVs so, once again, I'm not able to access Apple TV through Comcast. How do we get this resolved? It appears that my subscription is not being recognized and yet it works on all my Apple devices. 

Update as of 4/9/2022The ultimate solution to this was through Apple's technical support. After several rounds with engineering, they solved the "looping" issue which then created another issue of being promoted to resubscribe. Once I did that (and they assured me that the less attractive offer would not replace the original 3 months free), it seems to work fine and will allow me to access Apple TV on all our smart TVs. For any who need it, the Apple support number is 800-694-7466. Apple's support model for this was excellent. They assigned one case worker that was my contact throughout and scheduled daily calls that fit my schedule (they called me daily). Very refreshing compared to what I've experienced when trying to talk to a person at Comcast (never the same person, always through their standard front end, and repeated tries at the same solution with difficulty to escalate). I'm "accepting" the Comcast solution to this string of posts without Comcast really ever providing any substantiative information or solutions. 

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

3 years ago

@user_9fef4b Good afternoon! Thank you for taking the time to reach out to our Community Forums Team! I'm sorry to hear you are running into some issues with getting your TV services working  properly. It looks like you have tried quite a bit of steps to get this  resolved. To make sure I'm on the right track, are you trying to have your DVR connected and have your TV working, or are you trying  to run just the Stream App? I look forward to hearing back from you! 

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

@XfinityKassie​ I have the new DVR box and related remote set up and working so that is all fine.

The issue I'm having is related to signing into Apple TV via the 3rd party app on Comcast's 3rd party app menu. It sends me into a loop - asks me to sign on, indicates that I am, kicks me out and then asks me to sign on again. This happens on any TV in the house so I don't think it's related to the new DVR box.

In my mind, the problem is in the interface between Comcast's 3rd party app and Apple's sign on. I'm betting it's on the Comcast side because I can sign on to Apple TV successfully on any of my Apple devices. I cannot sign on through Comcast on any of our TVs. 

I signed up for Apple TV through the offer that Comcast made (3 months free, sent a link to subscribe to my mobile) and successfully stream Netflix and Hulu off Comcast's 3rd party app menu. 

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

2.7K Messages

Thank you for confirming all of the troubleshooting steps you've taken. I'd like to see if we can do some more in depth troubleshooting for you. Can you please send us a direct message with your full name and address?

To send a direct message you may need to:
Click "Sign In"
Click the "direct message" icon
Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
Press Enter to send it

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

I am having the same issue. Annoying.

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

I am having same issue

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

I have an existing account that was set up last summer when we replaced one of our TV's with an Amazon Fire TV.

I have been a paying customer for the last 6 months and can access Apple TV from both cellphone app and through my home PC as well as Amazon kindle again through the app. I have attempted several times to log on through the app from the Xfinity X1 platform and I am getting the same results as others have reported mobile device, code input, appleTV, appleID and password, refresh device then logged out caught in a loop back to code input. All other apps, Netflix, HULU, Paramount+ all work so this is something specific to the the appleTV integration with the X1 platform.

Frequent Visitor

• 

7 Messages

3 years ago

Exact same issue.  This is clearly a problem with the xfinity integration of the Apple TV + app.  Step one is for xfinity to acknowledge that it's a system wide problem and not a problem with individual subscriber's setups.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Same exact problem here. Keep trying to sign in and stuck on an endless loop. Xfinity obviosuly does not have its act together. None of these problems exist with other apps, just Apple.

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

Hi there @user_8e854f!  Thanks so much for taking the time to reach out to Xfinity Support with Digital Care here on our Community Forum.  We are so glad to hear from you and want to assist in any way that we can to get this straightened out for you.  You have reached out to the best team to get this taken care of.  Making sure that you have the best experience with your service is a top priority here.  I see that there was a private message sent to us as well.  Thanks so much for being one step ahead!  We will follow up with you there. 😉  

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Same issue here. I have been spending 4 hours trying to get AppleTv + app to work on my tv. Help!!

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

Hi there @user_091a3e!  Thanks so much for taking the time to reach out to Xfinity Support with Digital Care here on our Community Forum!  We are so glad to hear from you and want to assist in any way that we can.  You having the best experience with your service is a top priority to this team and we want to help in getting this straightened out for you.  So that we can get this ball rolling, please feel free to shoot us a private message with your full name and complete service address.  That way we can access your account and get started. 😉

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Armand, did you ever get a fix to this problem?

New Poster

• 

22 Messages

3 years ago

More importantly, when is the Xfinity Stream app going to be released for tvOS?

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Hi @Dayvidpriddy ,

Thank you for showing interest in our Xfinity Stream application. At this time we do not have any release information in regards to our Xfinity Stream application on other third-party devices. You can view our currently supported devices by visiting out Xfinity Stream App on Xfinity TV Partner Devices FAQs support page. Please do not hesitate to reach out if you have any other concerns in regards to our Xfinity Products and Services. 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

I am having the same issue. So, how does this get resolved, Xfinity?

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

So many having the issue, yet nothi g is done about it. Please, post the solution. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Same issue!!! Do. It have patience to talk to xfinity and appt support. Anyone have an answer?

New Poster

• 

22 Messages

2 years ago

Why do I keep getting E-Mails about this thread?  I don't want to be subscribed to this but there is no way to unsubscribe from it.

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Hi @Dayvidpriddy,

You may be receiving e-mails if you follow the forum thread. You should be able to scroll to the top of this forum thread and select the "Unfollow" button link which will unfollow you from future replies. Please let us know if there is anything more we could assist you with in regards to our Xfinity products and services. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I have that problem also only when I scan the qr code and am putting my apple info in to sign in it keeps giving me the message that my password needs to be redone and I have twice it still says the same thing and won't let me sign in via qr code on Xfinity apple app but I can sign in on any other devices and my Vizio smart tv I have no problem but can't sign in on either of my Xfinity boxes.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

Also having this problem

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

I am having the same issue here- I am already subscribed to Apple TV+. When I try to log in via the xfinity app, I go through the normal sign in process and confirm on my phone. It always returns to the log in screen and loops over and over - repeating the same process.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

@smartin955​ Me too!   I'm not an apple user.  I use Android phones and Windows PCs. My apple ID is a regular email address (not icloud). I wonder if that has something to do with this.

Problem Solver

• 

729 Messages

@

If you are having a concern, have you tried the trick above to see if that helps? Feel free to let us know. 

I no longer work for Comcast.

Problem Solver

• 

892 Messages

Hey there @smartin955! I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing the same issues. Have you tried following the steps provided previously?

1. Log in to Apple TV on macOS, IOS
  2. Windows users can log into Apple TV at https://comca.st/3vijLZ6
  3. A Terms and Conditions prompt will display. To proceed, accept the Terms and Conditions.
  4. Log in from your Xfinity X1 or Flex device

I no longer work for Comcast.

Contributor

• 

34 Messages

2 years ago

Also having this problem.
Xfinity is sending out a tech at no charge tomorrow to swap our X1 modem and/or out DVR box.

This was NOT a problem 3 months ago until Xfinity did some kind of system update.

Finally got a tech in the phone to fix the HBO MAX login issue, but can’t fix the Apple TV issue over the phone?

Time Warner/Xfinity/HBO are all too big for their britches, in that their technology cannot interface correctly with itself. 
They all [Edited: "Language"] and need to learn to play with each other. 
We’ll see if a new box/in-person tech can fix the Apple issue, Apple, who is also too big and cannot fix their own technology.

I’ve already spent too much of my life trying to fix corporate technical problems. 
UGH!

(edited)

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here