eastmoreland's profile

Contributor

• 

116 Messages

Saturday, February 3rd, 2024 4:51 AM

Re: Paramount Plus Error Something Went Wrong

I am having a similar problem.  When I access the Paramount+ app through the X1 box, and arrow down to the "continue watching" (or whatever it's called) section, and click on the left-most item in that list, i.e. the one I was most-recently watching, I get the "something went wrong" error screen.  I can often use the "back" button to go back to the previous screen (list of programs).  But if I try to watch that show again, I get the same error screen.

By fooling around, I discovered that if I go to the second program on the "continue watching" list, I can continue playing that program without an error.  Then, I press the "back" button until I get back to the list again.  Now, the program I really wanted to watch (which used to be the left-most program in the list) is now the second program in the list.  When I arrow over to it and click on it, it now will play with no problems.

I have tried exiting the app and trying again, and I've tried rebooting the DVR.  But this problem still continues to happen.  It looks like I found a work-around, but it's really annoying.  That, plus the app itself is really, really slow, much slower than Amazon Prime or Max or Peacock.

This post was created from this comment on different post

Official Solution

Official Employee

• 

744 Messages

6 months ago

Hello @eastmoreland thank you for taking the time to detail your issue and the workaround you've found! I can confirm that we recently found a known issue where customers are seeing an error message "Uh-oh. An error has occurred" when attempting to launch content from within the Paramount Plus App. Our engineering team is aware of this issue and working to get it corrected as soon as possible. Another workaround our team has found for now is signing out of the Paramount Plus App and then signing as this normally removes the error. However, it may pop back up until a fix is put in place. Another alternative is to find the Paramount Plus content you want to watch via On Demand and then select the Paramount Plus option to play the movie. I'll keep an eye on this issue on my side and update you here once I have more information on an official fix for you!

1 Message

Has this issue been fixed yet? Especially the performance issue.

Official Employee

• 

740 Messages

user_lnfghp Are you receiving an error code or message when accessing the app? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

1 Message

6 months ago

"Another alternative is to find the Paramount Plus content you want to watch via On Demand and then select the Paramount Plus option to play the movie."

That advice from Comcast Katie worked for me.  Thanks!

Contributor

• 

116 Messages

I've had some problems with this option when watching an episode of a series.  Though the On Demand method will find the series you want to watch, it sometimes (always?) goes to the first episode of the series instead of to where you last left off.  Then you have to stop that episode from playing and figure out where you were.  

Visitor

• 

1 Message

6 months ago

OK, so it's been nearly a week. No progress on the fix on Xfinity's end? Very disappointing app compared to others from Xfinity. We are trying these suggested fixes, but the engineering team needs to get a move on.

Official Employee

• 

823 Messages

Hello there @Jpk3 ! This issue is still a work in progress, i'm afraid. We appreciate you bearing with us!

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

1 Message

Paramount Plus stalls all the time.  I paid for a full year in advance. 

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Hey @user_u9xs7g,

Thank you for visiting our official Xfintiy Community Forums support page. Are you receiving any error code or error message when using the Paramount+ application on your X1 set-top box?

Regular Visitor

• 

11 Messages

I have the same issue using the Paramount Plus app on multiple Xfinity boxes. Here are more details:

1. Very slow response starting the app on three boxes.
  2. On two boxes, an error message is displayed after trying to start a video.
  3. On the third box, after signing in navigation response very slow response, roughly, 2-3 second delays, but I can view the video eventually. But no matter what, navigation response is very slow.

The Paramount Plus app works as expected on other streaming devices, such as a Roku box, or a smart TV. I would prefer to keep within the framework Xfinity rather than having to switch input whenever I want to run an application. It appears that this is still an known issue with no resolution forthcoming. Can you confirm the latest status or maybe an ETA on a resolution since this seems to be a longstanding issue?

Thank you.

Regards.

Paul [Edited: "Personal Information"]

(edited)

2 Messages

2 months ago

Paramount plus app on the X1 platform is still terrible.  I tried watching the Billy Joel concert last night and the video buffered every minute or less.  We have had the same problem over the past year watching shows like Seal Team through the app.  The app works fine on our iPads but I don’t have a smart tv and want to use the app on Xfinity.  I would think Paramount and Xfinity should have figured this out by now,  it’s been over a year.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here