CCJessie1's profile

Retired Employee

• 

5.9K Messages

Wednesday, July 21st, 2021 10:07 PM

Closed

Olympic Games Tokyo 2020

Xfinity is proud to bring you every minute, every medal and every moment of inspiration from Team USA and the Olympic Games on every screen through an experience unlike any other.

Opening Ceremony – July 23, 2021
Closing Ceremony – August 8, 2021
Paralympics Opening Ceremony – August 24, 2021
Paralympics Closing Ceremony – September 5, 2021

Today, you can say “Olympics” into your Xfinity Voice Remote to get started. Enjoy tons of great content, available now on

Xfinity X1 and Xfinity Flex. Browse the archives and see new documentaries and more ahead of this year’s Olympic Games.

If you have Flex and want to upgrade to Xfinity TV to experience more of the Games, you can quickly and easily do so through the Shop destination to watch on the Xfinity Stream app on Flex. You’ll then get access to NBC’s live coverage, including the Opening Ceremony and nightly Primetime Show, right on your Flex streaming TV Box.

If you have Xfinity X1, you have a front row seat to all 7,000 hours of the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020! Find out how you can personalize your Olympics experience by choosing the sports you care about most and get event notifications on your X1 TV Box and Xfinity Stream.

Follow Your Favorite Sports

Say “Olympics” into your Voice Remote or press the xfinity button then press the down arrow to get to the Olympics Destination on X1. Press the OK button on your remote. Press the down arrow to get to the Featured row, the right arrow to get to the Follow your favorite events tile, then press OK.

Choose your favorite sports using the arrow buttons and pressing OK on your remote to choose them. You’ll see which you chose because a star will appear in the top right corner.

When you return to the Olympics Destination, you’ll see related live coverage in the On now row and related highlights and replays in the Your Olympic Highlights row. Those same rows will also be available when you visit the Olympics Destination in the Xfinity Stream app.

See Personalize Your Olympics Destination on Xfinity Stream for details.

Choose Your Notifications

Once you’ve picked your favorite sports through the steps above, you’ll be asked if you want to be notified when related major moments are airing live and trending highlights are available to watch.

You can also choose where you want to be notified; on your X1 TV Box(es), or your mobile phone via Xfinity Stream notifications (iOS devices only) or text messages. Press OK on your remote once you’re done.

FAQs

How can I get ready for the Olympic Games right now?

The Olympics Destination is live with more choice, more streaming and more ways to make sure you don’t miss the lead up to the Games – all on Xfinity X1 and Xfinity Flex! Browse the archives and see new documentaries and more ahead of this year’s Olympic Games. Just say “Olympics” into your Xfinity Voice Remote to get started.

What content will be available?

If you have Xfinity X1 or Flex, you’ll have access to the best Olympic and Paralympic Games coverage. All 7,000+ hours of NBC’s network, On Demand and streaming coverage will be available if you have Xfinity TV through X1 and the Xfinity Stream app in one easy-to-navigate destination. Plus with Peacock, if you have Xfinity Internet and Flex, you’ll experience a first-of-its-kind Olympic viewing experience, for free!

If you have USA Network in your Xfinity TV package and an Xfinity ID and password, you can access all of NBCUniversal's coverage of the Olympics Games Tokyo 2020 at https://comca.st/3hTwISL and on the NBC Sports app.

What’s available on Xfinity X1?

If you have X1, you’ll be able to personalize your Olympics experience for the first time. Choose your favorite sports in just a few clicks on your remote, your favorites will appear in the “On Now” row of your Olympics Destination. Favoriting a sport will also create a “Your Olympic Highlights” playlist filled with the best moments from your favorite sports.

You can also watch the Olympics in 4K UHD, watch and interact with 100 playlists, enjoy coverage in Spanish and opt in for notifications for your favorite sports to find out the moment they’re on.

What’s available on Xfinity Flex?

If you have Flex, you’ll be the first to see the biggest stories from the Games, front-and-center within the Olympics Destination. Your free access to Peacock includes access to six linear channels, four original shows, special coverage of Team USA men’s basketball, hundreds of highlights, full-events replays, and special features, documentaries and docuseries.

What’s available on the Xfinity Stream app?

If you have Xfinity TV, you can watch all 7,000 hours of NBC’s network, On Demand and streaming coverage at home and on the go with the Xfinity Stream app. Additionally, the favorite sports you select on X1 will appear on Stream for web, iOS and Android. You can also set your DVR and download completed recordings for offline playback.

How else can I watch the Olympics?

Included with your Xfinity TV service, you can also watch the Olympics on https://comca.st/3hTwISL or on the NBC Sports app.

NBC Sites and Apps FAQs

How can I watch the Olympics on NBC's sites and apps with my Xfinity TV service?
You can access all of NBCUniversal's coverage of the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 at https://comca.st/3hTwISL and on the NBC Sports app if you have USA Network in your Xfinity TV package and an Xfinity ID and password.

If you don't have USA Network, you can still watch live events airing on NBC and the Olympics primetime broadcast, at https://comca.st/3hTwISL and on the NBC Sports app. All you need is Xfinity TV service that includes NBC and an Xfinity ID and password.

Additionally, access to Peacock Premium is included with Xfinity video service. For more information, including how to access Peacock, please see Peacock App on Xfinity Flex and Xfinity X1.

What are the online minimum browser and operating system requirements for the Olympics on NBC's sites and apps?

Refer to the FAQ/Help sections for https://comca.st/3hTwISL or NBC Sports.

Do I need to pay extra to access the Olympics through NBC's sites and apps?

No. Access to NBC's sites and apps is an added benefit of your Xfinity TV service. If your service doesn't include the required network, you'll be notified after signing in. You won't be charged unless you decide to upgrade your services.

I have Xfinity TV service. What content can I view during the Olympic Games on NBC's sites and apps?

During the Olympics, all competition will be streamed live online at https://comca.st/3hTwISL and on the NBC Sports app. The vast majority of live streaming will only be available if you sign in with your Xfinity ID and password.

What is the best way to find online listings for a specific Olympic event?
Visit the NBC Olympics schedule.

Is this online coverage available in HD?
Yes, all coverage is available in HD.

Is there a virtual reality experience available?
Yes. The NBC Olympics VR by Xfinity application is an Oculus Quest (Quest 1 and Quest 2) headset application with immersive VR viewing of the Olympics Games in Tokyo. Our live event and full event replay experiences will include a produced “VR Cast” experience; plus you can select from multiple camera angles at each event - up to 4K 180° and 360° videos. See NBC Olympics Virtual Reality by Xfinity App to learn more.

Additional Details

Available Olympic Content on Xfinity At-a-Glance:

Channels/Olympic Content

Xfinity Flex

(Available on Flex streaming TV Box)

Xfinity Flex and a subscription to Choice TV with the Entertainment Genre Pack

(Available on Flex streaming TV Box and Xfinity Stream)

Xfinity X1 with Starter, Preferred or higher packages

(Available on X1 TV Box and Xfinity Stream)

Peacock

Yes

Yes

Yes

Third-party apps

Yes

Yes

Yes

NBC

N/A

Yes

Yes

Telemundo

N/A

Yes

Yes

USA Network

N/A

Yes

Yes

Olympic Channel

N/A

Yes

Yes

Universo

N/A

Yes

Yes

1000 short-form clips

N/A

Yes

Yes

450 hours of On Demand

N/A

Yes

Yes

300 hours Spanish-language coverage

N/A

Yes

Yes

7000 hours on Xfinity Stream

N/A

Yes

Note: Available on web and mobile devices, but not available on the Xfinity Stream app on Flex streaming TV Boxes.

Yes

NBC Sports Network

N/A

N/A

Yes

Golf Channel

N/A

N/A

Yes

CNBC

N/A

N/A

Yes

250 hours of live 4K UHD coverage

N/A

N/A

Yes

7000 hours on X1 and Xfinity Stream

N/A

Yes

Note: Available on web and mobile devices.

Yes

We're Proud to Sponsor Team Comcast with Olympic and Paralympic Athletes:

• Alise Willoughby – BMX Racing
  • Allyson Felix – Track & Field
  • Ashleigh Johnson – Water Polo
  • Brad Snyder – Paratriathlon
  • Caeleb Dressel – Swimming
  • Carissa Moore – Surfing
  • Chuck Aoki – Wheelchair Rugby
  • David Brown – Para Track & Field
  • Jerome Avery – Para Track & Field
  • Mallory Weggemann – Para Swimming
  • Noah Lyles – Track & Field
  • Simone Manuel – Swimming
  • Trevon Jenifer – Wheelchair Basketball

NBC Olympics VR (Virtual Reality) by Xfinity App

Experience the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 right at home with the NBC Olympics VR (Virtual Reality) by Xfinity app! It’ll be available starting July 19 for Oculus Quest (Quest 1 and Quest 2) for an immersive VR viewing experience of the Olympics. See live event and full event replays, choose from multiple camera angles, and watch with your friends - all in up to 4K 180° and 360° video.

To learn more about the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 with Xfinity, see Olympic Games Tokyo 2020.

FAQs

What content can I watch on the app?
Watch select Olympics coverage:

• “Pre-Games Features” covers the sites, culture and build-up to the Olympics.
  • Live coverage available throughout each day of five major sports plus the Opening and Closing ceremonies. All these live events will also be available afterwards as full-event replays:
    • Boxing
    • Basketball (5x5)
    • Beach Volleyball
    • Gymnastics
    • Track and Field
  • Additional features and highlights of 20 other Olympic sports with new coverage appearing daily. Coverage includes:
    • Artistic Swimming, Sailing, BMX Race, Golf, Equestrian Jumping, Rowing, Diving, Canoe Slalom, BMX Freestyle, Mountain Bike, Skateboard Park, Skateboard Street, Softball/Baseball, Sports Climbing, Surfing, Table Tennis, Track Cycling, Triathlon, Trap Shooting and Canoe Sprint.
    • Coverage is subject to change.

Where can I find the NBC Olympics VR by Xfinity app?
You can find the app in the Oculus Quest app store.

Do I need to sign in/authenticate to start watching the app?
Our short-form feature and highlights coverage will be available without signing in. Live events and full event replays will require an Xfinity TV subscription that includes USA Network. Sign in with your valid Xfinity ID and password to get started. Visit The Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 - NBC Sites and Apps FAQs to learn how to sign in.

Do I have to be an Xfinity customer to use the app?
If you’re an Xfinity customer, including Xfinity Internet and Xfinity Mobile services, you can download the NBC Olympics VR by Xfinity app and watch On Demand highlights and features. However, you can only access live coverage and full-event replays after signing in with your Xfinity ID and password if you have USA Network included in your Xfinity TV subscription.

Do I need to be in the United States to use this app?
Yes. As with all NBC coverage of the Olympics, the NBC Olympics VR by Xfinity app is only available for viewing within the United States and its territories.

Why is my picture poor, blurry or my video stream choppy?
VR streams require a lot of bandwidth, and any variation in that bandwidth could cause your stream to “rebuffer” (stutter) or drop to a lower quality. You can see the video quality (High, Med, Low) on the scrubber bar when watching a video.

Why is the commentary and coverage different than NBC?
The NBC Olympics VR by Xfinity app includes international broadcast announcers and graphics.

Why doesn’t this look as good as my (4K) television?
VR video covers a much wider field of view.

3D (stereoscopic) video makes my eyes hurt.
You may try adjusting your Oculus headset for proper fit, but some people may find 3D in headsets uncomfortable. If you’re watching a 3D video in the app, you can disable 3D by pointing at the video, pressing the trigger to bring up the scrubber bar and deselecting the 3D button.

How do I change camera angles?
For live events and full event replays with multiple camera angles, you can select the Angles tab from the bottom dashboard.

When will you be covering [sport]?
For sports we’re covering live, you can see the Schedule tab of the app.

Sports covered in our broader feature and highlight coverage aren’t live or pre-scheduled, but you can mark your favorite sports in My List.

Where is the replay of this event?
Full-event replays will be available hours after completion of the live event.

Are the listed times my local time, or the time in Tokyo, Japan?
Times shown in the app and in the Schedule tab on the dashboard reflect your device’s configured time zone.

What is VR Cast?
VR Cast is a produced feed where a director at each event switches between camera angles for the viewers. The live events and full event replays in the app will be a VR Cast experience.

What is My List?
“My List” lets you identify your favorite sports, and we’ll collect videos showing them in the My List section. You’ll be prompted when you first open the app to select these favorites, but you can always select the edit icon on My List to update.

The video doesn’t load.
Try quitting the app by pressing the right Oculus menu button and selecting Quit, and then relaunching.

I can’t sign in.
Confirm your Xfinity ID and password, or try again later.

Where can I find the non-VR Olympics streams?
You can stream the non-VR coverage on Xfinity X1, Xfinity Stream, https://comca.st/3hTwISL, and the NBC Sports app.

Does the app store my credentials?
No.

What is the minimum network requirement for using the app?
At least 30 Mbps is recommended and 10 Mbps internet speed is required to use this app.

What’s a Watch Party?
A Watch Party allows you to watch with up to three other people that are Oculus Friends for your account. You can start a Watch Party to see the Olympics action in the NBC Olympics VR by Xfinity app.

How do I invite my friends to my Watch Party?
Invite friends from the General tab of the Social menu within the app. Only those who are already added in your Oculus friends list will be shown.

How do I add a new friend to my friends list?
To add a new friend, go to Oculus home and invite or accept a friend request.

What happens if I go offline in social?
Your friends won’t be able to see what you’re watching or invite you to their Watch Party.

Do I have to pay to use this app?
No. Highlights of the Olympics competition are available to anyone in the U.S. Access to live events and full-event replays requires an Xfinity TV subscription that includes the USA Network.

Live Event Schedule

(subject to change – all times local to Tokyo, Japan)

Time of Day

Friday, July 23

Saturday, July 24

Sunday, July 25

Monday, July 26

Morning

n/a

Boxing

11:00-14:15

Boxing

11:00-15:00

Basketball

10:00-12:00

Afternoon

n/a

n/a

Basketball

13:40-15:40

Basketball

Evening

Opening Ceremony

20:00-23:00

Beach Volleyball

20:00-22:50

Basketball

21:00-23:00

Gymnastics

18:00-21:00

Time of Day

Tuesday, July 27

Wednesday, July 28

Thursday, July 29

Friday, July 30

Morning

Basketball

10:00-12:00

Beach Volleyball

09:00-11:50

Beach Volleyball

Beach Volleyball

Afternoon

Basketball

Basketball

Basketball

Basketball

Evening

Gymnastics

18:45-21:00

Gymnastics

18:15-21:00

Athletics

19:00-22:00

Athletics

Time of Day

Sunday, August 1

Monday, August 2

Tuesday, August 3

Wednesday, August 4

Morning

Beach Volleyball

Beach Volleyball

Beach Volleyball

Beach Volleyball

Afternoon

Basketball

Basketball

Basketball

Basketball

Evening

Athletics

Athletics

Athletics

Athletics

19:00-23:00

Time of Day

Thursday, August 5

Friday, August 6

Saturday, August 7

Sunday, August 8

Morning

Beach Volleyball

Beach Volleyball

10:00-12:50

Beach Volleyball

10:00-12:50

Basketball

11:30-13:50

Afternoon

Basketball

16:00-18:00

Boxing

14:00-16:30

Boxing

Boxing

Evening

Athletics

Athletics

20:00-22:00

Athletics

20:00-22:20

Closing Ceremony

20:00-23:00

Additional Information

https://comca.st/36S2B86

https://comca.st/3eJrYx5

https://comca.st/3zAY9qP

https://comca.st/3eGbN3E

https://comca.st/3zma6jJ

https://comca.st/3rsWa4F

https://comca.st/3x6paRj

https://comca.st/3kFXu31

https://comca.st/3hSNCBa

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

The title of Olympic programming is

Olympic Games Tokyo 2020

Shouldn’t it be 2021?

Retired Employee

• 

5.9K Messages

@njlevett 

Welcome to the Xfinity Forum and thank you for posting your question here. According to the International Olympic Committee: "The leaders agreed that the Olympic Games in Tokyo could stand as a beacon of hope to the world during these troubled times and that the Olympic flame could become the light at the end of the tunnel in which the world finds itself at present. Therefore, it was agreed that the Olympic flame will stay in Japan. It was also agreed that the Games will keep the name Olympic and Paralympic Games Tokyo 2020."

For additional information on why the Olympic Games will keep the 2020 name, please see here: https://olympics.com/ioc/news/joint-statement-from-the-international-olympic-committee-and-the-tokyo-2020-organising-committee

Please let us know if you have any other questions. 

Contributor

• 

387 Messages

@njlevett Is there another olympic to confuse it with? Last year they said it was still going to be 2020.

Contributor

• 

179 Messages

3 years ago

Unable to get any live 4K UHD coverage to show up at all. Searching with remote shows ZERO 4k olympic content, live or on demand, nothing.... BTW, I have the highest channel package with XG1v4 set to 4k display mode and got the 4k on demand olympics last time around. Where is it 24 hours after the opening ceremony- nothing...

Retired Employee

• 

5.9K Messages

@tzr916

Thank you for posting your question here in the Xfinity Forum. Below you can find some additional details about what content is available in 4K for the Olympic Games.

Olympic Games Tokyo 2020

With X1, you’ll get live coverage of the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 in 4K UHD. Coverage is available in Dolby Vision HDR and Dolby Atmos immersive sound.

• Live Events include:
    • July 23, 2021: Opening Ceremony
      • Watch NBC's coverage of the Opening Ceremony live on Friday at 6:55 AM ET, and catch a special Primetime presentation focusing on Team USA at 7:30 PM ET.
    • August 8, 2021: Closing Ceremony
    • Nightly Primetime Show in most areas
  • Coverage includes popular sports like gymnastics, track & field, swimming, diving and beach volleyball.
  • Primetime Show replay is available the next day.

Additionally, you can catch:

• Men’s and women’s tennis on the Olympic Channel (July 24-August 1)
  • Men’s golf on the Golf Channel (July 29-August 1)
  • Wrestling on the Olympic Channel (August 1-7)
  • Women’s golf on the Golf Channel (August 4-7)

To find the Games in 4K UHD, you can:

• Say “Olympics” into your Xfinity Voice Remote to be taken to the Olympics Destination on X1. From there, go to the “Watch live now in 4K” row to go to the 4K UHD coverage.
  • Say “4K” into your Xfinity Voice Remote to be taken to the 4K Destination where you can go to the Olympics 4K UHD coverage.
  • Press the xfinity button on your remote, then press the down arrow to see Olympics options to watch.

Can I record live events in 4K?
No, live events in 4K cannot be recorded.

Additional information about Olympics Games 4K content, please see here: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/uhd-4k-faqs & https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/olympic-games-faqs

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

I can select the 4K Olympic content and sometimes it works, sometimes I get a message about 'You need to subscribe to this channel ' but mostly I just get the three ... that keep repeating.  The same thing happens when I select a sport that is the NBC Sports App (internet).  I just get the three dots over and over.

Retired Employee

• 

5.9K Messages

@jmarko_md 

We apologize for the inconvenience that you are experiencing. In these situations we recommend resetting your television equipment. You can reset your equipment by following the directions below. 

Restart from My Account Online

1. Log in to My Account.
  2. Scroll down and select Manage TV. You may also select this option from the Services tab, or you may select the specific TV Box you wish to restart from the Devices tab.
    My Account Manage TV option
  3. Select the Troubleshoot button.
    My Account Troubleshoot button
  4. Review the common solutions to make sure these issues aren’t affecting your service, and press Continue.
  5. You will be presented with two options:
    • System Refresh: Fixes most common issues including missing channels and problems with On Demand and DVR. This will restart all of the boxes inside your home and can take up to 10 minutes.
    • Restart Device: This will allow you to select one TV Box to restart. This fixes audio issues with slow performance, and it takes up to 5 minutes to complete. If you select Device Restart, you will be taken to the TV Box selection screen. From there, choose the box you’d like to restart, and then select Restart Device.
  6. Select your preferred method and press Start Troubleshooting.

Note: Do not unplug or turn off any of your TV boxes during the System Refresh or Device Restart. Your TV and recordings will be unavailable until the Refresh or Restart is complete.

Restart from the Xfinity My Account App

1. Open the Xfinity My Account app (available for iOS and Android.)
  2. Scroll down and select the TV tile.
  3. Select Troubleshoot.
    Troubleshoot option in My Account app
  4. You will be presented with two options:
    • System Refresh: The System Refresh fixes most common issues by restarting all of the boxes inside your home. This can take up to 10 minutes.
    • Restart Device: This will allow you to select one TV Box to restart. This can take up to 5 minutes to complete.
  5. Select your preferred method and press Start Troubleshooting. Do not unplug or turn off any of your TV boxes during the System Refresh or Device Restart.

Restart from the Help Menu

1. Press the A button on your remote control to access the Help menu.
  2. Press the OK button to select the Restart tile.
    The Troubleshooting section of the Help Menu. The
  3. Press the OK button again to select Restart.
  4. It may take a few moments for the TV Box to restart.
    Overlay screen states,

Restart Using the Power Button

If your TV has a Power button:

1. Ensure your cables are tightly secured.
  2. Press and hold the Power button located on the front of the TV Box for 10 seconds.
  3. The TV Box should automatically restart.

Restart Using the Power Cord

If your TV Box does not have a Power button (includes XG1v4 DVR TV Boxes and Xi5/Xi6 Wireless TV Boxes):

1. Unplug the TV Box for 10 seconds.
  2. Plug the TV Box back in.

Restart from Device Settings

1. Using the remote, press the xfinity button.
  2. Use the left arrow or right arrow button to highlight Settings (the gear icon). Press OK.
    The X1 TV box xfinity Guide menu. The gear icon, representing Settings, is selected.
  3. Use the down arrow button to highlight Device Settings. Press OK.
    The Settings Menu.
  4. Use the down arrow button to highlight Power Preferences. Press OK.
    The Device Settings Menu.
  5. Use the down arrow button to highlight Restart. Press OK.
    The Power Preferences Menu in the Device Settings section.
  6. Use the right arrow button to highlight Restart. Press OK.
    The Restart dialog box within the Power Preferences section of the X1 TV box Settings Menu.
  7. An X1 Welcome screen should display.
    The Welcome Screen on the X1 TV box which displays following a reboot.
  8. The TV Box will resume playing the previous channel.

Please let us know if you continue to experience this issue or have any additional questions. 

(edited)

Contributor

• 

179 Messages

3 years ago

No sign of live or on demand 4K UHD Olympics at all. Where is it??? We are now 24 hours after the opening ceremony, and nothing... Searching with remote shows ZERO 4k Olympic content, live or on demand, nothing.... BTW, I have the highest channel package with XG1v4 set to 4k display mode and got the 4k on demand olympics last time around, it was spectacular.

The big announcement says "250 hours of live 4K UHD coverage"... how? where? What channel is 4k? It's NOT my local NBC KCRA3 comcast ch703, so where?

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled 4k Olympics MIA

Contributor

• 

179 Messages

3 years ago

So no on demand 4k Olympics this time around? If you miss it [Edited: "Language"]

(edited)

Problem Solver

• 

892 Messages

Hi there @tzr916!

To find the Games in 4K UHD, you can:

• Say “Olympics” into your Xfinity Voice Remote to be taken to the Olympics Destination on X1. From there, go to the “Watch live now in 4K” row to go to the 4K UHD coverage.
  • Say “4K” into your Xfinity Voice Remote to be taken to the 4K Destination where you can go to the Olympics 4K UHD coverage.
  • Press the xfinity button on your remote, then press the down arrow to see Olympics options to watch.

I no longer work for Comcast.

Contributor

• 

179 Messages

3 years ago

Hmm, repeatedly posting the same links and faq's doesn't help me. Unfortunately if I use the Xfinity button, go to Search, and type 4k or 4k olympics, nothing comes up related to olympics. You might want to fix that. Yes, if I use the microphone and say 4k, then I do see the olympics in 4k come up. But nothing On Demand, it's only what's currently playing or what's coming up.

So the answer is no, there is not going to be On Demand 4k Olympics like before. We can only watch on your schedule. If we miss something, we are out of luck unless you are going to replay it (on your schedule).

Retired Employee

• 

5.9K Messages

@tzr916 

We apologize for the confusion. With X1, you’ll get live coverage of the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 in 4K UHD. This means, for the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 the only 4K content that is available is during live broadcasts. We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I'm trying to watch the "Full Schedule" sports on NBC Olympics.com. (The obscure sports, like handball, judo, et cetera that are not on regular TV.) I'm receiving the following message: 
Oops! Something went wrong
This network is not included in your current television subscription. Please contact your TV provider to subscribe. https://login.xfinity.com/h/tve_nbco_unauthorized_nochannel.html
When I follow the URL, I go to this page and see this message.

USA Network is not included in your current XFINITY TV service, but is required to stream most of NBCUniversal's coverage of the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 on NBCOlympics.com and the NBC Sports app.

You can still stream live events airing on NBC if NBC is included in your current XFINITY TV service.Dont have USA Network or NBC? Upgrade now.

Here's where it gets confusing: 
I logged into my Xfinity account and I apparently DO have an Xfinity subscription to both NBC and USA Network. 
But my computer doesn't recognize this for some reason. 
If you can contact me on [Edited: "Personal Information"] I would appreciate it. Thank you.
This comment was created from this reply

Retired Employee

• 

5.9K Messages

@user_45c7bf

Welcome to the Xfinity Forum and thank you for posting your question here. Here is some additional information to help you be able to watch your favorite sports.

How can I watch the Olympics on NBC's sites and apps with my Xfinity TV service?
You can access all of NBCUniversal's coverage of the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 at https://www.nbcolympics.com and on the NBC Sports app if you have USA Network in your Xfinity TV package and an Xfinity ID and password.

If you don't have USA Network, you can still watch live events airing on NBC and the Olympics primetime broadcast, at https://www.nbcolympics.com and on the NBC Sports app. All you need is Xfinity TV service that includes NBC and an Xfinity ID and password.

Additionally, access to Peacock Premium is included with Xfinity video service. For more information, including how to access Peacock, please see Peacock App on Xfinity Flex and Xfinity X1.

What are the online minimum browser and operating system requirements for the Olympics on NBC's sites and apps?
Refer to the FAQ/Help sections for NBCOlympics.com or NBC Sports.

What does the sign-in process involve?
At NBCOlympics.com or on the NBC Sports app it's as easy as selecting XFINITY from the provider list. If you're out of your home, you'll be prompted to enter your Xfinity ID and password to verify your Xfinity TV service. If you're in your home, we'll attempt to sign you in automatically.

How does automatic sign-in work?
We'll attempt to sign you in automatically whenever you're watching the Olympics at NBCOlympics.com or on the NBC Sports app from your home. If you have both Xfinity Internet and Xfinity TV, we'll match up the IP address assigned to your modem with the IP address from which you're trying to watch to verify your account automatically, so you can just sit back and enjoy the event.

Why am I seeing an Xfinity error message when I sign in to NBCOlympics.com or the NBC Sports app?
Some users may see one of the following errors after sign in:

• "USA network is not included in your current Xfinity TV service, but is required to stream most of NBCUniversal's coverage of the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 on NBCOlympics.com and the NBC Sports app" or
  • "This network is not included in your current Xfinity TV service."

These errors indicate that you don't have Xfinity TV service that includes NBC or USA Network. You can upgrade your service now. If you believe you've received either of these messages in error, please contact us.

I'm having problems accessing or viewing a video on NBCOlympics.com. Where can I find FAQs?
Refer to the FAQ/Help sections for NBCOlympics.com or NBC Sports app.

Additional Information

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/olympics-nbc-sites-apps-faqs

Please let us know if you have any additional questions or would like us to verify your current video subscription to ensure it includes both NBC and USA. 

(edited)

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

@user_45c7bf

Double check you actually have USA Network (can you access it on your cable box)? I subscribed to the sports package (inc. NBCSports) thinking it would give me NBCSports olympic access. But I kept getting this same error message as you. Comcast customer service had no idea why. I eventually hit upon the FAQs you posted, cancelled the sports package and subscribed to the entertainment package with USANetwork in it. All Olympic content on the NBCSports app now works. 

Of course, if you confirm you do have USA Network then my answer is of no help but thought it worth checking.  One confusing thing I found on the Xfinity page is when you click "My Channel Line Up" it doesn't actually show you the channels you have access to but just the channels you could have access to in your area (which doesn't make sense -- the use fo the word "my" suggests these are the ones you personally actually have available...ought to be called "Your Region's channel line up" to be accurat). So I was just looking at this and thought "ah, I do have USA Network" since it is listed there...but when I go to the Cable box it is not accessible and customer service confirmed I don't have it. That's why it is worth double checking.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

I’m having the same issues, no 4k prime time. Even searching for 4k turns up nothing.

Retired Employee

• 

5.9K Messages

@user_492406

Welcome to the Xfinity Forum and thank you for posting your question here. We sincerely apologize for the confusion regarding Olympics 4K content.

When your X1 TV Box is set up, it will automatically be set to the highest video output resolution possible for your TV, including 4K UHD. The best way to determine whether you can watch in 4K is to say "Device Settings" into the Xfinity Voice Remote and then select "Video Display." Across the top of that page will be three icons that identify 4K capability in both the TV Box and the TV. If the setup supports 4K, select "Video Output Resolution" to confirm the device is set to the best available resolution. Upon selecting, you should get a prompt to confirm the resolution. Select Yes and the device settings will be saved and 4K content will now play.

You can identify content that is available in 4K by looking for the small "4K" symbol on the content you are wanting to watch. The easiest way to locate all available 4K content, just say “4K” into your Xfinity voice remote or search "4K" to be taken to the Experience 4K UHD on X1 landing page that displays all 4K viewing options on X1 and Flex.

Please note, 4K UHD and 4K UHD/HDR viewing is currently only available to Xfinity X1 and Xfinity Flex customers, and requires a compatible Xfinity TV Box and compatible 4K TV.

Please let us know if you have any other questions or need anything else. 

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

@XfinityJessie 

I do have it set up for 4k and I’m still not getting anything. I have watched 4k content before on my x1 box so I’m not sure what is going on now. 

Retired Employee

• 

5.9K Messages

@user_492406 

We apologize again for the inconvenience that you are experiencing. Is the error that you are not seeing content or when attempting to play 4K content you receive an error? When using your voice remote and saying "Olympics 4K" are you able to see any content? If attempting to play and receiving an error, can you share what error message you are receiving?

Please keep in mind Olympics 4K content is only available for live events.

We look forward to hearing back from you.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Sorry it’s taken a week to write back, but still nothing. I can’t get anything 4K to show up on my box, olympics or anything else. But the box does say I’m set for 4k. I’ve tried resetting and still nothing.

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Hey user_492406! Thanks for writing back. I'd like to take a look at your account to make sure everything looks good for 4K services. As well as poke around to see if I can't find out what's going on. In order to get started can you please send me a direct message to Xfinity Support with your full name and full address by clicking the chat icon in the top right?

(edited)

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

I’m getting an error that I need to subscribe to watch prime time nbc programming in 4K….

Olympic channel 4K works fine but not nbc.  I called tech support and they said it’s a known issue but it hasn’t been fixed in 3 days.  

Retired Employee

• 

5.9K Messages

@Dac1123 

We apologize for the inconvenience that you are experiencing. In these situations we recommend resetting your television equipment. We find it can often resolve these type of issues. You can reset your equipment by following the directions below. 

Restart from My Account Online

1. Log in to My Account.
  2. Scroll down and select Manage TV. You may also select this option from the Services tab, or you may select the specific TV Box you wish to restart from the Devices tab.
    My Account Manage TV option
  3. Select the Troubleshoot button.
    My Account Troubleshoot button
  4. Review the common solutions to make sure these issues aren’t affecting your service, and press Continue.
  5. You will be presented with two options:
    • System Refresh: Fixes most common issues including missing channels and problems with On Demand and DVR. This will restart all of the boxes inside your home and can take up to 10 minutes.
    • Restart Device: This will allow you to select one TV Box to restart. This fixes audio issues with slow performance, and it takes up to 5 minutes to complete. If you select Device Restart, you will be taken to the TV Box selection screen. From there, choose the box you’d like to restart, and then select Restart Device.
  6. Select your preferred method and press Start Troubleshooting.

Note: Do not unplug or turn off any of your TV boxes during the System Refresh or Device Restart. Your TV and recordings will be unavailable until the Refresh or Restart is complete.

Restart from the Xfinity My Account App

1. Open the Xfinity My Account app (available for iOS and Android.)
  2. Scroll down and select the TV tile.
  3. Select Troubleshoot.
    Troubleshoot option in My Account app
  4. You will be presented with two options:
    • System Refresh: The System Refresh fixes most common issues by restarting all of the boxes inside your home. This can take up to 10 minutes.
    • Restart Device: This will allow you to select one TV Box to restart. This can take up to 5 minutes to complete.
  5. Select your preferred method and press Start Troubleshooting. Do not unplug or turn off any of your TV boxes during the System Refresh or Device Restart.

Restart from the Help Menu

1. Press the A button on your remote control to access the Help menu.
  2. Press the OK button to select the Restart tile.
    The Troubleshooting section of the Help Menu. The
  3. Press the OK button again to select Restart.
  4. It may take a few moments for the TV Box to restart.
    Overlay screen states,

Restart Using the Power Button

If your TV has a Power button:

1. Ensure your cables are tightly secured.
  2. Press and hold the Power button located on the front of the TV Box for 10 seconds.
  3. The TV Box should automatically restart.

Restart Using the Power Cord

If your TV Box does not have a Power button (includes XG1v4 DVR TV Boxes and Xi5/Xi6 Wireless TV Boxes):

1. Unplug the TV Box for 10 seconds.
  2. Plug the TV Box back in.

Restart from Device Settings

1. Using the remote, press the xfinity button.
  2. Use the left arrow or right arrow button to highlight Settings (the gear icon). Press OK.
    The X1 TV box xfinity Guide menu. The gear icon, representing Settings, is selected.
  3. Use the down arrow button to highlight Device Settings. Press OK.
    The Settings Menu.
  4. Use the down arrow button to highlight Power Preferences. Press OK.
    The Device Settings Menu.
  5. Use the down arrow button to highlight Restart. Press OK.
    The Power Preferences Menu in the Device Settings section.
  6. Use the right arrow button to highlight Restart. Press OK.
    The Restart dialog box within the Power Preferences section of the X1 TV box Settings Menu.
  7. An X1 Welcome screen should display.
    The Welcome Screen on the X1 TV box which displays following a reboot.
  8. The TV Box will resume playing the previous channel.

Please let us know if you continue to experience this issue or have any additional questions. 

(edited)

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

I’ve tried all of this.  

As I mentioned in my original post, Olympic Channel events are shown in 4K with no trouble. Additionally, when I called support I was told others have called with the same problem.  This is an issue on your end and needs to be addressed by your team.  There is no issue with my equipment. 

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

Why aren't all Comcast customers being treated equally when it comes to the live 4K HDR Olympic Nightly Primetime coverage? I'm in a market that is not listed at nbcolympics.com/4k , yet I pay the same amount as the Comcast customers listed in those markets that are receiving live coverage of the nightly Primetime coverage. I'm not able to watch the next day re-air at 2pm EDT because I'm working during that time like many other customers.

Retired Employee

• 

5.9K Messages

@Dac1123

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience that you are experiencing. We are aware of an issue that is preventing some customers from viewing 4K content on the NBC Sports App. We are working diligently to resolve this as soon as possible. If a device reset did not work, we recommend watching that content via the Xfinity Stream app or directly through the NBS Sports app/website. 

Again, we apologize for the inconvenience this has caused, we hope to have this fixed soon.  

Retired Employee

• 

5.9K Messages

@user_17d6fb

We sincerely apologize for the confusion and inconvenience the lack of NBC Sports App 4K content has caused. As your television provider, Xfinity provides you all available content offered in your area by the content provider. If an app or channel is only providing certain content in your area we can only pass along that content. If you would like additional information about the NBC Sports App and what content is available to your location, we recommend reviewing this information at https://www.nbcsports.com/FAQ#:~:text=the%20United%20States%3F-,A%3A%20Due%20to%20broadcasting%20regulations%2C%20NBC%20is%20only%20allowed%20to,video%20content%20on%20NBCSports.com or https://www.nbcolympics.com/4k

For additional information as to why your location may not have all available 4K content, you can contact NBC Sports App directly via https://www.nbcsports.com/FAQ#contactus

Please let us know if you have any other questions related to your Xfinity service. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

A 2020 Olympics HD Channel appear in my On Demand list, but when I click on it there is no content at all to choose from.  What is going on?

Retired Employee

• 

5.9K Messages

@user_97b0ae

Welcome to the Xfinity Forum and thank you for posting your question here. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience the lack of OnDemand content on your television box may have caused.  

In these situations we recommend resetting your equipment and trying again. To reset your equipment please follow the directions outlined here: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/x1-reboot-my-set-top-box

We also recommend using your x1 voice remote and say "Olympics" into it to get the full Olympics OnDemand experience. 

Please let us know if you continue to experience this issue after you have reset your equipment or if you have any other questions. 

(edited)

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Hi you say "Full-event replays will be available hours after completion of the live event" for all live gymnastics events. We have used this to watch gymnastics events that took place at 4 am ET when we woke up at 8/9/10 ET the past three mornings. This morning we wanted to watch the women's beam final that took place earlier at 4am but xfinity is not showing the full event replay under the gymnastics tab on our X1. The only events shown are the events from yesterday and earlier. Do you know what is going on? When will the womens beam event replay be put up on xfinity??

This comment was created from this reply

Retired Employee

• 

5.9K Messages

@kenroeberg19422

Thank you for your question and welcome to the Xfinity Forum. I believe the "Full-event replays" you are discussing are mentioned in my post as available via the NBC Olympics VR (Virtual Reality) by Xfinity App. You may also find full event replays on the NBC Sports App. For additional details on these two apps, see these articles:

We apologize for any confusion this may have caused. Please let us know if you have any other questions or need anything more from us. 

(edited)

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here