anbdkss4's profile

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Saturday, November 5th, 2022 8:22 PM

Closed

NHL Center Ice not working Xfinity App

I get center ice on my tv but all of a sudden, when I try to watch the game on the app on my phone or iPad it says a subscription is required.  This never happened before.  Anyone else?

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

2 years ago

Same here.  Channels finally work on TV but the app is not working.  How can Xfinity screw things up so bad?  

Regular Visitor

• 

10 Messages

2 years ago

Same! Was able to use the streaming app the last few days when the tv channels were not coming in. But now that tv channels have been restored, the app doesn’t work.  The error message on the app is “Subscription Required:: TVAPP-00203. Your subscription does not include this channel. Please choose another channel.” I paid for the NHL Center Ice subscription with Xfinity already. It shouldn’t be either the tv or the app, right? It should be both! 

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Hello, @Com31, when you have a moment use the Direct Messaging icon at the top of the page to send your name and service address to "Xfinity Support." We will help and take a closer look at service using the app. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Regular Visitor

• 

10 Messages

Thanks, I’d love to but the icon to create a direct message is greyed out, and I cannot even start typing. I don’t have any ad blockers or popup blockers on, so not sure what the problem is.

FWIW, I believe the problem with not being able to view NHL Center Ice channels is with the Xfinity streaming app, and not with me. I say this because others seems to have the same issue. Also, because I was able to view the Center Ice channels via the streaming app prior to 11/ 5/22, but not since then. I am a current subscriber to NHL Center Ice and can view the channels on my tv, just not through the app. 

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Very strange. If possible, could you please create your own Xfinity Community Forums post with your issue? Once you create your own forums post, we can review again and comment on your parent post. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Having the same exact problem today.  PLUS.....I can't get the NY Rangers Channel AT ALL!!!

Official Employee

• 

933 Messages

Hello, there is a known issue at this time with NHL Center Ice, we are working to fix it. I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused. 

I no longer work for Comcast.

Problem Solver

• 

497 Messages

2 years ago

Hi, @

Have you checked to see if there is an update for the app or the device you are using? 

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

@XfinityOtto​ 

The app does not need an update.  Your system is the problem.  It needs fixed…enough is enough.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Same issue here. Spent over an hour on phone. XFINITY is clueless.

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

Still no luck on tv or streaming I need to switch to at&T as I cant watch my beloved Rangers for last 3 weeks

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

@user_8b4e91 Thank you for bringing this to our attention, that you are experiening the same issue. We have issued a ticket for this, and are working to resolve the issue. Not everyone is experiencing the issue, so it's something we ar monitoring closely but reported users. We truly appreciate you working with the Community Forums Team to bring awareness of your experience in the subscription. As of right now, the temporary solution is to watch your subscription from your TV box if you have one. I would be delighted to work with you on connecting your service experience to the ticket that has been issued. To begin, can you please send a Direct Message with your name, the name on your account, the service address we will be working with this evening? 

To send a "Peer to peer" message:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send it

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

Now my Streaming is working, but my main TV access to Center Ice, specifically Buffalo Sabres, is not.

How does this happen?

Regular Visitor

• 

10 Messages

2 years ago

ISSUE RESOLVED.  As of Monday 11/14, I can now view NHL Center Ice channels from the Xfinity stream app. It finally seems to recognize that I have a paid Center Ice subscription! I didn’t change anything on my end but I did notice that there was an Xfinity stream app update earlier today. “Bug fixes” it said. I guess that solved it. Thanks!

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here