tkwagnersr's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Tuesday, January 15th, 2019 2:00 PM

Closed

Missing local radio stations from channel lineup

Today I discovered that local radio stations were no longer on my channel lineup. I live in Berkeley California and as recently as last Saturday had local FM stations on my channel list. However today they were gone. I contacted xfinity tech support and they said several people had reported this issue. I’m wondering how widespread this is and/or if anyone else has a solution. Thanks in advance.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Accepted Solution

Retired Employee

• 

5.9K Messages

5 years ago

All,

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you. We removed FM Radio from our line-up, because we no longer have the capability to carry it. We notified you about this change in bill starting on Nov. 15. You can find similar entertainment on X1 TV Apps like Pandora, iHeart, Xite, and NPR one.

When doing a quick search on the iHeart Radio app on Xfinity X1 set top boxes I was able to find a good amount of KQED content (see image below). For additional information on how to use the iHeart Radio app on Xfinity X1 set top boxes, see here: https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/TV/ANSWERED-How-to-get-iHeartRadio-on-Xfinity-X1/ta-p/3086212

**NOTE**: You do not need to download anything or log into the iHeart Radio app to use this service directly on your Xfinity X1 set top box.

KQED Programming on iHeart Radio AppKQED Programming on iHeart Radio App

Frequently Asked Questions

Why did this happen?

Comcast regularly examines programs and channels in an effort to provide the best overall entertainment choices and content customers want the most. 

I signed an agreement for my service. It's not fair to remove a channel that was included in the promotion.

We know that it is upsetting to lose a channel that you like. Our promotional offers provide discounted pricing off of our services. However, we may rearrange or change programming, features or offerings that are a part of our services, even those that we provide under a promotional offer. We regularly evaluate our XFINITY TV to ensure it includes the best combination of programming options to appeal to our customers.

Again, we sincerely appologize for the inconveince this has caused. We can completely understand your frustration. Please remember when utilizing these forums, you have hereby agreed to the rules, policies, and guidelines contained within our Forum Guidelines and our Forum Accpetable Use Policy as well as any other posted documents throughout the community. Any posts that violate said guidelines will be removed or edited. This includes posts containing personal information, inflammatory remarks, and/or solicitation of any kind. For more information about our Forum Guidelines and our Forum Acceptable Use Policy please see here: https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Guidelines/Xfinity-Forum-Guidelines/td-p/3115028 & here: https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Guidelines/Xfinity-Forum-Acceptable-Use-Policy/td-p/2618379

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

What happened to the radio stations that were above channel 950?

Frequent Visitor

• 

5 Messages

5 years ago

i live in Castro Valleey CA and have the same problem with loss of KQED radio and other radio stations.

When I called support they were not aware of the change and not really aware there had been radio stations in the channel lineup. They suggested using iHeart radio or the internet app, but it is not carried on iHeart (except a few podcasts) and a pain to get to with the internet app.

PLEASE RESTORE DIRECT ACCESS TO RADIO STATIONS.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I just discovered the missing channels as well. It's time to reconsider my cable options. I really liked them

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Yes it is a problem in Marin and I have contacted their customer support and they called this morning and are putting their Tier two team on it!  Here is some history:

https://www.sfgate.com/business/article/Comcast-to-restore-30-FM-radio-stations-Some-2625920.php

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

This article is from 2005

Frequent Visitor

• 

15 Messages

5 years ago

Me too and Comcast said all the fm stations were not available on my package

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Couple of days ago we lost all access to radio stations. We listen to Kdfc classical radio through our Comcast service 24 hours a day,  except when we listen to Kqed radio or a few others for special shows. Please restore our direct access to radio stations through Comcast Xfinity. If it is not restored soon I will need to install other streaming services throughout My home and get rid of  Xfinity. 

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Comcast again refuses to serve the public and keep the local radio stations. Time to change cable companies. 

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

Hi so I usually wake up in the morning and listen to the local radio through the TV.  Yesterday night I go to turn on the TV and to my surprise all the channels with local radio are gone. Is this a mistake or have the channels been officially removed?

Gold Problem Solver

• 

7.8K Messages

5 years ago

I don't remember cable carrying local radio for a long time. Were they treated like local channels? Maybe they were a local TV station's subchannels that Comcast was passing on?

Frequent Visitor

• 

15 Messages

5 years ago

My Comcast subscription package for years included 29 digital FM radio stations.  They abruptly disappeared this week.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Same here. I'm so angry about this I'm trying to find where to send a scathing complaint into Comcast.  It's not like we haven't been paying for this all along.  I live in a valley with very poor over-the-air reception.  iHeart radio doesn't carry everything I want to listen to.  Its just really ridiculous Comcast discontinued the FM neighborhood.  

I called day before yesterday and was told (a) this is a channel lineup change, sorry then when I escalated was told (b) this is a known system error and they're working on it.  Yeah.  

Frequent Visitor

• 

15 Messages

5 years ago

At first I thought it was a technical problem, but an hour on the phone with a technician or three confirmed it is not.  I do have an appointment this afternoon with a technician, but I believe it is a policy decision, and if so, , as well as the stations we love and which are now missing; for me they are especially KQED, KDFC, KPFA, KCSM.   

Frequent Visitor

• 

15 Messages

5 years ago

I thought I had a technical problem for the past several days,  and had an hour on the phone on Wednesday Jan 16 with technicians regarding my inability to receive local digital FM radio stations on Comcast; I will see a technician this afternoon.  However, it seems that Comcast has summarily and without explanation eliminated these channels from their lineup, and I want to know why, and demand that they return.  Local stations like KQED, KDFC, KPFA, and KCSM are vital community assets and should be part of subscriber packages along with the other 25 or so channels.  I will be mailing these station executives, as well as my legislators, mayors, supervisors to demand Comcast return these FM stations to the air.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here