U

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Friday, April 21st, 2023 6:23 PM

Closed

how can I not pay for Fox?

​Fox is going to start charging carriers more as a result of its settlement with Dominion. I really don't want to pay anything for Fox (any Fox really, but Fox News in particular). Wouldn't it be great if Xfinity could offer a little plan [Edited: "Political"]? That way I wouldn't have to pay for Fox [Edited: "Inflammatory"], and the Fox viewers wouldn't be bothered by having to pay for MSNBC or whatever. It would be a win-win!​

Official Solution

Official Employee

• 

974 Messages

1 year ago

Hi there, @user_823f09, thank you for taking the time to reach out to us through our Xfinity Forums. I know price increases can be annoying, but they do help us consistently improve our products and services, strengthen our network, invest in new technology, and cover the rising costs of doing business. Offering packages of channels to our customers, rather than offering channels on an a la carte basis, provides both the widest variety of content and the best value. 

This comment was created from this reply

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@XfinityValerie​ I no longer want to pay for Fox News. Please do what you can to reduce their carriage fees or preferably do make me pay for them. 

Problem Solver

• 

766 Messages

1 year ago

How do you not pay for Fox? Easy - you don't get any of the packages that it is in. Getting people to pay for channels they will never watch is pretty much the entire point of packages in the first place, so having "pick and choose" or "a la carte" packages is not going to happen any time soon - and even if it did, I have a feeling that so many Xfinity viewers would abandon Fox News's competitors, like CNN and MSNBC, that those stations would raise their fees significantly to make up for it.

Then again, if Xfinity plays hardball with Fox over this the same way it does with, say, Altitude Sports or MSG, there's a good chance everybody will lose Fox News, at least temporarily.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

1 year ago

Can we take our Fox News monthly cost off our bill? $2.60!

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled No more Fox News

Expert

• 

30.9K Messages

@user_4c9dd7 

​Can we take our Fox News monthly cost off our bill? $2.60!​

I'm sorry.  You cannot take Fox News off your monthly bill.  It is part of a package that appeals to a board spectrum of customers.  You can either ignore the channel or remove your cable subscription.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick

Problem Solver

• 

637 Messages

@user_4c9dd7 That is a great question! If Fox News is included in the package that you are currently subscribed to, it cannot be removed as an individual channel. Our packages/channel line ups come 'pre-loaded' so to speak, with specific channels and networks. Additional things such as premiums can be added to an account like Showtime and HBO! Please let us know what other questions you may have!

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

1 year ago

Don’t let Fox News raise my bill. 

I’ve been a loyal customer, and I’m asking that you reject any demands from Fox for a rate increase. It’s unfair for customers like me to pay more for a channel we don’t watch and don’t support.

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled NO FOX FEE

Gold Problem Solver

• 

5.9K Messages

@billmich88888 

There is a way to report posts found with a forum violation without being public posted.

If you look to the right on the line with your name you will find 3 dots. It opens a short menu. Select Inappropriate and enter the reason. An employee who has permission to edit or remove posts will handle it.

Retired Expert

Gold Problem Solver

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

1 year ago

Please do not renew Fox News. Ever.  

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled How to cancel Fox News

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

1 year ago

I resent having Fox News foisted on me by Xfinity, while I have to pay extra to access legitimate cable News channels. Ger rid of Fox. Let people who want it pay for it.

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled Revoke Fox News Sweetheart Deal

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

1 year ago

​Comcast bills all of us several dollars monthly to subsidize Fox Corp whether we watch their content or not. [Edited: "Political"]

​Comcast enables this by charging us all high monthly fees to subsidize Fox Corp so they collect record profits even as advertisers cease working with the [Edited: "Inflammatory"] network.​

​Why does Comcast force all viewers to pay these fees so that Fox remains profitable?​

[Edited: "Political"]

​Fox Corp. CEO Lachlan Murdoch recently described how the company aims to renegotiate ​​the ​​fees Comcast (and other cable providers) forces us to pay​​ now so that we will pay even higher monthly fees as continued handouts to Fox. [Edited: "Inflammatory"]

[Edited: "Inflammatory"]

​Comcast needs to reduce or eliminate monthly fees we pay to subsidize Fox Corp now [Edited: "Inflammatory"]

[Edited: "Inflammatory"]

​We cannot continue to pay these handouts rewarding Fox [Edited: "Inflammatory"]

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled Comcast needs to stop subsidizing Fox Corp with high monthly broadcast carriage fees

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

1 year ago

​Fox News and Comcast are currently in contract negotiations. As cable customers we all pay over $2 a month for Fox News. They are trying to negotiate a raise upwards of maybe $4 per customer towards our bills. I will not accept a raise in my bill to go towards any type of contract agreement with Fox News. ​

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled Fox News contract negotiations

Official Employee

• 

974 Messages

Hi there, @user_823f09, thank you for taking the time to reach out to us through our Xfinity Forums. I know price increases can be annoying, but they do help us consistently improve our products and services, strengthen our network, invest in new technology, and cover the rising costs of doing business. Offering packages of channels to our customers, rather than offering channels on an a la carte basis, provides both the widest variety of content and the best value. 

This reply has been converted into a comment

I no longer work for Comcast.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

1 Message

As a 25+year customer, if I hear that Comcast renewed their contract with Fox News I will drop my cable subscription like a hot potato.  With all the other choices I will not miss it.  That toxic mess of a channel needs to stop breaking people's brains and hurting our democracy, and Comcast should not be helping them.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

1 year ago

I’m with you. I don’t want to pay for Fox either. 

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

1 year ago

@XfinityValerie wrote: "... I know price increases can be annoying, but they do help us consistently improve our products and services, strengthen our network, invest in new technology, and cover the rising costs of doing business ..."

And, in the case of Fox "News", those price increases support the broadcast of dangerous lies, support for insurrection, Russian propaganda, racism, sexism, etc., etc. The channel is a threat to our Republic as it chips away at the foundations of representative government in favor of establishment of a strong-man dictatorship. Do you imagine that an authoritarian leader would not exert a great deal of control over what can and cannot be broadcast and what can and cannot be carried by cable systems? Comcast is shooting itself in the foot, and taking the nation along with it.

Our country is in danger. It is unacceptable that customers who wish to have any news channels are forced to pay for such dangerous and corrosive trash. 

Please be aware that there are 2 kinds of responses in this Forum: Replies and Comments. When you Comment on a post by scrolling down to "Comment on this post here...", I am notified of your response. But if you select Reply, I am NOT notified and may not be aware of your response.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here