user_5b0fd4's profile

Contributor

• 

142 Messages

Wednesday, April 5th, 2023 6:16 PM

Closed

Guide not showing upcoming episodes

I'm having trouble with the guide. I select a program like ABC national news at 5:30pm Chicago time click on episodes than select upcoming and it says "there are no upcoming airings available at this time" Now you now this show is on every day at this time. Same thing like a soap opera like General Hospital. Should I try a restart?

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

1 year ago

Thank you for posting, is the guide issues happening on all TV boxes or just one box in particular & is this issue happening with all channel networks?

Contributor

• 

142 Messages

1 year ago

All boxes but not all channels.

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

I would try doing a hard reboot on all the cable boxes by unplugging the power cord from the back of the box for30 seconds & plugging back in, at times the scheduling information does not always show up instantly which would be due to networks possible conflicts with live tv or possible changes with network programming.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Contributor

• 

142 Messages

1 year ago

Unplugged all my boxes no change.

Problem Solver

• 

828 Messages

@user_5b0fd4

Sorry for any confusion on my end. Just to clarify, when you look at the channel guide, some channels are not displaying any info, but you can still view the program if you wanted to? I just want to make sure I am on the same page as you are.

We may want to refresh your service entitlements. For me to do this, I'll need access to your account. Could you please send us a direct message with your full name and address? To send a direct message, please click on the "Chat" icon in the upper right hand corner (left of the notification bell), then click on the "notepad/pencil" icon, and lastly Xfinity Support. Thank you for taking the time to work with us on this issue you are experiencing. 

I no longer work for Comcast.

Contributor

• 

142 Messages

1 year ago

Not quite. If I'm watching a program and I want to see when the next episode is on I click on the info button then hit episodes, scroll over to upcoming and it says there are no episodes upcoming. Like I said about ABC news you know it's on everyday but upcoming says no episodes upcoming. I will do the chat later.

Contributor

• 

142 Messages

1 year ago

I don't know if I got the chat correct.  I posted my name and address but I ended up on a message I was using a couple months ago. The same thread I tried to use a couple days ago and got a very nasty response telling me I am not allowed to post there.

(edited)

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

1 year ago

I’ve been having the same issue for the past 4 weeks.  On my scheduled series recording, new episodes only, there is No info. under Upcoming.  It says “ there are no upcoming airings available at this time”, when I can plainly see on the guide for that day and time, and the next week on that day and time that there are at least 2 new episodes Upcoming!!  It even says that on TV shows that I don’t have set up to record.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

1 year ago

Same here for months at least two . This has got to be fixed. I'm tired of paying for shows that I can't see or miss because of " issues, that don't seem to be getting fixed. 

Visitor

• 

11 Messages

1 year ago

Yes I’ve refreshed, restarted, unplugged, and done everything but change boxes (which I hear doesn’t work) and it’s the same. Now every time I turn on the tv it reverts back to the same channel too (CBS) rather than whatever channel it was last on. Been that way for a month.

Problem Solver

• 

847 Messages

@M-Wolverine​ everyone is experiencing this right now. No amount of reboots or box replacements will fix it.  The issue is with Comcast's X1 Platform. 

Visitor

• 

11 Messages

Sure, but they closed the original thread saying “solved” when it’s not.

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

I greatly appreciate you giving that a try. If interested, the next step would be to swap out the equipment to see if that helps resolve the issue. You can visit a local Xfinity Store or we can look into shipping the device (Charges may apply). I would recommend swapping from a local Xfinity store in order to avoid additional charges. You can find the closest Xfinity Store by visiting our "Xfinity Retail Store Locator and Service Center Locations" web page. How would you like to proceed with the account?

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

11 Messages

Who are you taking to? You’re not even in the right thread. Switching the box doesn’t do anything, it been reported.

https://forums.xfinity.com/conversations/x1/guide-not-showing-upcoming-episodes/642dd9974d04032f94617259

I’d like to proceed by someone at Comcast finally doing something about it and fix their data they’re feeding to us giving many people the same problem, rather than blame it on hundreds of local equipment all failing at the same time in the same way. 

Official Employee

• 

2.3K Messages

We do recommend trying to swap out the box as this has been a fix for others. I understand that you have not tried this step correct?

Contributor

• 

25 Messages

1 year ago

Still broken as of today on TV interface. But it works on the streaming app! When will TV interface get fixed!?

Contributor

• 

25 Messages

I can confirm yes it’s working again on the DVR interface!

Contributor

• 

142 Messages

1 year ago

Upcoming episodes is working now. The so called Comcast experts said you had to all kind of things. I did nothing and it looks like Comcast fixed it.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here