westsideschl1's profile

New Poster

• 

13 Messages

Wednesday, April 5th, 2023 8:27 PM

Closed

Guide Not Showing Upcoming Episodes

Past month, March/April 2023, my X1 cable box guide has been either not showing upcoming episodes or wrong episodes: Three examples: "Dr. Oakley" & "American's Funniest Videos"  both say under "Upcoming", "There are no upcoming airings available at this time." Yet, when I manually scroll through to their past airing dates on channels ABC & Nat Geo Wild they are listed as new episodes for the upcoming two weeks. "The Voice", NBC, under upcoming, shows only one episode that aired almost three weeks ago. Also, the subcategories of "New" and "Repeat" are no longer listed. This issue seems to affect all listings either through search or saved favorite. Thanks

Official Solution

New Poster

• 

13 Messages

1 year ago

1. Guide problem of incorrectly listing (actually it's not listing) upcoming episodes of TV shows (but correctly listing upcoming NBA playoff games). Problem solved. I exchanged the current X1 cable box for the previous older XG2, box and it is now correctly listing all upcoming new episodes of TV shows.

2. Problem #2 is the terrible (Worst I've ever seen from a business.) customer & tech support service in providing help with the pixelation/tiling issue (50% of the time either lower 30% of screen horizontally distorted or the other 50% of the time a central moving image gets smeared often with little checkerboard type squares). Both more severe in the evenings. Note: They keep blaming the interior solid shielded coax copper (an element that can exist for a thousand years unchanged) wire from wall to box which makes zero sense. 

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

@westsideschl1​  Same problem with new shows not appearing at all , do I take boxes back

Problem Solver

• 

908 Messages

@westsideschl1

Hey there! So glad to hear that the guide issue is resolved. Thank you so much for sharing the solution with us and the community!

For the next issue, please begin a new post for assistance. This best helps assist you and others in the community having the same issues as you. 

I will be closing this post as the issue has been resolved.

I no longer work for Comcast.

Problem Solver

• 

577 Messages

1 year ago

@westsideschl1 Hello and good afternoon, and thank you for reaching out here over our Xfinity Community Forum. I am so sorry to hear that your guide is not showing the correct information, that would definitely be really frustrating! You have reached the right place, and we would be more than happy to help in getting to the bottom of this! Are you having the same issue on just one box at the moment, or more than one? -Christopher

(edited)

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

@XfinityChristopher​  I just have one cable box. I'm on my third one in the past few months in trying to solve a pixelation issue. I wasn't paying attention to guide listing issues. I had a tech come out to check my cables (one splitter at the wall with a cable to the box & one to the modem/router which is working fine); he found no issues. He said he doesn't work on software guide type issues. The guide stopped working either with the latest box or just prior; not sure because I was focused on solving pixelation. I showed him how the guide did not list upcoming episodes for most, if not all, TV programs either in "My List" or with a search. When we went to each programs' channel & scrolled to the day & time for each week up to two weeks the new episode was visible & manually able to schedule record. An additional guide issue: "Upcoming" no longer shows the subcategories of "New" & "Repeat".

Interestingly in "My List" "Sports" teams in the NBA playoffs, Lakers & Kings, did immediately & accurately appear. The problem seems to be isolated to "TV Show" listings. 

Problem Solver

• 

567 Messages

Thanks for letting us know about this. We'd love to further investigate this issue together. Would you be willing to send us a private message with your full name and address?

To send a "Peer to peer" ("Private") message:

Click "Sign in" if necessary

-Click the "Direct Message" icon (square chat icon in the upper right corner of your screen next to the bell icon)

-Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

-Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list that appears, and the "Xfinity Support" graphic will replace the "To:" line

-Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

-Press Enter to send it

New Poster

• 

13 Messages

Address just sent. Thanks Also, still have pixilation issue which seems more prominent evenings especially data intensive like a basketball game. 

New Poster

• 

13 Messages

1 year ago

A bit more information: "Return to Amish" the guide says only upcoming is 4/18, S7/E4 (that episode actually shown a week ago); watch on XFIN, yet a manual scroll through TLC gives me S7/E5 to be recorded on Tuesday 4/11 (tomorrow) & S7/E6 on 4/18. Another example: "The Voice" also gives the only upcoming episode for 4/22, S23/E10 & watch on XFIN, but I recorded it live all ready on 4/4, and E11 being recorded right now on NBC as I type.  

New Poster

• 

13 Messages

1 year ago

An added note, perhaps partial explanation, on Sports NBA teams playoff listings automatically showing up iin my guide programming is that at the moment they don't have subcategories such as Upcoming because it's just single game date/time certainty at this early stage. 

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

1 year ago

I have the same issue for a month now.

Contributor

• 

142 Messages

1 year ago

Same problem here. General Hospital which you know is in every day shows nothing upcoming.

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

1 year ago

I’ve had the same issue with no Upcoming episodes listed or showing under Upcoming, for a month now.

Problem Solver

• 

606 Messages

@user_319a92 I would like to assit you to find out more about what is going on and get this resolved. What trouleshooting if any have you tried?

Contributor

• 

142 Messages

1 year ago

I did the troubleshooting with some Xfinity guy on the DM. He was sending signals to my box and nothing happened. Then he wanted to send a tech to my house. The problem is with Xfinity not my equipment.   

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

@user_5b0fd4​ The same for me, over and over.  They try troubleshooting with me over the phone and when that doesn’t fix the issue, they send a Technician in person, twice now back to back two weeks in a row, and when he couldn’t fix the issue, he swaps out my DVR box, and that doesn’t fix the issue either and only looses my saved movie recordings on my 4K DVR box!

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

I have the same issue this whole month of April. On one tv I use xfinity box it shows no upcoming events on shows that definitely have upcoming events. On other tv I stream through xfinity app and those shows come up in upcoming events with no issue. Definitely something going on with xfinity. 

Problem Solver

• 

1.1K Messages

@user_4a74b7 

Thank you for reaching out to the Digital Care Team. I hate to hear this has been your experience and would love to investigate this for you! Please send us a message with your first and last name, as well as house numbers to your service address. To send a "Direct Message" message:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary
  • Click the "Direct Message" icon
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send it”

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

1 year ago

EXACTLY like the same issues. The New TLC Love in paradise, new season won't even pull up to play , I couldn't even record the first episode, because guide was still showing last season. And no upcoming even though the new season has begun. It's been like this for months with shows I either can't watch or record and I'm sick of it. COMCAST / Xfinity. I pay you a lot of $ .to watch what I want to and pay to watch and still can't . Fix this please 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here