ebl11's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, August 21st, 2013 7:00 AM

Closed

Fox Sports 2

As a NASCAR fan, I was afraid that I would not be able to see the same racing events that I used to see on Speed when they rebranded the channel this past weekend.  I was just proven correct.  I now won't be able to see the Whelan Modified race that is airing on FoxSports 2 from Bristol tonight as Comcast doesn't have Fox Sports 2 in the channel lineup.  I was able to watch it last year when it was on Speed.

I strongly encourage Comcast to rectify this situation and add Fox Sports 2 to the lineup.  If I can't watch the things I want to watch because the channel isn't available, then I'm going to look for a cable provider who can provide it.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I just missed the Monster Energy Cup with Supercross. It is a big event and I don't agree with it not being shown on a major network so everyone can watch it. You would think that xFinity would have FS2 considering how much money they charge us monthly. I'm considering going back to Direct Tv.

Frequent Visitor

• 

8 Messages

6 years ago

Ya I pay over $200 a month for internet, cable,and home phone and I just had to drive 35 minutes to my parents house to watch Monster Energy Cup Supercross because I dont get FS2 (but I get FS1...confusing). And while I was there watch about 5 ATV motocross races I had them DVR for me because I dont get MAV TV channel either. Considering my parents pay less than half of what I do with Direct TV and I'm upgraded to X1 Platform, I think Comcast should at minimum offer the channels Direct TV does.

Regular Contributor

• 

148 Messages

6 years ago

So I'm all set up to watch the Petite Le Mans. Got my coffee. The first hour, so far so good. Second hour, a fricking college football game starts. IMSA lied. Either that or Comcast and Fox Sports lied to IMSA. Sorry to anyone who I told would be able to watch the race in it's entirety. I didn't know that we were being lied to. I guess that's just the way it is in todays modern discourse. I just went with what I was told.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Are there any plans to bring FS2 to Jacksonville? I'm a big Australian Rules fan, yet FS2 is the main place they carry it alongside Fox Soccer Plus (which, you guessed it, if you don't get FS2, that won't come up either even with Fox Sports GO). Not to mention other big soccer matches I cover for a podcast get bumped to FS2. I've been a Comcast/Xfinity customer for some 15 years, so I would love for this to be rectified so I avoid shopping around and going elsewhere.

Contributor

• 

79 Messages

6 years ago

I upped my plan to the Sports Package so I could get the various ESPN outlets to follow F1.  I went to FS2 that is on my cable system only to be told 'Not Authorized'.  Bull droppings!

Gold Problem Solver

• 

18.9K Messages

6 years ago

@mmi16 wrote:

I upped my plan to the Sports Package so I could get the various ESPN outlets to follow F1.  I went to FS2 that is on my cable system only to be told 'Not Authorized'.  Bull droppings!

Apologies for any confusion we may have caused.

Fox Sports 2 is not included in the Sports Entertainment Package. Fox Sports 2 in your area (channel 279 and 1209) is available as a part of our Digital Preferred level of service. 

ESPNU and ESPNNews are included in either the Sports Entertainment package or Digital Preferred level of service. 

The channel lineup for your area is attached. Also, you can check out https://customer.xfinity.com/local-channel-lineup

1 Attachment

Gold Problem Solver

• 

18.9K Messages

6 years ago

@superviewer wrote:
Are there any plans to bring FS2 to Jacksonville? I'm a big Australian Rules fan, yet FS2 is the main place they carry it alongside Fox Soccer Plus (which, you guessed it, if you don't get FS2, that won't come up either even with Fox Sports GO). Not to mention other big soccer matches I cover for a podcast get bumped to FS2. I've been a Comcast/Xfinity customer for some 15 years, so I would love for this to be rectified so I avoid shopping around and going elsewhere.

Apologies, we don't have any additional areas to announce just yet for Fox Sports 2.  I have shared your request and passion with the right teams here at Comcast.  

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

So b/c I live in NJ I'm not able to get FS2? I most likely pay higher taxes than anyone else...what a crime. I'm moving.

Regular Contributor

• 

148 Messages

6 years ago

I'm sorry you do not get FS2 in NJ. A day late and a dollar short, I opened my bill this month an found out that we are getting FS2 in standard def only. My first thought? Hooray? At LAST!!? No, none of those. It was "meh". 

You see, my interest in being able to receive FS2 was predicated on the fact I would be able to see more motorsports. Every year that the 24 hours of Daytona comes around, or the Le Mans 24 hours, Fox would show the first hour or two on FS1, or on their main broadcast affilliate. Then the rest of the race, on year including the finish, was bumped to FS2 so they could show a NCAA DIvision 20 game of tiddly winks on FS1. 

Fox is now getting out of the motorsports buisiness. Rumor has it that even NASCAR is on it's way out at FOX. Gone is the "Hollywood Hotel" travelling studio, bringing the insight of another set of hosts to each race. Now they'll be at a central location, like the talking heads during the football broadcasts. Word is that when the next contract is up for grabs, NASCAR will be looking for a single media company, probably NBC. 

So now, with FS2 available in December, I'll be able to watch a tractor pull from Cornville Iowa, or a pig race from anywhere in Oklahoma.

That leaves me here, after....I don't know how many posts I've made on this topic..for four years now, at a point where I really don't care any more. I now have more racing to watch than I can possibly keep up with, thanks to YouTube and series run streaming packages, and all this without commercial breaks. To all who still regret not being able to access FS2, keep up the good fight, there may be something you want to see on FS2; however as I've made clear, IMOHO.....You aren't missing anything.

Needless to say, this is my final word on the matter: "meh".

New Poster

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I live in Lynchburg, VA now. I moved from Louisville. I have always had FS2 and now I don’t see it in my lineup. I don’t even remember ever having a problem not getting a channel with AT&T or TIME WARNER so why now? Come to think of it I don’t get ID either which is Investigative Discovery. When I go to the options page to add channels it’s not on any list. Please add this channel. I am huge UFC fan and I’m missing out. I shouldn’t have to go to a friends house to watch my favorite program. I will have to switch carriers soon.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

18.9K Messages

6 years ago

@Akatsuki wrote:
I live in Lynchburg, VA now. I moved from Louisville. I have always had FS2 and now I don’t see it in my lineup. I don’t even remember ever having a problem not getting a channel with AT&T or TIME WARNER so why now? Come to think of it I don’t get ID either which is Investigative Discovery. When I go to the options page to add channels it’s not on any list. Please add this channel. I am huge UFC fan and I’m missing out. I shouldn’t have to go to a friends house to watch my favorite program. I will have to switch carriers soon.

Apologies for any confusion we may have caused.

Fox Sports 2 in your area (channel 737 and 1209) is available as a part of our Digital Preferred level of service.

Investigation Discovery (ID) is also available in your area (channel 111 and in HD on channel 1444) as a part of our Digital Starter package. 

The channel lineup for your area is attached. Also, you can check out https://customer.xfinity.com/local-channel-lineup

1 Attachment

Contributor

• 

21 Messages

6 years ago

Couple quick questions for those of you who have acccess Fox Sports 2:

• Is it still in standard definition?
  • Do you have access to Fox Sports 2 content through the Fox Sports Go app and is it in HD?

Gold Problem Solver

• 

612 Messages

6 years ago

mnsportsgeek: I get FS2 in HD. It is available thru both Fox Sports GO and Fox Now iPhone apps. (Where it is also HD.) Those apps let you screen mirror to the TV with the HDMI adapter doodad unlike the Xfinity Streaming app.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

18.9K Messages

6 years ago

Fox Sports 2 is scheduled to be added in additional Comcast areas this month (listed below). Thanks for your patience. 

Arkansas
Little Rock, Eastern Arkansas

Connecticut
Bristol, Hartford, Bolton, Berlin, Branford, Danbury, Hamden, Norwich, New London, Seymour, Shelton, Waterbury  

Delaware
New Castle County 

Florida 

Panama City, Marianna, Tallahassee, Jacksonville, St. Augustine, Yulee, Alachua County, Lake City, Live Oak, Palataka, Welaka, Celebration, Debary,  Lake County, Marion County, Whisper Lakes,  Orlando, Tampa, Cape Coral, Cape Haze, Ft. Myers, Marco Island, Port Charlotte, Sarasota, Venice 

Georgia
Brunswick, St.  Marys, Hinesville,  Metter,  Savannah

Illinois

Algonquin, Elgin, Champaign, Danville, Indianola, Chicago, Dekalb, Rochelle,  Cicero, Elmhurst, Evanston, Morton Grove, Homewood, McHenry, Lake Zurich, Northbrook, Rolling Meadows, Schaumburg, Skokie, Dixon, Kewanee, Ladd, Mendota, Princeton, Rockford, Sterling, Rock Falls, Bloomingron, Normal, Galesburg, Macomb, Pekin,  Peoria, Romeoville, Lincoln, Springfield, Highland Park, Waukegan, Aurora, Oswego, Lisle, Wheaton      

Indiana

Cayuga, Indianapolis, Terre Haute, Griffith, South Bend, Leporte, Portage, Valparaiso, Hammond, Rochester, Warsaw, Franklin 

Kentucky

Franklin, Fort Campbell 

Maryland
Washington County 

Massachusetts
Springfield, Amherst, Warren, Westfield

Michigan

Benton Harbor, Niles, St. Joseph, Grand Rapids 

New Hampshire

Most all areas

New Jersey
Most all areas

New York
Carmel, Heritage Hills 

Ohio

St. Clairsville, Steubenville, Irondale, Columbiana, Mahoning County, Columbiana County, East Liverpool

Pennsylvania
Most all areas

Tennessee
Bulls Gap, Knoxille, Tri-Cities, Fairfield, Greenville, Oak Ridge, Memphis, Carthage, Harts, Lafayette, Franklin County, Nashville, Smithville 

Vermont
Most all areas

Virginia 

Galax, Glade Spring  

West Virginia
Weirton, Wheeling, Chester 

In most areas, affected customers will be notified of the specific channel number and level of service via messages on their monthly statements.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here