ebl11's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, August 21st, 2013 7:00 AM

Closed

Fox Sports 2

As a NASCAR fan, I was afraid that I would not be able to see the same racing events that I used to see on Speed when they rebranded the channel this past weekend.  I was just proven correct.  I now won't be able to see the Whelan Modified race that is airing on FoxSports 2 from Bristol tonight as Comcast doesn't have Fox Sports 2 in the channel lineup.  I was able to watch it last year when it was on Speed.

I strongly encourage Comcast to rectify this situation and add Fox Sports 2 to the lineup.  If I can't watch the things I want to watch because the channel isn't available, then I'm going to look for a cable provider who can provide it.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

I am so disappointed in comcast I can't even watch fox sports 2 on line because we you sign in it says fox sports 2 is. Otherwise offered by comcast so I guess I am going back to direct TV 

Contributor

• 

74 Messages

9 years ago

I see Centery Link is rolling out Prism TV.  Can't come fast enough.

Regular Contributor

• 

90 Messages

9 years ago

Where is ComcastTeds with his monthly excuses why Comcast doesn't carry a channel every other major provider has except them. Guess you can only say the same nonsense so many times. #monopoly #comcastiscorrupt

Contributor

• 

86 Messages

9 years ago

Maybe he has run out of straw for building those "Straw Men" that he is infamous for?

New Poster

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

I would like to find out when Comcast Xfinity will add the FS2 and RFD-TV Channels to any of their ordering packages?  I don't know why these stations haven't been carried yet!

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

Want FS2 to watch Bundesliga games not aired on FS1 or anywhere else through Comcast Xfinity. Very frustrating indeed that I can't even watch the shows that I'm interested in.

Official Employee

• 

11.1K Messages

9 years ago

Frequent Visitor

• 

6 Messages

8 years ago

Big Champions League Group Stage Match coming up this Wednesday, and Arsenal happens to be involved; you know Arsenal, arguably the biggest of the Big Clubs in America. Lots of Arsenal shirts out there.

I can't wait to watch it...

Hold on...it appears the match vs Olympiacos FC is on FOX Sports 2.

Remind me again; why does FOX pay UEFA scores of millions of dollars to obtain Champions League broadcast rights, then decide to put the biggest of the Big Games on the weak and poorly-distributed FOX Sports 2? Certainly, no signs of genius there.

And, worse yet, Comcast/NBC sits idly by and refuses to strike a deal with FOX so they can begin airing FOX Sports 2. I'm starting to believe the NBC/Xifinity conspiracy theory: Time to punish FOX.

What a bunch of petulant fractious little children.

Still, it gets better. I wouldn't mind so much as FOX does offer a nice service in FoxSoccer2Go.com. In theory, subscribers have access to all Champions League games, anytime, anywhere (initially live, then, after a short delay, via replay mode). Unfortunately, I have to rely on Xfinity High Speed Internet to indulge. Talk about stoppage time; no doubt Xfinity is Top of the Table when it comes to Interruptions and Re-buffering.

Where are we at? We've all been waiting over two years for FOX Sports 2. Fast forward to 2018 and the FIFA World Cup. How much do you want to bet that the USA vs. Argentina Semi-Final (I exaggerate for effect only) will be on FOX Sports 2? Huge ratings...ESPN pulled in 30 million, FOX? Around 250,000.

Congrats to FOX and Xfinity. This would all make for an interesting Doctoral Thesis in Economics. Last I heard/read, they are squabbling over about $0.03 per subscriber. Oh, I know, I know; my simple mind just doesn't understand Big Business.

Contributor

• 

86 Messages

8 years ago

@oldspinny wrote:

And, worse yet, Comcast/NBC sits idly by and refuses to strike a deal with FOX so they can begin airing FOX Sports 2. I'm starting to believe the NBC/Xifinity conspiracy theory: Time to punish FOX.

Sure would appear that Comcast is being the bully! At our expense!!!!!!

Frequent Visitor

• 

9 Messages

8 years ago

I would love to be able to watch Olympiakos and Arsenal today but, unfortunately, it's on FOX Sports 2 and I have Comcast, which tells me that it has the "Most Live Sports". Weird, huh?

Contributor

• 

80 Messages

8 years ago

as said before, Comcast often airs the 1st half of a race on FS1 then the conclusion on FS2 so I have started to download (or watch) footage on Youtube.  .It's often available immed after the race and it's usually HD.  Sometimes highlights are avail while other times the full race is available..  

Gold Problem Solver

• 

18.9K Messages

8 years ago

@l_turn9 wrote:

as said before, Comcast often airs the 1st half of a race on FS1 then the conclusion on FS2 so I have started to download (or watch) footage on Youtube.  .It's often available immed after the race and it's usually HD.  Sometimes highlights are avail while other times the full race is available..  

Just to clarify - Fox does the switch of programming from FS1 to FS2 - not Comcast.

Contributor

• 

348 Messages

8 years ago

@ComcastTeds wrote:

@l_turn9 wrote:

Just to clarify - Fox does the switch of programming from FS1 to FS2 - not Comcast.

And to clarify further, Comcast is the one NOT carrying FS2.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

18.9K Messages

8 years ago

@mrshvd3 wrote:

@ComcastTeds wrote:

@l_turn9 wrote:

We do offer FS2 in a few markets. There is no new news to announce at this time regarding additional areas.

Comcast doesn't program FS1 or FS2 or switch out of programming on these channels. That is done by Fox. 

Contributor

• 

86 Messages

8 years ago

@ComcastTeds wrote:

@mrshvd3 wrote:

@ComcastTeds wrote:

@l_turn9 wrote:

We do offer FS2 in a few markets. There is no new news to announce at this time regarding additional areas.

REALLY!!!!

To be more truthfull you should say that there are markets that have FS2 because it is a legacy contract and in point of fact Comcast has not "added" FS2 in a single market???? Just trying to keep things clear!!!

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here