ebl11's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, August 21st, 2013 7:00 AM

Closed

Fox Sports 2

As a NASCAR fan, I was afraid that I would not be able to see the same racing events that I used to see on Speed when they rebranded the channel this past weekend.  I was just proven correct.  I now won't be able to see the Whelan Modified race that is airing on FoxSports 2 from Bristol tonight as Comcast doesn't have Fox Sports 2 in the channel lineup.  I was able to watch it last year when it was on Speed.

I strongly encourage Comcast to rectify this situation and add Fox Sports 2 to the lineup.  If I can't watch the things I want to watch because the channel isn't available, then I'm going to look for a cable provider who can provide it.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Contributor

• 

34 Messages

9 years ago

And yet we mention yet again for the 1000th time.... COMCAST's own press release from August of 2013, where they (not us), specially stated that Fox Sports 1 AND Fox Sports 2 were coming to our cable line-up when SPEED went away. A bunch of programming moved over to FS2 when the transition occurred (i.e. Stacey David's GEARZ). I sure didn't see a drop in my cable bill when all these shows went away. But I am sure COMCAST will have no problem raising the bill once they finally start giving us FS2 as promised 18+ months ago.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

18.9K Messages

9 years ago

@Jalpa_Mike wrote:
And yet we mention yet again for the1000th time.... COMCAST's own press release from August of 2013, where they (not us), specially stated that Fox Sports 1 AND Fox Sports 2 were coming to our cable line-up when SPEED went away. A bunch of programming moved over toFS2 when the transition occurred (i.e. Stacey David'sGEARZ). I sure didn't see a drop in my cable bill when all these shows went away. But I am sureCOMCAST will have no problem raising the bill once they finally start giving usFS2 as promised 18+ months ago.

Fox Sports 2 was added in areas where it replaced Fuel. Apologies again that Fox has made decisions to move some of their more popular programing over to their least distributed cable network.

Contributor

• 

86 Messages

9 years ago

@ComcastTeds wrote:

@Ctstreetrodder wrote:

@ComcastTeds wrote:

@lipstickcat wrote:

I don't understand why FS2 is only available in some areas since it is a nationwide,not local,station? And Xfinity is a Nascar sponsor! How & why is such a deal made? There's even a petition on Fox Sports Race Hub site, which I signed, to get FS2! So it all comes back to Comcast.

Comcast does offer Fox Sports 2 in some markets based on some existing contractual obligations. Some of these could be contractual obligations inherited from the previous cable provider. 

Hi Ted,

You bring up an interesting subject. You state "Some of these could be contractual obligations inherited from the previous cable provider." Would you be so kind as to tell us how many of these markets have FS2 because of a "Legacy Contract" and how many markets FS2 was actually added to the lineup without a legacy contract dictating that Comcast MUST carry FS2? Is it not true that when the contractual period is terminated, that Comcast has no plans , at this time, to continue making FS2 available in these markets?

We don't have any announcements to make regarding additional locations for the addition of Fox Sports 2 at this time.

We also don't have an expected date for an announcement for the Fox Sports 2 in additional Comcast areas.

I'm not currently aware of any decisions to remove or add Fox Sports 2 in any locations. Any potential channel additions or deletions would be communicated ahead of time according to any FCC and local franchise requirements.

Ted,

Maybe you didn't understand the questions?

Would you be so kind as to tell us how many of these markets have FS2 because of a "Legacy Contract"

how many markets FS2 was actually added to the lineup without a legacy contract dictating that Comcast MUST carry FS2?

Thanks for your attention with these questions.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

18.9K Messages

9 years ago

Moved to MAV TV thread

Contributor

• 

86 Messages

9 years ago

@ComcastTeds wrote:

@Jalpa_Mike wrote:
And yet we mention yet again for the1000th time.... COMCAST's own press release from August of 2013, where they (not us), specially stated that Fox Sports 1 AND Fox Sports 2 were coming to our cable line-up when SPEED went away. A bunch of programming moved over toFS2 when the transition occurred (i.e. Stacey David'sGEARZ). I sure didn't see a drop in my cable bill when all these shows went away. But I am sureCOMCAST will have no problem raising the bill once they finally start giving usFS2 as promised 18+ months ago.

Fox Sports 2 was added in areas where it replaced Fuel. Apologies again that Fox has made decisions to move some of their more popular programing over to their least distributed cable network.

Ted,

No need to apologize for Fox. You REALLY need to "man up" and apologize for Comcast though!!! I do believe that in the "original" press release there was no statement to the fact of ONLY adding FS2 where it was replacing Fuel???? Would you be so kind as to repost the press release for those that have come onto this thread in, oh let's say maybe the past 18 months and are unaware of the press release made all the way back in 2013????

Gold Problem Solver

• 

18.9K Messages

9 years ago

@Ctstreetrodder wrote:

@ComcastTeds wrote:

@Ctstreetrodder wrote:

@ComcastTeds wrote:

@lipstickcat wrote:

I don't understand why FS2 is only available in some areas since it is a nationwide,not local,station? And Xfinity is a Nascar sponsor! How & why is such a deal made? There's even a petition on Fox Sports Race Hub site, which I signed, to get FS2! So it all comes back to Comcast.

Comcast does offer Fox Sports 2 in some markets based on some existing contractual obligations. Some of these could be contractual obligations inherited from the previous cable provider. 

Hi Ted,

You bring up an interesting subject. You state "Some of these could be contractual obligations inherited from the previous cable provider." Would you be so kind as to tell us how many of these markets have FS2 because of a "Legacy Contract" and how many markets FS2 was actually added to the lineup without a legacy contract dictating that Comcast MUST carry FS2? Is it not true that when the contractual period is terminated, that Comcast has no plans , at this time, to continue making FS2 available in these markets?

We don't have any announcements to make regarding additional locations for the addition of Fox Sports 2 at this time.

We also don't have an expected date for an announcement for the Fox Sports 2 in additional Comcast areas.

I'm not currently aware of any decisions to remove or add Fox Sports 2 in any locations. Any potential channel additions or deletions would be communicated ahead of time according to any FCC and local franchise requirements.

Ted,

Maybe you didn't understand the questions?

Would you be so kind as to tell us how many of these markets have FS2 because of a "Legacy Contract"

how many markets FS2 was actually added to the lineup without a legacy contract dictating that Comcast MUST carry FS2?

Thanks for your attention with these questions.

I understood the question. Our programming contracts, details and subscriber numbers by network are confidential and proprietary information as per our current agreement and contract with these networks. 

Contributor

• 

86 Messages

9 years ago

Ted,

Thanks for the reply. When all else fails, claim "National Security", hey it works for the politicians, so why not for you also!!!!  I would have expected no other answer from Comcast. I think readers & posters to this thread have a good view of where the problem lays it's ugly head.

Regular Contributor

• 

148 Messages

9 years ago

+1

Contributor

• 

28 Messages

9 years ago

Well TED, I wrote them (Fox Sports) again. So this thread continues with no end in sight. Can both sides agree on something? It is called compromise.

Surely, two big corporations have people that do this for them. You guys sound like the U.S talking to Iran. Come on, there has got to be an arbitrator that can get the problem handled. This has got to be easier than the UAW negotiating with GM, Ford or Chrysler.

We all have seen the same rhetoric for about two years. Can both sides get together and finally put this to an end? This is not rocket science, we are not sending people to the Moon or Mars here. Even if COMCAST raised everyone's rates by a dollar to get Fox Sports 2, I doubt that nobody would notice or care. 

Thanks again to COMCAST TEDS for at least trying to explain the corporate culture that may be the root of this problem.

Frequent Visitor

• 

6 Messages

9 years ago

Heck, i'll chip in for the first round of beers if we could lock them in a room and get down to the business of serving their consumers

Contributor

• 

86 Messages

9 years ago

@Janstheman wrote:

Well TED, I wrote them (Fox Sports) again. So this thread continues with no end in sight. Can both sides agree on something? It is called compromise.

Surely, two big corporations have people that do this for them. You guys sound like the U.S talking to Iran. Come on, there has got to be an arbitrator that can get the problem handled. This has got to be easier than the UAW negotiating with GM, Ford or Chrysler.

We all have seen the same rhetoric for about two years. Can both sides get together and finally put this to an end? This is not rocket science, we are not sending people to the Moon or Mars here. Even if COMCAST raised everyone's rates by a dollar to get Fox Sports 2, I doubt that nobody would notice or care. 

Thanks again to COMCAST TEDS for at least trying to explain the corporate culture that may be the root of this problem.

Janstheman,

To have compromise or negotiating, you need at least one of the parties to "want" to participate! In this case neither party wants to come to the table. The only reason that Comcast would come to the table is to customers requests. Well, we all know where Comcast places on the "Customer Satisfaction Charts"? If the chart is 3 pages long, Comcast is on the 4th page!!!! AT THE BOTTOM. Well known fact, Comcast has been last for the past 3 or 4 years! Does that tell you something??? Pigs will be flying in formation & inverted when Comcast places in the top 25% for customer care satisfaction!!!

Gold Problem Solver

• 

18.9K Messages

9 years ago

@Ctstreetrodder wrote:

Ted,

Thanks for the reply. When all else fails, claim "National Security", hey it works for the politicians, so why not for you also!!!!  I would have expected no other answer from Comcast. I think readers & posters to this thread have a good view of where the problem lays it's ugly head.

Not really "national security" but rather a typical non-disclosure clause that is fairly standard for these types of contracts. Certainly not a situation unique to Comcast. 

For the curious, Wikipedia has an approximate number of total Fox Sports 2 households (from February 2015)...http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fox_Sports_2

as well as their approximate numbers for Fox Sports 1:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fox_Sports_1

For those not wanting to click through:

FS1 = 84 million households (74% US HH) 

FS2 = 45 million households (39% of US HH)

Above are total numbers (estimates) from wikipedia and are not Comcast numbers or percentages.

ESPN and ESPN2 (as a comparison) both look to be at 94 million households (81% of US HHs). 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ESPN

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ESPN2

Gold Problem Solver

• 

18.9K Messages

9 years ago

@Janstheman wrote:

Even if COMCAST raised everyone's rates by a dollar to get Fox Sports 2, I doubt that nobody would notice or care.  

Believe me, people would notice and care.  

Gold Problem Solver

• 

18.9K Messages

9 years ago

@Ctstreetrodder wrote:

@Janstheman wrote:

Janstheman,

To have compromise or negotiating, you need at least one of the parties to "want" to participate! In this case neither party wants to come to the table. The only reason that Comcast would come to the table is to customers requests. Well, we all know where Comcast places on the "Customer Satisfaction Charts"? If the chart is 3 pages long, Comcast is on the 4th page!!!! AT THE BOTTOM. Well known fact, Comcast has been last for the past 3 or 4 years! Does that tell you something??? Pigs will be flying in formation & inverted when Comcast places in the top 25% for customer care satisfaction!!!

I do know that our programming teams meet regularly with Fox on this and other topics. The conversations are ongoing. 

Any possible addition of any new network would also most likely incur additional costs to Comcast that would be passed along to our customers. As mentioned previously, those additional costs are one of the factors in considering adding any new network. 

As with any network contract, we want to come to an agreement that offers the best terms for our customers and our company that keeps both our costs and our customer's monthly costs to a minimum. 

Contributor

• 

86 Messages

9 years ago

@ComcastTeds wrote:

@Janstheman wrote:

Even if COMCAST raised everyone's rates by a dollar to get Fox Sports 2, I doubt that nobody would notice or care.  

Believe me, people would notice and care.  

Ted,

They would not care, squat one , IF Comcast would pay attention to their customer relations numbers, fix same, and I firml;y believe there would not be a ground swell of opposition. If Comcast would simply pay attention to basic Customer Care, your life would be a happy one, rather then trying to defend them in threads like this one that have now gone on for not months BUT years! You are fighting uphill, UNTIL, Comcast addresses the Customer Relations problems, that are legendary in the cable business!!! Comcast is in a service business. Provide the service & your customer base will be strong. Comcast has been losing market share for what, maybe the last 3 years. If Comcast would raise the custonmer satisfaction level, there would be no room for Verizion etc. , etc. .

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here