ebl11's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, August 21st, 2013 7:00 AM

Closed

Fox Sports 2

As a NASCAR fan, I was afraid that I would not be able to see the same racing events that I used to see on Speed when they rebranded the channel this past weekend.  I was just proven correct.  I now won't be able to see the Whelan Modified race that is airing on FoxSports 2 from Bristol tonight as Comcast doesn't have Fox Sports 2 in the channel lineup.  I was able to watch it last year when it was on Speed.

I strongly encourage Comcast to rectify this situation and add Fox Sports 2 to the lineup.  If I can't watch the things I want to watch because the channel isn't available, then I'm going to look for a cable provider who can provide it.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Contributor

• 

86 Messages

10 years ago

ComcastTeds quote of the day!

"Situations may change based on customer demand, channel bandwidth opportunities, business opportunities, costs and contractual obligations."

Translated to lay terms is "Sometimes it just sucks to be you!"

Talk about some company line pablum pucking "Bovine Scatology"!!!!!

Frequent Visitor

• 

20 Messages

10 years ago

It was reassuring to see the "Speed" schedule line-up that fox emailed out to us.....all on fox 2. Dandy folks in this tv business.

Frequent Visitor

• 

18 Messages

10 years ago

right, keep telling yourself that...but its really just complete BS, Ted.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

18.9K Messages

10 years ago

@Seth2021 wrote:

so explain to me how there is a "customer interest" for G4 and LOGOtv in Tallahassee, FL.  lived here my whole life and just dont see it.  but I do see a "customer interest" in adding FS2, please no more political correctness and just gives us the facts we are adults, we can handle the news with out lube.

It's more than only "customer interest":

As I stated above... "based on customer interests, costs, channel bandwidth management and contractual obligations." Thanks for the feedback.

Frequent Visitor

• 

15 Messages

10 years ago

Didn't know the Awards banquet was being rebroadcast!  Shoot, missed it!!!!  Leaving Comcast next year & finding someone that carries Fox Sports 1, I think Direct TV carries it.  I love Nascar & tired of missing everything!

New Poster

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Today, Juventus v Galatasaray Champions League match is on Fox Sports 2. Having Comcast in North Jersey, we don't get Fox Sports 2. There is no where else to watch this match and Fox Sports 2 is not available nor has Comcast made it available on the Fox Sports Go app. So yeah, I cannot watch the most important match of the year seemingly because Comcast does not want me to. 

Add to that, Bein Sport is STILL NOT AVAILABLE IN HD. Watching soccer on SD on a 42 inch plasma is HORRIBLE and UNWATCHABLE. 

Please, Comcast... end this absurdity. The problem is I am stuck with Comcast in my apartment building. We are not allowed to get Direct TV or Dish here and Verizon isn't available. Comcast knows this and has no problem taking our hard earned money every month so we can be told what we can and cannot watch. I pay $160 a month for ONE CABLE BOX  and high speed internet which constantly gets slower and slower. If you're going to hold a monopoly over certain areas, please at least make sure you give your customers something for what they pay for. 

Comcast also doesn't allow me to watch HBO Go on my Roku or Playstation. 

Sometimes it feels like they know exactly what I want and go out of their way to make sure I don't get it.

Contributor

• 

27 Messages

10 years ago

ComcastTeds said "customer interest" was a determining factor, so how much is enough to warrant a change. I have requested several times FS 2, do these requests stay "on the books" or do I need to keep calling? All I would really like is instead of giving us a line that they just say what they are going to do. It seems Comcast just wants us to hold out hope so we don't go to another provider.

Contributor

• 

49 Messages

10 years ago

here is a link to watch the Banquet>  http://foxs.pt/1cuoec8

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

Does Comcast really believe that Fox Business News or FXX brings more viewers than Fox Sports 2 would? There are many events exclusively on FS2. Fox Business News is only business news during weekedays. Other than that, it's infomercials. FXX is ummm... (shrug).

Comcast, please add Fox Sports 2.

Thank you.

-Cory

Contributor

• 

86 Messages

10 years ago

Here's the deal when you can get someone "on the inside" to address your questions:

Why is it that there are 100's of channels available to us & Comcast will not cut 1 of them to give us FS2?

"Well you see it's like this. We do not have to pay much at all for MOST of those channela and it gives us the oppertunity to beat our chest about how many channels are available in each package. FS2 will not be cheap because we are charged by the subscriber & not the service itself. Until we, (Comcast) can see that the cost of the service will be offset by an increase of revenue, it will not be addressed."

I was also lead to believe that Comcast will not address this until they see a reduction in revenue. That is the only yard stick they have, as we are already customers, so adding FS2 for your current subscribers will do nothing to increase revenue. The biggest thorn in their side is Fios. When Fios arrives in an area the existing cable provider almost always takes a big hit in subscribers. When Comcast knows that there is not a big presence of Fios in the area they have no incentive to better their package. Same goes for Comcast service. When you need service and a pickup truck shows up with all that Comcast logo on it, you are dealing with an outside contractor! Comcast prefers to not roll a van, as this is an actual Comcast employee.

I am lead to believe that I'm not in the minority here when I state that I'll wait it out until the next NASCAR season, BUT if FS2 is not available by the beginning of the season, I'll be history.

Frequent Visitor

• 

11 Messages

10 years ago

177 and 841 are the channels listed for me too in So. NH but apparently 177 (FS2) is still not available.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

so no fox sports 2?

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

We want FS 2!! wish everyone would come here and post so you could see how many of us are so disappointed in comcast. Guess we all need to go to Direct and see how the "cost" adds up??

Regular Contributor

• 

148 Messages

10 years ago

As previously stated in this forum, COMCAST really only monitors this forum for bad words.  Occaisionally ComcastTED makes an appearance, but really doesn't shed light on anything.  Requesting FOX SPORTS 2 here is just shouting to the wind.  All you are really doing is asking others who are asking for FOX SPORTS 2 to provide FS2.  This blog is an attempt by COMCAST to give people a chance to vent, without having to address their problems or tie them up with a real person.  As also said before (Read all the pages) Getting FS2 is a matter of numbers.  The amount of people posting on this forum don't amount to a hill of beans to COMCAST.  If you truely want to accomplish something, go to COMCAST ECARE, or call your local COMCAST office and ask for FOX SPORTS 2.  This is just a user to user forum.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Not a reply, but support for  statement. After all this time still waiting for Fox Sports 2. As a fan of auto racing in most forms I am frustrated by the exchange of a racing channel for a "talking head" channel following soccer, football, and most everything but racing, Frustrated!! Looking for an good alternative. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here