lm21's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Thursday, December 10th, 2020 4:00 PM

Closed

Discover Plus

Will there be an extra chage on my bill for DiscoverPlus. My current plan gets all the programs mentioned in Discover plus advertising

Contributor

• 

387 Messages

4 years ago

Check the guide for Discovery, The current shows like Gold Rush still there and new, Street outlaws that someone said was only on the app is new tonight and rest of week in prime time is new episodes. They are on the app also but still on Discovery. 

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

4 years ago

@maggiemay1947
@anma
Do a google search for compatible devices, there is presently no agreement with Comcast and Discovery for an X1 app addition

Contributor

• 

387 Messages

4 years ago

@anma wrote:

Thank you for your reply.  I'm sad that most of my shows are going to discovery+, but hopefully comcast will get it 

The app has been out for a week. Check the guide to see if they are still there. Most are. 

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

Thank you for your reply.  I'm sad that most of my shows are going to discovery+, but hopefully comcast will get it soon.

Contributor

• 

56 Messages

4 years ago

@andyross
Incorrect. Talk to your legal department. The cable customer’s contract is with Xfinity. Xfinity demands a certain price for represented programming. It is Xfinity’s responsibility to reduce cable bills if for whatever reason they cannot provide the represented, contractual programming (like the sports billing reduction I just got) and Xfinity’s responsibility to go back against Discovery. Basic contract law. And FTC regulation as you compensated employees are about to find out.

Expert

• 

30.9K Messages

4 years ago

Discovery+ is a streaming platform with over 55,000 episodes from 2,500 shows.

This is a subscription service.  Those 55,000 episodes from 2,500 shows are reruns.  Nothing new there.  However, there will be new content exclusive to Discovery+ channels.

This really is nothing different from Hulu, Netflix, HBO Max, Amazon Prime, etc.  You're not losing any channels that are already out there.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

4 years ago

@DR2020
@andyross isn’t an employee

@andyross
congratulations on having a legal department

Regular Visitor

• 

13 Messages

4 years ago

already seeing discovery move content, not channels, behind their pay wall. This is going to certainly have me and many others seriously considers the need for cable TV. 

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

I'm in total agreement. You can't charge the same if you can't deliver the new episodes. 

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

This is not a valid comparison. We pay extra for Netflix and the others knowing they are not directly competing with the same shows on Xfinity. 

Gold Problem Solver

• 

7.9K Messages

4 years ago

As I posted earlier, Travel Channel has NOT been stripped. There are several NEW episodes and shows airing on it.

Frequent Visitor

• 

6 Messages

4 years ago

Yep gotta say its not looking to good for Discovery + and of course that negatively is going to reflect on xfinity and their ability to provide what we pay for. Over the past few years they have done some strange things. For one I remember I always watched Betrayed on the ID Channel then without any notice it was gone. When I called about it at that time to get that channel back I would have to downgrade my package. Confused? Yeah me too seems like the would want to keep it in the larger packages also. But I wasn't going to pay for the $4.99 there either because it was a program on a channel that was in my package that I already paid for and was taken so is could be a subscription also. But my bill didn't show any change for not having the channel. If I didn't pay it was unaccessible to me. Gladly Xfinity got it back. But this just shows that this exact problem has happened before. Not once but a few times.. And Xfinity is losing alot of customers Dish Network.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Can I watch the new Discovery Plus Channel on my home TV? nd if so how do I go about setting up so I can watch it 

Gold Problem Solver

• 

7.9K Messages

4 years ago

See the long and now far-off-topic thread here:

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Channels-and-Programming/Discover-Plus/m-p/3393889

Basically, there is no X1 app yet. You can view it on many other devices.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

4 years ago

@golddigger54
Do a google search for compatible devices, you presently won’t find it
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here