U

1 Message

Wednesday, August 2nd, 2023 5:52 AM

Closed

Impossible to cancel my services

Its been almost a week and a half of trying to cancel my services. Even went in person to a store and they refused to help me until I came back and tried again. Then I received a cancellation "Request" instead of just cancelling the service, but when I check my account in the Xfinity website my subscription is still active and I am still being billed for the whole month... I don't want it and have no intention of paying for extra days I have not been using the service. I sent back my equipment about a week and a half ago and made a request to cancel and got no call back at all. after multiple of those I moved and tried again. This was after my price went from 35 to 55 and this last month 60 , with no explanation since I have not changed my service. There is no humans to talk anywhere in your support, not chat not over the phone. I just want to get out of this service never to come back again. awful customer service price hikes and impossible to cancel. I expect this to be solved or I will be forced to escalate the matter further to the FTC and the Illinois Attorney general.

Accepted Solution

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

1 year ago

Good morning, u/user_9e74b8. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you've had attempting to cancel your service. I'd be more than happy to review your account to see what's causing you to have such a difficult time to disconnect your services.

In order to get started, can you please send me a private message to Xfinity Support with your full name and full address by clicking the chat icon in the top right?

1 Message

Same here. Can't cancel service. I would like to contact an attorney as well if they cannot get this resolved. 

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

Hello @user_z3rs3q, I can definitley help with your request to disconnect your account. In order to get started can you please send a direct message to Xfinity Support with your full name and full address by clicking the chat icon in the top right? Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send your message

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

1 Message

I am getting hard time to cancel my internet service .

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

Hello @user_mhfdvw, Thanks so much for taking a moment out of your day to leave a post on our community forum. If you could send our team a direct message with your full name, the name listed on the account (if different), and the service address associated with your account, I'd be more than happy to look into this for you. To send a Direct Message, please click on the chat icon in the top-right corner of the screen, next to the bell icon, and then type or select "Xfinity Support" to initiate a direct message.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

1 Message

I've been trying to cancel my service for about a week and none of the chat services or calling seem to put me in touch with an actual person. 

1 Message

11 months ago

I have the same problem. Canceled 8/7 and sent equipment back 8/10. Still got billed on 9/10. 3 calls later and same promise of getting a refund. Still somehow not canceled. It's like a scam to keep billing you.

Official Employee

• 

898 Messages

Hello @user_cbfd9f Thanks for reaching out for support. I am happy to check on your account to hekp with your request. Can you please direct message me your first and last name along with your full service address so that I can assist you further?
Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list

Visitor

• 

1 Message

It is impossible to cancel my service with Xfinity I've tried 4 different times today I talked to 3 different people then they left me on hold for 15 min after I told all 3 agents I want to cancel. I don't understand why they can't just press cancel and go over with you how and what equipment to return. I don't have time to call back 50 .ore times

Official Employee

• 

2.2K Messages

@user_b988c2 I am sorry to hear you would like to disconnect services but I am able to assist you. 

Please send me a Direct Message with your name and service address so that I can fully dive into this for you! I will leave you instructions on how to initiate the message with us! I look forward to working with you soon!

- Click "Sign In" if necessary
- Click the "Direct Message" icon (upper right corner of this page)
- Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
- Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
- Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
- Press Enter to send your message

3 Messages

@user_cbfd9f​ i had this same problem during that same week

1 Message

7 months ago

Why is nearly IMPOSSIBLE to CANCEL the [Edited: "Language"] service

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Hello user_iedlq4

Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address? Our team can most definitely take a further look at this issue.

To send a Direct message:
Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Message" icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/setting-up-auto-payments

1 Message

I am having the same problem. I contacted my lawyer for small claims, and want to look into a class action suit for their deliberate negligence for canceling service in order to continue unwanted charges.

Official Employee

• 

674 Messages

@user_vq78y2, thank you for taking the time to reach out using the Xfinity Community Forums page. We would be happy to assist you with making account changes. It sounds like you haven't reached out to us on this platform, where we are your all-in-one stop to address your needs. Send us a direct message for assistance.

• Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon (upper right corner of this page)
• Press Enter to send your message. 

1 Message

7 months ago

I am having the same experience.  I have now spent about three hours trying-- and still I'm not able!  I waited on the phone number for an hour and 10 minutes until the hold music stopped and it went silent on me and no one was there to help.  Their link to cancel takes you to 400 Bad Request page.  I have been talking to their online chat and they've transferred me FOUR times now and still this simple task is not done.  On hold with one of them now.  

Official Employee

• 

3.6K Messages

Hi @user_kuenqk! We appreciate you taking the time to reach out on our Forums. We certainly do not want to see you go, and I apologize for any complications you experienced thus far with trying to cancel your account. This is never the experience we want for our customers. I promise my team is here to help, and although we hate to lose you as a customer, my team can assist you with your account needs. 

Please send us a Direct Message to better assist you with this. Here are the detailed steps to direct message us: 
 • Click the "Direct Message icon” (upper right corner of this page)
 • Type "Xfinity Support" in the To line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@user_kuenqk​ don't even engage him or anyone else. I told the rep I'm canceling the service and returning their equipment and IM NOT paying them anymore money. If they don't cancel that's on them. Stop the automatic payment (I never had it) return their stuff and move on. Keep a copy of the chat transcript.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

@user_6757e4, we are here for your support. If you'd like to look into these issues, or if you have any questions about your options, please let us know.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

6 months ago

I simply typed in billing to get a live agent and then told him to cancel my services. He immediately wanted to know why and attempted to transfer me. I replied its up to him to cancel it he doesn't need to know why and I added I'm simply not making any further payments and ended the chat

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

6 months ago

Just told the assistant app I wanted to cancel and waited 15 mins for a callback. Canceled at the call back.

1 Message

6 months ago

Like everyone else here, I have been unable to cancel service. I called several days ago and when I finally got a human they told me they couldn't schedule and I had to call back 2 days before I wanted it off. They also told me I could hit zero 5 times to bypass the menus which doesn't work. The live chat doesn't work, it goes to a page that won't load. The site is ridiculously bloated and takes forever to load. Fancy graphics do not make a website good. I can't believe I rated that call 4/10 because it turned out to be no help at all. Even so, they had two people call me to ask why. Neither of them could cancel my service, of course. 

I called today, wait time said 20 min. but after an hour the music stopped. I kept the line open a while and eventually hung up. I requested a call back, they said between 1:00 and 1:30. It's now almost 3:30. 

I will never again use or recommend Comcast/Xfinity anything. Internet is a utility now. If it was as easy to transfer/cancel service as Gas or Electric, this would be a very different story. With no contract, I should definitely not feel so trapped and extorted. 

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Hi there, @user_nni5hc ! Thank you so much for reaching your Digital Care team. I appreciate your patience while you waited to connect with me. I'm very sorry for the trouble you are having trying to cancel your services. Please be assured you reached the right person to assist you. Can you please DM me your first and last name, along with your full service address so that I can assist you further.-Richard

To send a direct message [private message]:

•   Click "Sign In" if necessary
  •   Click the "Direct Message" icon 
  •   Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  •   The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there.
  •   - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list.
  •   - An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.
  •   Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  •   Press Enter to send it

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

It was a pleasure @user_nni5hc assisting you in private and getting you taken care of. Please don't hesitate to reach back out if you ever have any further questions or concerns.-Richard

2 Messages

6 months ago

I also had a similarly negative experience. I tried to cancel over a month ago and realized I was still being billed. I called in again and the new agent when I finally got ahold of someone after an hour of trying had no record of the first call allegedly he cancelled for me but gave me no record number for the transaction just his name and a code to reference the next time. I am having trouble trusting them and [Edited: "Language"] they will not return the funds from my original cancel date.

(edited)

This comment has been converted into a post

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

6 months ago

It's impossible for me to cancel as well. No matter what I do their automated system keeps leading me back to the same place, and scheduling a callback gives me an error. I hate the useless chatbot and the automated phone line is worthless too.

Official Employee

• 

2.2K Messages

@user_fccd24 I am happy to assist you with your account. 

Please send me a Direct Message with your name and service address so that I can fully dive into this for you! I will leave you instructions on how to initiate the message with us! I look forward to working with you soon!

- Click "Sign In" if necessary
- Click the "Direct Message" icon (upper right corner of this page)
- Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
- Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
- Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
- Press Enter to send your message

1 Message

I'm having this exact experience. Any time I attempt to cancel it loops me, then the "callback option" doesn't work. Having the agent call just sits me on hold and times are described as "2 minutes" and exceed 40. 

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Hello @user_iubdsh, thank you for taking the time to reach out on social media. You've reached the right department, and I'd be happy to help with making changes to your account.

To access your account, will you please send us a direct message with your full name and complete service address to “Xfinity Support”. To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forums page.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@XfinityDena​ I just followed these instructions, sent a private message to "Xfinity Support" and was told to make a public post (which this post is) and wait for an official XFINITY employee to reply (which you have already done) before following the same instructions you just sent. This is going in circles.

2 Messages

6 months ago

I'm having the same problem. Xfinity refuses to cancel my service. I tried to through the website and it can't be done. I had a representative call me and every time I tried to tell him I need cancel he would speak over me and his line was very noisy 

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

@user_zrd3hc sad to hear you are trying to cancel your service with us. We can help process your request. Please send us your full name and address in a direct message:

(Full credit to @BruceW for this excellent explanation!) 

"Search for Xfinity Support" won't work. To send a "Direct Messaging" message to Xfinity Support:

• Click the "Direct Messaging" icon or https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging

• The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there

•  - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list

•  - An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Press Enter to send it

See https://forums.xfinity.com/conversations/email/cant-create-a-new-email-address/605e52b726aa974d63032d02?commentId=606107ea738c7f46a02b830e for an example.

3 Messages

6 months ago

charged me for several months after cancellation

and i wasnt even living there

illegally charged ACP for several months

now trying to file collections against me for $59 lol

this company commits a crime / error and pushes its mistakes on others

Visitor

• 

1 Message

5 months ago

I too am unable to cancel my Phone services which is blocking me from changing my service. I wish only to have 1200 internet and remove cable, phone from my current service. Your local service  team has attempted to push thorough this change 3 times with the same efffort. Case number [Edited: "Personal Information"]  was opened and closed stating it has been closed. Nothing has changed. I need support.

(edited)

This comment has been converted into a post

1 Message

5 months ago

Cancelling Xfinity is maybe the most difficult task out there. The cancellation procedure is elusive at best and straight up foul play to be frank. Still waiting to be transferred to the "help desk" to assist in cancellation.

Problem Solver

• 

1.3K Messages

user_gatuh3 Hello, I can help with that request. Please send us a direct message with your full name and service address. 
Here are the detailed steps to Direct Message us:
• Click the "Direct Message" icon (upper right corner of this page)

I no longer work for Comcast.

2 Messages

5 months ago

I am having the same issue. They will not cancel! I have been trying since January and keep getting the run around. I stopped my automatic payment. They won't get another dime!

Official Employee

• 

2.4K Messages

@user_rq473q As sorry as we would be to see you leave out Xfinity family, our team here can assist you with your request to cancel services. Please send us a DM to Xfinity Support with your full name and address to get started.

To send a direct message:
Click "Sign In" if necessary
Click the "Direct Message" icon or  https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging
Click the "New message" (pen and paper) icon
The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there.
As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list.
An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.
Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
Press Enter to send it

2 Messages

That did not work and my service is still on. I'm suing at this point. You guys are criminals. 

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

We're available under the Xfinity Support option and can help you disconnect your account, @user_rq473q. Please send your private message so we can get started.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

5 months ago

I'm having the same issue!  Had their service for 20yrs and now cancelling because of price increases.  They make it practically IMPOSSIBLE to simple cancel your account.  This should be regulated to safegaurd people being overcharged by not being able to cancel. This is the very reason I'm changing my cable.  Greed and increasing prices to the most vulnerable customers who have been faithful customers for yrs.

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

Hello, @user_eb343c I really appreciate you being a long-time member of the Comcast Family! Our team can assist you in making changes/canceling your service. Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address? To send a direct message: 

1. In the top right corner, you'll see a little chat icon near the bell icon. Click the direct message icon 
  2. Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  3. In the 'To' line, type "Xfinity Support" there. A drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list (an "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line)
  4. Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  5. Press Enter to send it. An official employee, such as myself or whoever is first available, will respond. Thanks!

1 Message

Hi, I also need to cancel services and am completely unable to do so. I look for the chat icon y'all describe and don't see anything like it. What do you do if you are logged in but don't have any mechanism to send a direct message?

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

user_686xxf Thankyou so much for letting us know you are in need of assistance with disconnecting services. When reaching out for help using our Xfinity forums sending unsolicited private messages to myself or any other user is a direct violation of our forum guidelines. We recommend reviewing those guidelines thoroughly. You must first create a Public post requesting assistance or comment, and once a Comcast verified employee responds and asks for a private message to be sent, you can then proceed with doing so. Until that request is made you may not have the option to reach out in private using those steps you saw above.  We are able to help with disconnects as much as we hate to see a customer go we can get that taken care of for you. If you could send our team a direct message with your full name, the name listed on the account (if different), and the service address associated with your account, I'd be more than happy make sure you are taken care of. To send a Direct Message, please click on the chat icon in the top-right corner of the screen, next to the bell icon, and then type or select "Xfinity Support" to initiate a direct message. 

Here are the detailed steps to direct message us: • Click "Sign In" if necessary • Click the "Direct message" icon (upper right corner of this page) • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window • Press Enter to send your message

1 Message

This is so ridiculous. I have also been trying to cancel my service for weeks. 

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Hey @user_j3gos6,

Thank you for visiting our official Xfinity Community Forums support page. We are sorry to hear you are wanting to discontinue services, but we are more than happy to assist reviewing the account. Was there anything we can help you with regarding your Xfinity products and services? 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here