U

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Wednesday, March 8th, 2023 12:04 AM

Closed

Cant pay my bill says You don't have permission to access

I'd like to pay my comcast bill but my internet gives me this message

You don't have permission to access "http://payments.xfinity.com/new" on this server.

Reference #18.9d132817.1678233638.a1d279

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

2 years ago

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

2 years ago

Hi, @user_4566a8. Thank you for reaching out. I see you are running into some trouble visiting our site when making a payment. I clicked the link on my end, and I successfully got routed to the login page. Have you tried to sign in first and then visit the payments page? If so, does this occur when you're already logged in? Have you tried using the Xfinity App to sign-in and make a payment as well?

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

@XfinityVianney​ Hello, yes this occurs when i'm already signed in.  Happens in both Edge and Brave Browser.  Same type of message started showing up when trying to access my bank account online too.  so I just switch browsers and it works.  I tried with xfinity and that didn't work to pay my bill.  I can see my total then when i click to pay it brings me to a blank page with that message.

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

looks like I can pay on my phone but I would like to have this permission access thing dealt with, I mean what [Edited: "Language"] am I paying 250 a month for only to have my internet not work when trying to transact with someone.

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

@user_4566a8 Got it, thanks for letting me know. I know it's important that you have access to your payment options at all time, so I completely understand the concern.  Are you running into the same problem if you try to access the link or make payments on other devices (laptop, tablet, PC,) or is it only happening on your mobile device (besides on the Brave)? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

2 years ago

Awesome, I see you were able to access the payment option on your phone. I understand, however, that is not a complete fix. That is certainly strange it only recently started, but I see it happened when you tried to access your banking site as well. When you made the payment on your phone, were you using a web browser or our app? Is the error message populating across all your devices when you try to access this link @user_4566a8 ?

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

2 years ago

brave browser on my Phone

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Hello,  I am having the same issue on Chrome. I am signed in and navigating from my billing page. I will attempt to do the same thing on my phone, but just posting this here for bug report.

Access Denied

You don't have permission to access "http://payments.xfinity.com/autopay" on this server.

Reference #18.9bc1ce17.1679169527.14a9151f

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

2 years ago

I am also experiencing this using Brave 1.49.120 on a desktop computer.

Access Denied

You don't have permission to access "http://payments.xfinity.com/new" on this server.

Reference #18.cd0fd017.1679494166.1b28342

Contributor

• 

340 Messages

Hello @user_5c6314 I am disappointed to hear you are experiencing this issue as well. Have you tried deleting cookies and cache? When did you begin experiencing this issue? 

I no longer work for Comcast. 

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Sure did, no change.  I have a crazy idea though.  Maybe the web devs made that reference number so that if customers report a problem they can look at the server logs to figure out what led up to the problem.  This tip is for free.  :)

Access Denied

Reference #18.cd0fd017.1679518757.35ecb04

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

@user_5c6314. Yes, if needed we relay that info to our support team. Do you have access to pay through the Xfinity app?

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

So instead of looking at restoring access to the payment portal I'm supposed to download an app so they can leave it broken?  lol  Really?  I was able to make a one time payment by using Firefox but like many people here use the Brave browser because we don't like being spied on and tracked constantly and we take this privacy seriously.  I did drop the "shields" feature with no success.  I'm also reporting this as a broken page to the devs at Brave so possibly they can help in case this is no fault of Xfinity.  Using an alternative defeats the purpose of what many are trying to do.  I wouldn't consider this resolved.

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

Agree! This is ridiculous! I am also getting this message when trying to turn on auto pay, using chrome browser in laptop. Xfinity needs to stop directing users to other payment methods, as that is not the issue...that is a bandaid fix. THEY NEED TO FIX IT SO USERS CAN ACCESS ANY PAGE WITHIN THEIR SITE REGARDLESS OF DEVICE OR BROWSER. Full stop.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Access Denied

Reference #18.250b3017.1679514824.67d257f

Yeah, the Payment server is either down or offline.

Official Employee

• 

933 Messages

@user_10b497 Can you try wiping your cookies and using another browser to see if this makes any difference? 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

yeah cuz all these people having the problem it must just be us

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

I have the same issue.

Access Denied

You don't have permission to access "http://payments.xfinity.com/autopay" on this server.

Reference #18.97f36e68.1679521759.3640b73d

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

@user_01720f. Does the Xfinithy app do the same thing

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

I don't have the Xfinity app. But I'll give it a try.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

@user_01720f. I appreciate it. This helps our fix team if we submit your issue. https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/xfinity-app-bill-pay

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

2 years ago

... ​You don't have permission to access "http://payments.xfinity.com/new" on this server.​ ...

Does https://forums.xfinity.com/conversations/your-home-network/if-having-issues-with-email-sites-not-opening-access-denied-etc-try-this/6419d989219b7455ac27b059 (turn off VPN) help?

Please be aware that there are 2 kinds of responses in this Forum: Replies and Comments. When you Comment on a post by scrolling down to "Comment on this post here...", I am notified of your response. But if you select Reply, I am NOT notified and may not be aware of your response.

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

@BruceW​ Not applicable to me as I'm a Linux user, not using a VPN.   The one thing I see frequently with this problem is the Brave browser or Edge, so possibly the browser is unhappy with some of the code on the page, or possibly the page is written for specific browsers and the slightest deviation breaks access.  My guess is that the web devs are using some needlessly complex javascript and wacky redirection based on a cursory look at the code myself, but I'm not going to spend all day doing their job when I have my own.  The real concerning problem here is the willingness to place the responsibility to fix this firmly on the people experiencing it.  The code my browser sees before it chokes and yields a blank page is this.  Refreshing ultimately results in the denial.

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

Doesnt work in chrome either. So they used script that doesnt work in at least 3 different (common) browsers. Brilliant! -_-

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

I'm on Safari and got the same thing three times. Logged out and back in for the third one.

Access Denied

Reference #18.540c4017.1681172771.1bd93aa8

listen, I am very aware of the [Edited: "Language"] this company has to offer. So maybe I am just venting but my stance is no website? no money. :D and I WILL screen shot every attempt made so they can see the dates and times and know if they are preventing customers from making payments due to their system, I have their fancy xfi modem/router and don't touch it, from end to end it is NOT my fault. Don't bother calling either if you're reading this. I was on hold for five hours and hung up on. I finally got a human after three more hours and was told to go to my local store. They said they can't do anything its internal I'd have to call in again. Another two hours on hold, hung up on, four hours on hold finally a human! The website is so tragic it takes you in circles, logs you out WHILE in the tab! Opens ten new ones, forces you to log in twice in a row even though you JUST logged in to get to this section! The same information is found through no less than eight different links but the information I need is never available. Three different locations with three different pieces of information two contradicting each other. Yes none of this is relevant to each other because these are different occasions MONTHS apart. I am not trouble shooting any.thing. fix. your. - website. and no I am not a loyal customer, my in-laws have been for I kid you not: FOURTY YEARS. I am helping the elderly. THIS SHOULD NOT BE IMPOSSIBLE! you cannot PAY me to deal with this company, they have an absolute MONOPOLY on the whole suburbia! I have called TWELVE companies to get a more customer friendly company for them and no one services the deeply urbanized city of HOUSTON! (suburbia northwest of city) There are FIBER OPTIC LINES a half mile from their front door to the closest major street BUT THE WHOLE REGION (30 mile radius) IS SERVICE LOCKED BY THESE -! no I don't have anything nice to say. no this is not for feed back from the company. fix your site. have competition in the area, maybe then you'll upgrade a service THAT IS ALREADY INSTALLED to idk? THE CONSUMER TO GIVE YOU MONEY??? :O I am just keeping receipts at this point. xfinity. fix your customer service. EVERY aspect needs to be overhauled. and [Edited: "Inflammatory"]. everyone knows it's there, they're not hiding. -_-

(edited)

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

1 year ago

Today's date is April 28 2023. I'm having the same issue when trying to pay my xfinity comcast internet bill online. Did anyone with the same issue get it resolved? ---SL

Problem Solver

• 

672 Messages

@user_ffcd19 I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue too. Have you tested a different browser? Have you tried using the Xfinity App instead?

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

@XfinityZacharyA​ ----Hi, XfinityZacharyA. (I'm writing this on 4/28/2023) I just wanted to share with you the fix that I got (and that worked for me) with a tech support agent via telephone. (For background-- I'm accessing the xfinity bill pay site on a computer laptop using Edge browser and going to the xfinity bill pay url page with login): Clear the Browser cache / History, --(Browser History, Cookies and Other Site Data, Cached Images and Files, Autofill form data, Site permissions)--with the time range parameter setting selection of: "FOR ALL TIME" (as opposed to , just "Past Four Weeks" or something like that. Clear the history /cache "FOR ALL TIME". Then close all browser windows and start all over, and that worked for me! Kudos to excellent U.S. based troubleshooter agent that I got connected to by a fluke act-of God. lol. (Additional tidbit: This also worked using Chrome browser, so for me, it wasnt a browser type issue, it was a" CLEAR ALL HISTORY FROM ALL TIME Cache issue")

(edited)

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

1 year ago

--Hi! (I'm writing this on 4/28/2023) I just wanted to share with everyone who comes to this thread,  the fix that I got (and that worked for me) with a tech support agent via telephone. (For background-- I'm accessing the xfinity bill pay site on a computer laptop using Edge browser and going to the xfinity bill pay url page with login): Clear the Browser cache / History, --(Browser History, Cookies and Other Site Data, Cached Images and Files, Autofill form data, Site permissions)--with the time range parameter setting selection of: "FOR ALL TIME" (as opposed to , just "Past Four Weeks" or something like that. Clear the history /cache "FOR ALL TIME". Then close all browser windows and start all over, and that worked for me! Kudos to excellent U.S. based troubleshooter agent that I got connected to by a fluke act-of God. lol. (Additional tidbit: This also worked using Chrome browser, so for me, it wasnt a browser type issue, it was a" CLEAR ALL HISTORY FROM ALL TIME Cache issue")

(edited)

Problem Solver

• 

339 Messages

Thank you so much for taking the time to share what worked for you! Others may find this information very helpful, user_ffcd19. If you continue to experience further issues, please let us know, we are here 24/7 for you! 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

happening to me right now.  my credit card was stolen so when I try to replace it in autopay, nope, can't go there.  not sure how my bill will get paid now.  :(

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

I'm sorry to hear your credit card was stolen and for having issues updating your payment method, @user_a59d0c. Have you by any chance tried the steps provided by 

@user_ffcd19?

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

1 year ago

"Access Denied" when trying to enter new payment method.  Clearing cache etc. is not a fix - it is a workaround that causes other problems.  Let me know when the website is fixed.

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

Thank you so much for taking the time to bring this to our attention @user_10e6e8 and we are happy to see what is going on here. How are you trying to make the payment? 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

You did not seem to understand my statement - where are you located?  I did not state that I had a problem with payment.  The Xfinity website would not allow me to get to the page to enter a new payment method.  Instead, it stated "Access Denied."  I was able to access the page moments before, but then my log-in timed-out. Upon logging back in, I could not access that page because "Access Denied."

Please let me know when this is fixed.

Expert

• 

30.9K Messages

@user_10e6e8​ 

[Edited]  I did not state that I had a problem with payment.  The Xfinity website would not allow me to get to the page to enter a new payment method.  Instead, it stated "Access Denied."  I was able to access the page moments before, but then my log-in timed-out. Upon logging back in, I could not access that page because "Access Denied."

Please let me know when this is fixed.

Many times clearing your cache and your cookies will clear out a problem like this, even if you were just signed in and logged out due to inactivity.

Another thing to try is shutting down your browser and bringing it back up again.  If that doesn't work, try a different browser.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

@user_10e6e8 we are glad to take a closer look at this for you.  So that we can get additional details, please feel free to shoot us a private message with your full name and service address.  That way we can get a clear look at what is happening. 

To send a "direct message" / "private message" message to Xfinity Support:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message" icon or https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging 

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there

•  - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list

•  - An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send it

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

I have been having this problem since DAY ONE of my account, I can never get a person on the phone to fix the problem, and I get redirected to "personal assistant" that does nothing.

How do you justify this?

Would love to set up auto-pay...

Access Denied

Reference #18.6cd6ce17.1689821428.30dbadf

Pay my bill?

Access Denied

Reference #18.6cd6ce17.1689821500.310ad13

How does the MOST COMMON internet provider not work on the MOST COMMON internet browsers for the world?

Who does your programming? BUNGIE? Are we going to get "beaver" error codes next?

Official Employee

• 

921 Messages

@user_b23d34  Have you tried clearing cache and cookies? I saw some options to try on this thread that has worked for another user by clearing history/cache "For All Time". 

Contributor

• 

33 Messages

1 year ago

Here I am again trying to pay my bill on my PC and I do not have access to pay my bill ,  last two months I paid it by logging in on my phone, this is ridiculous ,I do not have the Xfinity app on my phone and I'm not going to install it,  you people need to fix it this issue

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Hey there, @HDRock. I'm very sorry for the trouble you are having trying to make your payment, which we appreciate! I truly understand how frustrating this can be, especially since you only want to make your payment. Have you tried clearing out your cache and cookies and try a different browser?-Richard

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here