Community Forum

Internet Data Usage missing on Comcast

commanguy
Silver Problem Solver

Internet Data Usage missing on Comcast

Hi

Posted on another thread about this.

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Your-Home-Network/Missing-Data-usage-statistics/td-p/3416539

Got a response from ComcastAshley.

So started another thread to detail what has happened so far.

Data usage on the Comcast My Account website not available. Clicking on that link just goes back to the My Internet services page.

Data usage should be available on the My Account app. Not seeing anything.

Per ComcastAshleys question if I saw it on the Xfi App I downloaded the app, and got an errror message saying to check the My Account page on the Comcast website.

Now I own my own modem so part of me is starting to wonder if that is not the issue.

BruceW
Gold Problem Solver

Re: Internet Data Usage missing on Comcast

@commanguy wrote: ... Now I own my own modem so part of me is starting to wonder if that is not the issue.

I own my own modem as well, but when logged in with the Primary UserID (check at https://idm.xfinity.com/myaccount/lookup) I can view my data usage at:

commanguy
Silver Problem Solver

Bruce

Thanks

I used to be able to do that also.

Now none of that shows me any data usage.

Nothing on the App either.

I haven't checked for a couple of weeks and I usually check my usage about middle of the month and near end of month. I have generally been under 250G each month, except last year when I was working from home full time but that was when the cap was suspended. And even then I only went about 700-750G.

But always nice to keep an eye on it.

commanguy
Silver Problem Solver

Okay called the 800 number on that link BruceW put up on the other thread

Went through all the prompts from their "customer service agent" the automated system and the one thing that occurred was a check of the modem.

Suggestion was a re-set. Did that, no help.

I do notice that they (Comcast) updated my account information to show TV service in the account, which is included in the Internet package. Prior to this when I could check my data usage it never showed a stand alone tv service.

But it has also been a year since I changed plans and there was a discount for the tv portion for one year. Maybe with that ending it changed how services are listed on My Account page.

Now to figure out what got broken.

commanguy
Silver Problem Solver

Amazing

The 800 number couldn't get me to the right people.

I tried Chat, got cut off somehow.

The Xfinity Assistant will show the data usage if I type in Data Usage meter.

But with all this I may have to consider the local DSL service for Internet, would lose the tv service but I only have basic.

ComcastMichele
Official Employee

@commanguy, I am so very sorry to hear that you are having trouble accessing the data usage through the app and website. I would love to dig further into this and discover the root of the issue. Can you please reach out through private message (find out how to do so with this link https://comca.st/2NLB2an) with your first and last name, name on the account if different and service address? 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
commanguy
Silver Problem Solver

@ComcastMichele 

I'm sorry but according to the link you sent even logged on I don't see that Private Messenger icon.

I haven't seen anything for Private Messages for months.

One thing that happened recently is the $10 discount for TV service that was on my plan when I took out my current plan ended earlirer this month.

Wonder if that caused some provisioning issues on my account.

For the record every time I try that 877 number BruceW had in another link goes to the automated system, no option to go directly to that group to help out on this.

BruceW
Gold Problem Solver

@commanguy wrote: ... every time I try that 877 number BruceW had in another link goes to the automated system ...

Does 1-888-565-4329 work (from https://internetsecurity.xfinity.com/help/report-abuse/) ?

commanguy
Silver Problem Solver

Bruce

Will try that number. Probably in a day or two.

Tomorrow is "chaos day" at work.

commanguy
Silver Problem Solver

@BruceW 

That number got me someone who rambled on about Comcast cutting my data meter for some usage issue and a lot of "uh-huh". No ability to help.

Just referenced the other number.

I am going to try that one again.

Geez....what a messed up company.

BruceW
Gold Problem Solver

@commanguy wrote: ... That number got me someone who rambled on about Comcast cutting my data meter for some usage issue and a lot of "uh-huh". No ability to help. ...

Sorry to hear that, but not surprised.   ☹️

Geez....what a messed up company.

Yup.

commanguy
Silver Problem Solver

So tried the 877 number again. Had to choose from the automated system technical support.

Goes to a normal person. The girl on the other end was pretty good, couldn't help much.

She did make some notes about covering re-imbursement if I go over my cap due to no meter.

She thought it could be temporary. Her attempt to reach the CSA group internally didn't go through for some reason.

Of course it seems to come down to my modem, owned and not a Gateway, so the sales pitch started with the emphasis being on how much Unlimited would cost me with a Gateway versus a owned modem.

So going to wait until March and see if the meter comes back on it's own. I can always use the Automated Assistant to apparently check data usage for now.

commanguy
Silver Problem Solver

So thought I had some improvement.

Xfinity app for Internet had an update. Checked it out this afternoon. It actually showed a spot for checking data usage.

But typical of Comcast it still can't access my data usage on my account. Web page shows they can't connect to my ( and I mean "my" owned) modem, again. But the internet is still up and running.

Why does my skeptical side stll think they are trying to push their gateway?