BrownHouse's profile

Contributor

• 

23 Messages

Tuesday, July 23rd, 2019 11:00 PM

Closed

What is an Error ftde.xact.3305.403, and how do I fix it?

This started yesterday on Chrome. I cleared all site data, Double checked that Javascript and Flash was on on the site, used the X1 support tool that can only reboot the device, (it should have options to update firmware, give connection information, tell you system information such as its running temperature and more) And I have tested this on multiple browsers and with different operating systems. It is only an issue on Chrome, but on all operating systems minus IOS or Android... I didn't test those as we have the Xfinity APP. I have read that the issue might be outdated firmware, but the only way to fix that is to call support... but I'm an introvert with anxiety and would have to ask my roommate to call for me. Again they need to update thing on the site, they need to add the ability to live chat an agent... but I would have to prewrite what I wanted to say. Any help would be great.xfimnitystream.png

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Contributor

• 

22 Messages

5 years ago

Yes. I have tour 250 MBps service, and use Ethernet, not wireless, so my connection is good.  I use a Mac Pro with Mojave. It works with the Chrome browser. But If I use the new Microsoft Edge Canary for Mac (which uses the Chromium engine), I get this message. Flash IS enabled, as is proprietary content. 

A real error message with words, not codes would help.

Contributor

• 

22 Messages

5 years ago

This is NOT a corerect answer.

Contributor

• 

22 Messages

5 years ago

flash is onflash is on

Contributor

• 

23 Messages

5 years ago

@ComcastJessie wrote:

All,

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience that you are experiencing. Xfinity Stream error codes '3305' typically occur when there is not a steady connection to the Internet. Please check your Internet connection is strong and steady and try again.

Additionally, Recently Google Chrome released an update, Chrome 76. In order to keep using Xfinity Stream with this latest update, you must enable Flash on your Google Chrome Browser. For full directions on how to complete this change, please see here: https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/XFINITY-Stream-Website/Xfinity-Stream-How-To-Enable-Flash-on-a-Google-Chrome/td-p/3247446

If you have already completed these updates, have verified your Internet network connection or are not using Google Chrome please share all browser version and device details here so we can further assist. 

Chrome is up to date, (Chrome 77 on ChromeOS 12345) in fact the date of the last update is when I started having issues. My flash version is 32.0.0.223, updated with Chrome.

I use Xfinity for my internet... so if something has slowed down in the last few days it's on you. The first page for the error does ask if flash is emabled and yes it is, so is javascipt.

Contributor

• 

23 Messages

5 years ago

I do see something odd from my console BTW:

(index):1805 [Deprecation] HTML Imports is deprecated and will be removed in M73, around March 2019. Please use ES modules instead. See https://www.chromestatus.com/features/5144752345317376 for more details.
(anonymous) @ (index):1805
cast_framework.js:60 [Deprecation] document.registerElement is deprecated and will be removed in M73, around March 2019. Please use window.customElements.define instead. See https://www.chromestatus.com/features/4642138092470272 for more details.
(anonymous) @ cast_framework.js:60
(index):389 Websocket Status: Closed
xacsa.ccp.xcal.tv/flashaccess/license/v6:1 Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 403 ()
(index):389 Websocket Status: Closed

Has nothing to do with the error, but thought a web dev would like to know.

Contributor

• 

22 Messages

5 years ago

My JavaScript console says:

CURRENT_SITE: www.xfinity.com/stream/adding-device
cast_framework.js:60 [Deprecation] document.registerElement is deprecated and will be removed in M80, around February 2020. Please use window.customElements.define instead. See https://www.chromestatus.com/features/4642138092470272 and https://developers.google.com/web/updates/2019/07/web-components-time-to-upgrade for more details.
(anonymous) @ cast_framework.js:60
adding-device:1805 [Deprecation] HTML Imports is deprecated and will be removed in M80, around February 2020. Please use ES modules instead. See https://www.chromestatus.com/features/5144752345317376 and https://developers.google.com/web/updates/2019/07/web-components-time-to-upgrade for more details.
(anonymous) @ adding-device:1805
chrome-extension://bfogiafebfohielmmehodmfbbebbbpei/content_scripts/KeeperFill-var.js:30 CURRENT_SITE: www.xfinity.com/stream/access-token.html
chrome-extension://bfogiafebfohielmmehodmfbbebbbpei/content_scripts/KeeperFill-var.js:30 CURRENT_SITE: polaris.xfinity.com/orc.html
chrome-extension://bfogiafebfohielmmehodmfbbebbbpei/content_scripts/KeeperFill-var.js:30 CURRENT_SITE: www.xfinity.com/stream/activation-code.html
adding-device:389 Websocket Status: Closed
v3:1 POST https://xacsa.ccp.xcal.tv/flashaccess/getServerVersion/v3 403
adding-device:389 Websocket Status: Closed

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

5 years ago

my chromebook works fine on both web page and xfinity stream TV app. check your network settings is dns set to your router's address or 75.75.76.76 ?

Contributor

• 

23 Messages

5 years ago

I have not done anything in my routers, so unless the DNS resentley required a change that Xfinity didn't tell me about, it's not any settings in the router, DVR or anything other than how Xfinity potes out the stream or Chrome.

@Rustyben wrote:

my chromebook works fine on both web page and xfinity stream TV app. check your network settings is dns set to your router's address or 75.75.76.76 ?

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

5 years ago

@BrownHouse wrote:

I have not done anything in my routers, so unless the DNS resentley required a change that Xfinity didn't tell me about, it's not any settings in the router, DVR or anything other than how Xfinity potes out the stream or Chrome.

@Rustyben wrote:

not sure why no direct answer was given but check your router for the primary and secondary DNS. it is important to check the actual device as a 3rd party (cookie privacy shield, etc) could be causing the problem or there could be a VPN in use.

Contributor

• 

22 Messages

5 years ago

DNS is fine, and no VPN. It works on Chrome, but not on Edge Chromium.

Contributor

• 

22 Messages

5 years ago

Yes, you can see from the above posted image that flash is on.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

5 years ago

@jarome wrote:

DNS is fine, and no VPN. It works on Chrome, but not on Edge Chromium.

did you click on the lock symbol and approve flash? is it offered? you many need to go into your edge browser settings or search google on how to turn on flash in the edge browser.

Contributor

• 

22 Messages

5 years ago

It is from Edge beta. I asked there too.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

5 years ago

@jarome wrote:

Yes, you can see from the above posted image that flash is on.

is that screenshot from the edge browser? you may need to seek assistance from microsoft on this issue since it works on chrome.

Contributor

• 

23 Messages

5 years ago

I asked a friend to call Xfinity and they opened a ticket and had no idea why it would work on other browsers but not Chrome. I still don't know why anyone is talking about Edge here. This topic is specifically about Chrome with the error xact.3305.403. I asked others to be moved but posted the wrong name and the mod moved the only person talking about my issue. But I'll get help elsewhere.

Can someone close this thread?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here