Community Forum

Xfinity Stream - How To Enable Flash on a Google Chrome Browser

Administrator

Xfinity Stream - How To Enable Flash on a Google Chrome Browser

If you use a Google Chrome browser to watch shows or movies from the Xfinity Stream portal (xfinity.com/stream), you’ll need to enable Flash. And starting with the latest version of Google Chrome, Chrome 76, you won’t be able to turn on Flash from within the Xfinity Stream portal.

That means the next time you open the Chrome browser, you’ll have to enable Flash through Chrome’s built-in settings. Read on to find out how!

Enable Flash on Chrome

To enable Flash on Google Chrome:
  1. Go to xfinity.com/stream.
  2. Click on the Lock icon to the left of the address bar.
    Lock icon left of url 
  3. Click the dropdown to the right of Flash, scroll down and select Allow.
    Flash on left with drop down box on right with Allow as second option on drop down 
  4. Click Reload to apply the settings.
    Reload button appears below url

If the Flash dropdown is missing:
  1. Follow steps 1-2, then click Site Settings at the bottom of the page.
  2. Click the dropdown to the right of Flash, scroll down and select Allow.
    Flash on left with drop down box on right with Allow as second option on drop down 
  3. Click Reload.
    Reload button appears below url

Still having trouble? Visit the Google Chrome Help site for more information.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Problem Solver

Re: Xfinity Stream - How To Enable Flash on a Google Chrome Browser

Is Comcast planning for the day when Flash is no longer available in any form on any web browser?  When can PC users expect to see an Xfinity Stream website that doesn't use Flash at all?

Silver Problem Solver

@Tcalg wrote:

Is Comcast planning for the day when Flash is no longer available in any form on any web browser?  When can PC users expect to see an Xfinity Stream website that doesn't use Flash at all?

Yes they will remove Flash when it isn't available.  Stream will change in 2020 when Flash is no longer avaialbe.  Not to worry.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

Adobe Flash player will soon be taken from Google Chrome support. How will people using Comcast be able to stream Movies and TV on their computer using Google Chrome after takes effect???

Silver Problem Solver

@larry2030- wrote:

Google Chrome will soon drop the Adobe Flash Player. How will people be able to stream movies and TV on Comcast with Google Chrome after that happens???

Comcast is aware and they have stated they will make the necessary changes before it goes away.

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Frequent Visitor

Flash doesn't work that well anyway, they should just go ahead and change it now.

And whill they're at it, restore the ability to set up recordings remotely, it's been TWO years since they said it was temporary.

Expert

@bobdc6 wrote:

Flash doesn't work that well anyway, they should just go ahead and change it now.

And whill they're at it, restore the ability to set up recordings remotely, it's been TWO years since they said it was temporary.

flash is used to verify security (HDCP) of the stream not to actually play. that process is currently approved by the network programming providers. the remote recording issue is still not resolved in the patent court process.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!