losttrail's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

6 Messages

Thursday, March 19th, 2020 7:00 AM

Closed

Xfinity Stream not working on iPad

I want to set up my iPad next to my desk and stream Fox Buiness during the day. This due to the new Xfinity modem (man, those things die frequently, 3rd one in less than 2 years) will not connect to internet if connected via splitter as has been used for the past nearly 2 years. Anyway, Xfinity Stream on iPad gives message: "Something went wrong. We're sorry, something unexpected just happened. Please try again later." How much later? This has been going on for a few hours. I can watch Xfinity on my PC, but that uses one of my monitors.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@losttrail wrote:

I want to set up my iPad next to my desk and stream Fox Buiness during the day. This due to the new Xfinity modem (man, those things die frequently, 3rd one in less than 2 years) will not connect to internet if connected via splitter as has been used for the past nearly 2 years. Anyway, Xfinity Stream on iPad gives message: "Something went wrong. We're sorry, something unexpected just happened. Please try again later." How much later? This has been going on for a few hours. I can watch Xfinity on my PC, but that uses one of my monitors.

that is certainly not normal. have you tried it on your smart phone in the same location? propped up the ipad to let antenna work better?

Frequent Visitor

• 

6 Messages

4 years ago

Nothing works. I have restarted the iPad, shut it down overnight and restarted.  I have deleted the app, restarted iPad and reinstalled. iPad is within 10ft of wireless node. Every other app works on the iPad EXCEPT Xfinity Stream. Support is nowhere to be found on helping with this issue.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@losttrail wrote:

Nothing works. I have restarted the iPad, shut it down overnight and restarted.  I have deleted the app, restarted iPad and reinstalled. iPad is within 10ft of wireless node. Every other app works on the iPad EXCEPT Xfinity Stream. Support is nowhere to be found on helping with this issue.

try signing off on the app then remote the app. power down the iPAD and restart the iPAD. go to the gear app and select general then software version. what is the version shown? does the ipad offer to update the version?

Frequent Visitor

• 

6 Messages

4 years ago

I have done all this including removing the app, reinstalling and updating. NOTHING WORKS!

New Poster

• 

8 Messages

4 years ago

Log on to your app click the 3 lines in the top left corner, scroll to the bottom select xfinity stream, scroll to the bottom, double tap the version, click clear device - specific settings. This will log you out and clear everything. When you go to login, if you phone / tablet saves your info like it does mine select sign in as someone else and manualy enter your information.

Frequent Visitor

• 

6 Messages

4 years ago

Do you not get it? I CANNOT log into the app! I am NOT given the opportunity to log in to the app!

It's ok now though. I cancelled Xfinity TV service due to poor customer support and service, high cost, inaccurate support, asking 3 difference Comcast employees the exact same question and getting 5 different ansers.

Hulu Plus is GREAT!

Visitor

• 

1 Message

I am in the same boat, it won't even work on any browsers on the ipad. So no app, no Safari, no Chrome = No way to watch. This is crazy.

Official Employee

• 

744 Messages

Hey @user_b183b9! Thank you for letting us know you are running into this issue. If you are getting the same error as OP, there may be a backend issue with your account that is preventing you from logging in. We'd love the chance to work with you to get this working so you can enjoy the wonderful service with our Xfinity Stream app! Can you please send 'Xfinity Support' a private message using our peer-to-peer chat service by clicking on the chat icon in the top right corner of the page? Once you hit that chat icon, you'll be able to initiate a new chat with 'Xfinity Support', so please just send us your full name and we can continue helping out there.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Hi,

i have a new ipad.  I would like it for streaming xfinity tv.  I downloaded the App And many channels cannot be watched because the message I received I’ve says i need to be connected to my in-home internet, which I am, issued by Comcast.

when I go to a channel in the tv lineup the word, “watch” is grayed out and the message reads:  due to licensing agreements, some content can only be viewed on your in-home WiFi.  That’s all I am using is my in home WiFi, so I don’t know what to do.  On the phone for the 3rd or 4th time.  Have completed multiple chats and no results.

This comment has been converted into a post
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here