JethroBodeen's profile

New Poster

• 

22 Messages

Friday, November 8th, 2019 4:00 AM

Closed

Pixelated video on pc

I have so much pixelation that xfinity video is not viewable.  The live television streaming works great, but the movies look like this:xfinity pixellated.jpg

The problem is not my internet connection.  Here's a speedtest:

xfinity speedtest.png

Also, live streaming television looks like this:

live television on pc.jpg

Is there any way to fix this so I can watch movies?

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

New Poster

• 

22 Messages

5 years ago

Well that's just lazy coding by comcast, but sure.

Pixelated movies:  https://flic.kr/p/2hGSosr

That is a screenshot of https://www.xfinity.com/stream/entity/7852463341011599112 but it happens for all the movies I've tried.

Speedtest (140Mb): https://flic.kr/p/2hGUYaW

Live streaming television channels works fine:  https://flic.kr/p/2hGW7an 

New Poster

• 

22 Messages

5 years ago

Yeah, I waiting on hold right now on speaker...it's been an hour and 15 minutes so far and I've been passed through 3 different agents.

I'm getting tired of each one saying to reset my modem and clear my cache and then they have no other ideas. 😞

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I am having the same issue with On Demand pixelating when trying to watch on my desktop. I called Xfinity and was on the phone for hours, nothing solved. As the others mentioned I can watch Live TV, and recorded TV. I believe this issue started when there was a the update that gives the option to record shows because I did not have problems in the past.

Retired Employee

• 

5.9K Messages

5 years ago

**Update 12/12/2019**

With the recent release of Chrome 79 we have verified that we can no longer replicate this issue. In the coming week, all impacted users should start to see this resolved. In order to facilitate this fix, we recommend waiting until your Chrome version updates or manually performing the update yourself. For additional information on how to update your Chrome version, see here: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95414?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=en

Thank you again for your continued patience as we worked to resolve this. 

**Original Message 11/08/2019**

All,

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you are experiencing when attempting to use Xfinity Stream. We are currently investigating a possible bug in Chrome 78 that may be causing this. In the meantime, we recommend trying one of the following workarounds by either:

1. Disable hardware acceleration in Chrome. Settings > Advanced > Use hardware acceleration when available > OFF > restart Chrome.

2. Play the TV GO version of the On Demand item. From the More menu button (… icon), choose Watch Options > choose the TV GO option (usually at the bottom of the list).

Thank you in advance for your patience as we continue to work to resolve this permanently. 

Additionally, we recommend that you check to ensure your devices and web browser meets our minimum system requirements needed to use the Xfinity Stream website, found here: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/xfinity-tv-website-requirements

Please note, not all web browsers/devices support the Xfinity Stream website. 

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

5 years ago

Chrome has an update available. I never had the problem so can't test that it is fixed in the new version. 

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.5K Messages

5 years ago

@Rustyben wrote: Chrome has an update available. I never had the problem so can't test that it is fixed in the new version. 

How do History's "Ancient Aliens" S14E17: "The Secrets of Stonehenge" and S14E05: "They Came from the Sea" work for you? With the previous version 78.0.3904.87 and the latest version 78.0.3904.97 (both 64-bit) these two episodes are badly pixelated in Chrome when Playback Quality is high and "Use hardware acceleration" is enabled. This is on a quad-core AMD system running Win 10.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

5 years ago

@BruceW wrote:

@Rustyben wrote: Chrome has an update available. I never had the problem so can't test that it is fixed in the new version. 

How do History's "Ancient Aliens" S14E17: "The Secrets of Stonehenge" and S14E05: "They Came from the Sea" work for you? With the previous version 78.0.3904.87 and the latest version 78.0.3904.97 (both 64-bit) these two episodes are badly pixelated in Chrome when Playback Quality is high and "Use hardware acceleration" is enabled. This is on a quad-core AMD system running Win 10.

that plays really badly (Ancient Aliens). even the pre-show commercial. my hardware. good to know as a test. 

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

my streaming of free movies are breaking up and pixelating

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

mine is too.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Sanme issue; just started happening this morning.  Live channels work fine, this is happening on the 'On Demand' streaming of 'His Dark Materials'.   Is this an HBO problem or an Xfinity problem?   Issue persists on PC whether on WiFi alone or direct connected to cable.   All other services work fine, just not this one.   If it matters, the program can be watched via cable box on a TV, but that is not my preference.   What is the ETA towards fixing this?

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@fhopkins9 wrote:

Sanme issue; just started happening this morning.  Live channels work fine, this is happening on the 'On Demand' streaming of 'His Dark Materials'.   Is this an HBO problem or an Xfinity problem?   Issue persists on PC whether on WiFi alone or direct connected to cable.   All other services work fine, just not this one.   If it matters, the program can be watched via cable box on a TV, but that is not my preference.   What is the ETA towards fixing this?

I moved this thread to an on-going thread on the same issue. for information on 'fix' scroll back in this thread to the 11/9 post by comcastjessie

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Disabling the hardware accelerator worked for me.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I too had this problem. Turned off hardware acceleration which worked but streaming was way slow . So I turned it back on, used TV go instead and no further issues. Thanks for the work around..

Frequent Visitor

• 

6 Messages

4 years ago

bad picture 

The show i was watching was 9-1-1 and this was on my xfinity streaming on my PC..   on all past shows or movies but i went to settings on google chrome and went to advance and i -->Use hardware acceleration when available----i turned this off.  i went to watch a show and the quality was low so while the show was on i hit the blue PLAYER settings button and changed it to AUTO and i did a refresh. it works great now and i am still waiting to hear from COMCAST Tech on there answers since they are confused.  I found the answer here on this post!     how do you post a pictures on here??  i use Imgur instead of photobucket.. thats why i had to use a link.

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

Could someone please train Comcast/Xfinity Support on the simple fix of turning off Hardware Acceleration on Chrome to stop the pixelation on StreamPix?  Too much time is wasted with these people on the phone!  The latest online tech suggested I open my desktop and remove the video card!  What the heck!  

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here