kendramorein's profile

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Monday, December 16th, 2019 10:00 AM

Closed

tv randomly goes blank

So a couple of times an hour the tv will go blank and the audio will stop, for 1-5 seconds before kicking back in.  The issue is not related to switching between channels, as it can happen many times well after a channel is changed. This happens on any and all chanels and with on demand content as well. We really only watch HD tv, and it is connected to my tv hdmi through our receiver. We moved homes but have the same cable box, receiver, etc. So we do not know what is going on or how to get it to stop?

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

5.9K Messages

4 years ago

@kendramorein wrote:

So a couple of times an hour the tv will go blank and the audio will stop, for 1-5 seconds before kicking back in.  The issue is not related to switching between channels, as it can happen many times well after a channel is changed. This happens on any and all chanels and with on demand content as well. We really only watch HD tv, and it is connected to my tv hdmi through our receiver. We moved homes but have the same cable box, receiver, etc. So we do not know what is going on or how to get it to stop?

It sounds like the current cables in your home are not allowing a strong enough signal to reach the television. Your broadband speed may not be enough to to handle all devices be used at certain times. You most likely will need a tech. out to check signals received at your devices. You will be charged if the problem found is inside your home.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

I have the 300 Mbps internet, and according to the nighthawk that manages the internet my speeds are extremely fast. I can try a different hdmi cable, but I have not had a problem like this before.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

4 years ago

Unless you’re using a wireless box, internet speed plays no part. It could be the signal levels, it could be the hdmi connection between cable box, receiver and tv.
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here