raycurras's profile

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, July 17th, 2019 3:00 PM

Closed

slow remote response...

hi...two weeks ago, I have been experiencing extremely slow reponse from my control...the only solution so far is power cycling the xfinity "box", then all becomes normal again...but again the same happens at the next day...can someone help?...thanks...

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

5 years ago

Hi there, all!

Have any of you tried picking up a new remote at our service center to try? 

They are free of charge. 

Thanks for posting!

Contributor

• 

284 Messages

5 years ago

It happens all the time with the remotes sometimes worse than other times.  It has been reported and reported to comcast but it is another issue that you will just have to live with, from what I was told.  I hate to say that but...

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

I have started to experience this issue as well and it is making me crazy!  The batteries are definitely not it and strangely when watching Netflix, it does seem to be a problem.  That tells me it must be something with Comcast and the signal????  UGH!!!

Contributor

• 

28 Messages

5 years ago

Yesterday, saw delayed responses for onscreen guide/menus starting yesterday on one of two XG1s (same HW). . Delays of maybe 2--5 seconds for guide & menus, not play controls I believe. Checked remote, tried alternative, no diff. Checked system menus (exit hold, 2x down arrow, 2) & tho no expert on stats here saw no diff in usual signal #s, sys version, errors etc. from usual. 2nd XG1 did not see this issue on 2nd XG1 & sys menu info aligned too. Today, same thing. Nothing new except monthly sys init occurred last nt. Reboot resolved. Reporting as think this is potential for non remote/single site signal etc. issue. Thx. Have not checked other TV STBs yet tho

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

i recently got xfinity / comcast TV service, and it is a miserable experience to watch tv - all because of the incredibly slow response to almost every command on the remote. Impossible to navigate smoothly to where i want to go - to go to a station, to go to my recordings and get to the one i want to watch, to go backwared / forward when watching something from DVR, etc. All comcast support support could tell me was check battery (100%) and distance from tv/comcast box - always less then 3 feet away. no way either of those are the issues. Obviously as others have pointed out there is something wrong with the entire xfinity / comcast system...  

Contributor

• 

22 Messages

5 years ago

All of this has nothing/zero to do with the remote (or the batteries)!

It has to do with the communications of the box going out, and the request coming back in.

Yes, I have my signal checked and yes, it was "low" as per the technician that came out ( yes a real Comcast tech, not a 3rd party contractor), because the X1 box was almost every 2/3rd day was rebooting, and getting stuck in the boot loop, and he made "adjustments" and he said the signal was better, and it cleared up the booting issues, but the grid guide was still coming up after after about 5/10 seconds. Channel call up once selected come up fine and quick, it's the grid guide that is lagging.

They changed something in the last month or two, and it's not the batteries in the remote!

Contributor

• 

22 Messages

5 years ago

I believe the X1 remote is RF, not IR...so I can be in the other room and the remote works fine thank you...

Contributor

• 

36 Messages

5 years ago

@carlestes wrote:

Channel call up once selected come up fine and quick, it's the grid guide that is lagging.

They changed something in the last month or two, and it's not the batteries in the remote!

This. 

A thousand times this.

It's not batteries or line of sight or are you holding it in your left of right hand or do you hold your breath while depressing a button.

SOMETHING changed to make the guide lag. On Demand selections come to a crawl. Heaven forbid you press the Xfinity button and try to call up your recording, you can make a sandwich while waiting

Contributor

• 

22 Messages

5 years ago

I have 3 folks here at work that are having the exact same issue. reeeal slow grid loading,

and every person I have talked to/been at their home, and yuppers, slooow grid loading.

Different towns/counties.

I think they changed the bandwidth/protocol? on something to remove some bandwidth, and may be reallocating it for something else? New security system they are pushing?

Has zero to do with the remote/batteries. It's Comcast, "poking the bowl of jello, and we are feeling the ripples..."

Period.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I just recently got a DVR Box after having had basic cable with just limited DVR for a few months. Yesterday the slow remote response was driving us nuts. Impossible to control  fast forward and play without some missed programming, etc. My guess is the signal is mediocre for some reason? If it continues I will call on Monday.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

We've had this problem for quite a while. I think it is a Comcast network issue, by which I include their video servers as it is time of day sensitive. Our remote was unusable late last night but very zippy first thing this morning

Contributor

• 

22 Messages

5 years ago

@jere48 wrote:

We've had this problem for quite a while. I think it is a Comcast network issue, by which I include their video servers as it is time of day sensitive. Our remote was unusable late last night but very zippy first thing this morning

And what is Comcast's response to this phenomenon?

Contributor

• 

51 Messages

5 years ago

Same problem. I've been sitting on the same sofa for 4 years and it hasn't moved. So the distance (less than 10 feet) is not the problem.
I have noticed a pop-up telling me to hit info for more info on the music channel I'm watching that freezes out the remote and stays there for a very annoying 15 seconds. This could be part of the problem.

Contributor

• 

22 Messages

5 years ago

@Al8041 wrote:

This problem has only been for the past two days here (in Sacramento, CA area.) We also have the orange 'data' light on, as do a lot of others. 

Does anyone else have a constant orange data light stuck on and a slow remote? (There is a long thread in the forumon the data light... no resolution.)

I'm rebooting the XG1A (or is it Pace XG1v1) box now. Maybe that will work. I'll report back... takes a while for it to boot.

Not constant, but anytime I try to use the voice command, it takes at least 2 attepmts to get it to "connect", always says "not working right now, try again later"....sigh.....

They did some update to the boxes/system that is at the root of the issue(s)......

Contributor

• 

81 Messages

5 years ago

This problem has only been for the past two days here (in Sacramento, CA area.) We also have the orange 'data' light on, as do a lot of others. 

Does anyone else have a constant orange data light stuck on and a slow remote? (There is a long thread in the forumon the data light... no resolution.)

I'm rebooting the XG1A (or is it Pace XG1v1) box now. Maybe that will work. I'll report back... takes a while for it to boot.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here