Galvin's profile

Contributor

• 

30 Messages

Sunday, November 11th, 2018 11:00 PM

Closed

netflix stutter

Only happens when I watch netflix on my xfinity box.  If I watch it on my computer I get no stutter.

This just started happening a few days ago.  I'd never get stutter watching netflix

I already reset the netflix app.  Refreshed the box, turned the box off and on again.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

3.3K Messages

5 years ago

Hi, mfrank1. I saw your private message and I responded to it last Thursday. I have not received a reply to that message since. 

TerriB ~ This is not an isolated issue but we are in need of confirming certain things prior to opening a research request. The research requests are what help our engineering team identify issues and declare known issues accordingly. 

Contributor

• 

3.1K Messages

5 years ago

@ComcastMorgan wrote:

Hi, TerriB. We are willing to work with you via private message to continue looking further into this, but I have not heard back from you. If you'd like further support, please continue responding from there. Thank you. 

I  just reported this to you in a PM but wanted others to see it also.   Netflix shows are still 'jumpy'  and its like they have been paused for a second every few minutes. Its distracting to say the least but after reseting and still having it happen I am going to drop it.  Along with many other things this started after the UI change.  There is nothing you can do to help me except perhaps suggest a tech visit and I know from past experience that these kinds of things are platform related and its a waste of the tech's time.  We made no changes to our equipement or setup so  after resetting the app and the whole system and  nothing changed....its time to give up. We love having Netflix free as part of our package but its probably not going to get watched very much.  I appreciate your willingness to help

Contributor

• 

3.1K Messages

5 years ago

@mfrank1 wrote:

I sent a private message to ComcastMorgan awile ago.   Still waiting to hear what an investigation uncovered.

--

Good...... if an investigation uncovers something then all of us who have the issue will benefit. Obviously its not an isolated issue.  I say its due to the UI change as many things have been messed up since that was released

Contributor

• 

42 Messages

5 years ago

I sent a private message to ComcastMorgan awile ago.   Still waiting to hear what an investigation uncovered.

Contributor

• 

42 Messages

5 years ago

Be cautious about box swapping.  When the Netflix problem started Comcast swapped out my box after assuring me my DVR recordings would sync and be preserved.  I had an 85% full DVR on the old box; only 5% of the recordings survived to the second.

Also, I'm told the 4K box eliminated the optical audio port.  My Sonos Playbar requires that port since my TV doesn't pass through the optical audio.  I need another solution.

Contributor

• 

3.1K Messages

5 years ago

@Gov0525 wrote:

The fix is indeed the new 4K DVR STB!!

So what is so great/different about the new box? We always have such a packed DVR that unless our box fails (God forbid) we can't get a new one. We record so much .

Contributor

• 

3.1K Messages

5 years ago

@mfrank1 wrote:

Be cautious about box swapping.  When the Netflix problem started Comcast swapped out my box after assuring me my DVR recordings would sync and be preserved.  I had an 85% full DVR on the old box; only 5% of the recordings survived to the second.

Also, I'm told the 4K box eliminated the optical audio port.  My Sonos Playbar requires that port since my TV doesn't pass through the optical audio.  I need another solution.

I didn't even know they could sync ANY recordings from old to new box but sounds like that was a failed mission so no thanks. I don't have a good reason to swap .

We still have the stutter on tv shows on Netflix after resetting but watched Bird Box last night and the stuttering was minimal but the movie is so engrossing we weren't really paying attention to the jumpiness. GREAT MOVIE by the way.

Contributor

• 

42 Messages

5 years ago

ComcastMorgan:  Unless I missed one, the only response you sent was to indicate you've requested further investigation (presumably on your end), but I've heard nothing since.

Contributor

• 

124 Messages

5 years ago

The fix is indeed the new 4K DVR STB!!

Contributor

• 

3.1K Messages

5 years ago

@MNtundraRET wrote:

"  

I didn't even know they could sync ANY recordings from old to new box but sounds like that was a failed mission so no thanks. I don't have a good reason to swap .

We still have the stutter on tv shows on Netflix after resetting but watched Bird Box last night and the stuttering was minimal but the movie is so engrossing we weren't really paying attention to the jumpiness. GREAT MOVIE by the way. "

Terri:

Some one posted this morning that they thought the movie you watched here looked darker on their screen than the same movie watched on the Netflix app supplied by other IPV methods.

How did the movie look to you on your television?

Mark

==

It looked fine but the movie scenes are mostly dark by design.  You will see why if you watch it . Amazing movie...disconcerting but amazing.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

5.9K Messages

5 years ago

"  

We still have the stutter on tv shows on Netflix after resetting but watched Bird Box last night and the stuttering was minimal but the movie is so engrossing we weren't really paying attention to the jumpiness. GREAT MOVIE by the way. "

Terri:

Some one posted this morning that they thought the movie you watched here looked darker on their screen than the same movie watched on the Netflix app supplied by other IPV methods.

How did the movie look to you on your television?

Mark

Contributor

• 

124 Messages

5 years ago

When I swapped out my old X1 DVR for the 4K DVR, I did not lose any of my DVR recordings to my surprise.  The 4K box has quicker response to the apps than the older DVR.  The older DVR would lag some of the time and even on occasion not connect to the Netflix app.  The footprint of the 4K box is much smaller and is very quiet.  I am very glad I swapped for it.

BTW,  ComcastMorgan was very helpful through the entire process.  I wish more Xfinity employees were like that! 

Regular Visitor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I am having the same issue on an X1 DVR main box. Has been happening for months now. Other apps work fine. I have called once already. Have reset the app the box, quality settings, everything. Please fix this issue.

Regular Visitor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Same stutter is happeing to me. X1 DVR box, only when watching netflix. Have refreshed the box as well as the netflix app, stutter still there.

Official Employee

• 

6.9K Messages

5 years ago

Hello All, 

I can help look further into this. Can you please verify your first and last name in a private message, as well as the name of the account holder if it's different than yours?

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click send a message. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here