Galvin's profile

Contributor

• 

30 Messages

Sunday, November 11th, 2018 11:00 PM

Closed

netflix stutter

Only happens when I watch netflix on my xfinity box.  If I watch it on my computer I get no stutter.

This just started happening a few days ago.  I'd never get stutter watching netflix

I already reset the netflix app.  Refreshed the box, turned the box off and on again.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Contributor

• 

3.1K Messages

5 years ago

@MNtundraRET wrote:

TerryB:

I am just saying you are all ready paying for Netflix. If you had an alternative way to use the Netflix app over broadband you could use it that way. If you don't have that option I wouldn't spend any extra money. If not, you will just have to wait for Netflix and Comcast to fix the problem causing the app to work properely through Comcast.

==

Just to clarify I do not pay Comcast one penny for Netflix. I got it as part of a package that replaced the one I had and it was actually cheaper and Netflix was included.  They took away WGN and my precious Blue Bloods repeats and I discovered I could watch Blue Bloods on Netflix and was so happy. Netflix is awkward to use and we probably would rarely use it if not for the network show reruns it provides from the networks Comcast took away from us like WGN. With all that is already offered I would never ever pay for Netflix or any other service on top of the already almost $200 I pay Comcast. Retired and POOR...lol.  Comcast just needs to get the app working properly AGAIN because its just awful so good thing I don't pay a penny for it. I doubt anything will be done if history repeats itself when somthing related to the platform breaks or gets taken away.

Contributor

• 

3.1K Messages

5 years ago

@Bill2489 wrote:

Want to let everyone know that I installed a 4k dvr and it fixed the problem.

OMG.....no way I am going to lose all my recordings by replacing my box. It works 99.9% fine if in fact its whats causing the jumpy Netflix.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

3.3K Messages

5 years ago

We have listed the steps for resetting the Netflix app itself earlier in this thread. Here they are: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/netflix-x1-app-frozen.

Contributor

• 

3.1K Messages

5 years ago

@ComcastMorgan wrote:

Hi, TerriB. We are working to sort out and resolve this problem. Please make sure you have manually reset the Netflix app through the box and if the issue persists, please send me a private message with your name.

Have no way to reset just the Netflix app but have reset the entire platform more than once and Comcast also did it during the day on Monday which was odd.  I will PM you with name,etc

Contributor

• 

42 Messages

5 years ago

It will not work. I have done it numerous times.

Frequent Visitor

• 

6 Messages

5 years ago

Same issue here. Only with Netflix

Gold Problem Solver

• 

3.3K Messages

5 years ago

Correct, but this has worked for several employees that were experiencing problems with Netflix through X1 and several customers. You can disregard the part about it mentioning the app being frozen, as it also helps with general app issues, similar to this one. 

Gold Problem Solver

• 

3.3K Messages

5 years ago

You're welcome to send me a private message with your name and best contact number, jjs89. I will open a research request for you. 

Frequent Visitor

• 

6 Messages

5 years ago

Ok how do I send you a private message?

Gold Problem Solver

• 

3.3K Messages

5 years ago

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMorgan" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

Contributor

• 

124 Messages

5 years ago

My main X1 DVR has been doing this for the past 8 weeks or so, maybe longer.  I have tried everything suggested on this thread aside of swapping out for a 4K DVR.  I just may end up doing this, but have communicated with a Comcast Rep in a PM first.  For the record, I am located in the NW suburbs of Chicago.

Frequent Visitor

• 

13 Messages

5 years ago

Same issue here: Netflix stream stutters on x1.

Dear Comcast official guy; please withdraw your comment about this not being a known problem. Post this problem on the hallowed "national" board if it is not already there - then it will be "known."

Or maybe search the web for it? Then it can be known to you too.

Frequent Visitor

• 

13 Messages

5 years ago

How many customers have to complain before you make it a "known" issue?

MAKE IT A KNOWN ISSUE!

FYI: this post is the one that prompted, finally, a complaint to NYSAG. (Ask Charter/Spectrum how that works.)

Contributor

• 

3.1K Messages

5 years ago

@ComcastMorgan wrote:

We have listed the steps for resetting the Netflix app itself earlier in this thread. Here they are: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/netflix-x1-app-frozen.

Nothing has changed since I reset the app. Still stuttering but going to have to learn to deal with it I guess because it does not seem important enough for Comcast Technical to check into.

On another note.......the weather app takes a very long time to load since the UI change was made and I suspect its not the only app that has slowed to a crawl to load. The weather app also has a different look and we don't care for it one bit.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

3.3K Messages

5 years ago

Hi, TerriB. We are willing to work with you via private message to continue looking further into this, but I have not heard back from you. If you'd like further support, please continue responding from there. Thank you. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here