Spokane44's profile

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, October 24th, 2017 2:00 PM

Closed

Xfinity 4k - XG1v4 Cable Box Availability

Called Xfinity and asked about the availability of XG1v4 cable boxes at my location (WA state), which has the capability to stream 4k content through Netflix.  Was assured, with repeated confirmations, that they were available to the local service store, would just have to bring in my existing cable box and exchange it.  Bought a nice LG OLED TV, upgraded my Netflix account to receive Ultra HD, and took my box down to the local service center for exchange, per customer service direction.  You can probably guess what happened next - "sorry, we don't have any 4k boxes, don't know when we will".  Anyone else been misled by the Xfinity garbage customer service?  Went online to see what lies they convey on their website regarding this matter, and found this:  https://www.xfinity.com/support/cable-tv/uhd-4k-faqs/   More misleading BS.  Wanted to warn anyone else potentially in the same situation as myself not to believe anything you are told or read about the availability of XG1v4 boxes; go to your service center first to confirm.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Frequent Visitor

• 

10 Messages

6 years ago

My 4 year old Monster HDMI cable had better performance than a brand new inexpensive Premium Certified 4K cable. The new Monster Black Diamond Cable is even better and has a lifetime guantee.  Why upgrade your cable box to 4K and run it to an expensive 4K TV with an inexpensive HDMI cable?

Contributor

• 

75 Messages

6 years ago

Why? This is an XG1v4 forum and I’m not trying to prove Monster cables are worth the cost. If you want to prove they are, show your facts on video with your equipment. If not, let’s get back on topic.

Frequent Visitor

• 

10 Messages

6 years ago

I returned the inexpensive Premium Certified cable so I can not do a video clip comparison.  I have a Sony XBR 930D with Premium HDR.

Frequent Visitor

• 

10 Messages

6 years ago

I found a solution in another thread that if you go to Netflix Test Pattern it will give you resolution and speed information to verify your XG1V4-A is sending a 4K signal which mine was.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

Why do we need XG1v4 TV Box if netflix can deliver the HD stream directly to 4K TV ?

Gold Problem Solver

• 

5.9K Messages

6 years ago

maximc:

You don't need the box right now. If you can get the apps you want on your 4K smart tv, that is the best way.

The 4K cable-box will come in handy if and when Comcast can deliver 4K programing over linear (standard) cable.

Frequent Visitor

• 

6 Messages

6 years ago

Just curious, upgraded to this box 2 weeks ago.  Anyone else having audio sync problems when watching TV with the XG1v4?

Dialog and lip movements are out of sync quite a lot of the time.  This was not happening on my previous X1 box.

Frequent Visitor

• 

6 Messages

6 years ago

I do have a 4K UHD Samsung.  I'm using the HDMI cable that came with the brand new XG1v4 box.  Looks quite capable.  (Assume they are sending 4K compatible HDMI cables with the boxes?)

I am using a digital optical cable to route sound back to my Receiver.  The old X1 boxes had digital out.  These new ones don't.  So I'm running HDMI to the Samsung 4K TV "One Connect" box.  I'm running digital out from the Samsung One Connect back to the Surround Sound Receiver.  Maybe it's just my set up. I'll try some tweaks with cables and Samsung settings.  Was just curious if it was just me.  

Frequent Visitor

• 

6 Messages

6 years ago

Yeah, I have a nice Sony ES Receiver, but it's 5 years old now. It has plenty of HDMI inputs, but the receiver doesn't pass a 4K signal.  Figured I could still use the receiver via Digital Audio for surround sound. Guess not.  Must be my set up.

Thanks everyone.  

Gold Problem Solver

• 

5.9K Messages

6 years ago

@jolthammer wrote:

I do have a 4K UHD Samsung.  I'm using the HDMI cable that came with the brand new XG1v4 box.  Looks quite capable.  (Assume they are sending 4K compatible HDMI cables with the boxes?)

I am using a digital optical cable to route sound back to my Receiver.  The old X1 boxes had digital out.  These new ones don't.  So I'm running HDMI to the Samsung 4K TV "One Connect" box.  I'm running digital out from the Samsung One Connect back to the Surround Sound Receiver.  Maybe it's just my set up. I'll try some tweaks with cables and Samsung settings.  Was just curious if it was just me.

On my Samsung UHD tv the Sony S.S. System is connected to the hub on HDMI 4 port (correct port for speakers). Don't use the optical port.  

Gold Problem Solver

• 

5.9K Messages

6 years ago

@jolthammer wrote:

Just curious, upgraded to this box 2 weeks ago.  Anyone else having audio sync problems when watching TV with the XG1v4?

Dialog and lip movements are out of sync quite a lot of the time.  This was not happening on my previous X1 box.

Are you using a 4K television? Do you have a 4K compliant HDMI cable?

An older HDMI cable might not sinc. both signals.

If you are using separate speaker system, is it connected directly to tv with HDMI, or a optical cable?

Gold Problem Solver

• 

5.9K Messages

6 years ago

@jolthammer wrote:

Yeah, I have a nice Sony ES Receiver, but it's 5 years old now. It has plenty of HDMI inputs, but the receiver doesn't pass a 4K signal.  Figured I could still use the receiver via Digital Audio for surround sound. Guess not.  Must be my set up.

Thanks everyone.  

Until around 2015 the newest AV receivers (I have Sony) were placed first in line. Cable system coaxial went to the A/V box. Everything else was connected by HDMI cables: TV, Blu-Ray player, game box, etc.

With good 4K smart tv's the cable-box is connected to the TV first with the newest HDMI 4K compliant cables. Then other devices are connected from tv with HDMI cables. I should have mentioned that HDMI port 4 on our hub is ARC for Sony or other S.S. systems running 5.1 or 7.1 speakers on that convention.

Frequent Visitor

• 

11 Messages

6 years ago

I've been lurking a bit as I tend to mine information but note there is a bit of disinformation going on here.  I have a Yamaha RX-V779BT (which was released in 2015) running my system.  It is spec'd with 4k pass through and upscaling, using multiple HDCP 2.2 HDMI 3 in/2/out connections.  It has no issues running 4k pass through HDMI to a 4k (Sony XBR-900E) television.  Before you start telling folks their AV units which are 2 years old, maybe the real response is to check their specs.  

Frequent Visitor

• 

11 Messages

6 years ago

Rick -- before I get off on the same foot path of bickering with you as you have with many others where you summarily dismiss their comments as having less credibility or without merit, I'll keep this straight forward.  There were a number of AV units put out in 2014 and 2015 including those Marantz, Onkyo, Denon, and Yamaha, that had HDM formats 2.0 and 2.2.  The quote listed herein is not the only deceptive piece of advice, but its good you emphasized your clarification so others can understand.  

@RickGr4 wrote:

Yes checking your specs is a very good idea. However my post clearly says SOME year old receivers.

Sorry that I did not word this to your satisfaction but I fail to see any "disinformation"...........

@Z3papa wrote:

I've been lurking a bit as I tend to mine information but note there is a bit of disinformation going on here.  I have a Yamaha RX-V779BT (which was released in 2015) running my system.  It is spec'd with 4k pass through and upscaling, using multiple HDCP 2.2 HDMI 3 in/2/out connections.  It has no issues running 4k pass through HDMI to a 4k (Sony XBR-900E) television.  Before you start telling folks their AV units which are 2 years old, maybe the real response is to check their specs.  

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here