Spokane44's profile

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, October 24th, 2017 2:00 PM

Closed

Xfinity 4k - XG1v4 Cable Box Availability

Called Xfinity and asked about the availability of XG1v4 cable boxes at my location (WA state), which has the capability to stream 4k content through Netflix.  Was assured, with repeated confirmations, that they were available to the local service store, would just have to bring in my existing cable box and exchange it.  Bought a nice LG OLED TV, upgraded my Netflix account to receive Ultra HD, and took my box down to the local service center for exchange, per customer service direction.  You can probably guess what happened next - "sorry, we don't have any 4k boxes, don't know when we will".  Anyone else been misled by the Xfinity garbage customer service?  Went online to see what lies they convey on their website regarding this matter, and found this:  https://www.xfinity.com/support/cable-tv/uhd-4k-faqs/   More misleading BS.  Wanted to warn anyone else potentially in the same situation as myself not to believe anything you are told or read about the availability of XG1v4 boxes; go to your service center first to confirm.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Accepted Solution

Official Employee

• 

6.9K Messages

4 years ago

Hello @Ngbarkus, @Jmichael55, @jsheleheda, @Mason_woyt, @Ready2Go, and @mntimbuktu! 

We appreciate you all for posting to the Xfinity Forums to have a 4K DVR shipped to you. I'll be happy to submit your order to have them sent out. Please send me a private message if you haven't done so already.  To send a private message, click on "ComcastChe" and then click send a message. In the body of your message, please include: 

* Your first and last name (and the name of the account holder),  
* And the house number of your address, so I can assist you.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

"I am talking about Blu-Ray. Since mid 2000's the only way to watch a 1080p signal was to use a Blu-Ray Player. I do not think the recent poster as actually viewing any 1080p programming through the new cable-box yet."

Sorry but there have been many ways to watch a 1080p signal in the last 10 to 15 years.

Every version of the Apple TV, Roku, Amazon TV and many Android STB's have all supported playing video both streamed over the internet and over your local network from a server. For at least 5 years I have been streaming full uncompressed 1080P video files sourced from my BluRay's including the high Def audio tracks (TrueHD and DTS MA HD) via a number of devices. My current best of breed is the Nvidia Shield TV. But I am planning on picking up the 4K Apple TV. 1080p has also been available as an over the air broadcast for quite a number of years, 10 at least. So you are way off in stating BluRay is the only way to get a 1080P image to your set.

New Poster

• 

7 Messages

7 years ago

BTW Netflix 4K content is availble but only if you a XG1 V4 (only available in certain markets) a 4K TV (obvious) a Premium Netflix subscription and a HDMI 2.0 compliant cable (preferably) 

Regular Visitor

• 

5 Messages

7 years ago

I just recieved mine.  It appears to support 4K output just fine.  However NO HDR support yet.  I'm guessing expected late 2017 gives them until 12/31/17.  I personally thing HDR is a bigger deal than 4K...

Regular Visitor

• 

5 Messages

7 years ago

I chatted with COMCAST on 10/25 and asked for the XG1v4 and it arrived yesterday.  I live in Colorado Springs.

Regular Contributor

• 

387 Messages

7 years ago

@troywein wrote:

I just recieved mine.  It appears to support 4K output just fine.  However NO HDR support yet.  I'm guessing expected late 2017 gives them until 12/31/17.  I personally thing HDR is a bigger deal than 4K...

Did you have to pick one up at your local Comcast store or are they finally shipping them to people homes?

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

7 years ago

would someone with netflix HD and the Xg1V4 please use search in Neflix for test patterns, 2014, Season 1 ep 8 and run it (mute sound). let the server side numbers stablize in upper right corner. what is the max reading you see? (I don't have a UHD or 4k to test).

Regular Visitor

• 

5 Messages

7 years ago

16000 kpbs, 3840x2160, PAR 1:1, 10 bpc, 60.000 fps

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

7 years ago

@DR21 wrote:

Just self installed    XG14      .       the only install issue was paring the remote.   After 45 min with tech support, they said the remote needed to be replaced, could not get it to pair.     so another is arriving in a few days.    In the mean time   wife  reads the remote instructions for pairing, size 2 font, page the side of a quarter of a post card.   Says use micro phone, ask remote settings.   Ha,  then remote paring, select it and the codes appear on the TV screen, after a few code inputs,   BINGO,     remote pairs.      Now, all good, sound bar is working,   TV picture is excellent.   Better th anthe previous top-box, TV Samsung, 2012  7500.         Only issue remaing, never a problem for year past;   audio, video syncing issue.    Have not upgraded HDMI cables to 4k since Comcast installed in 2015.     Are cables the issue?     Audio has always been HDMI.

Cheers,

DR  

the sync can either be the sound bar (usually if bluetooth connected) or the TV's settings. run a test by using the tv remote to turn up TV sound. is it in sync on a local TV channel (broadcast)? If it is in sync the TV will offer a sync adjustment to time the audio from your receiver/sound bar.

Regular Visitor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Just self installed    XG14      .       the only install issue was paring the remote.   After 45 min with tech support, they said the remote needed to be replaced, could not get it to pair.     so another is arriving in a few days.    In the mean time   wife  reads the remote instructions for pairing, size 2 font, page the side of a quarter of a post card.   Says use micro phone, ask remote settings.   Ha,  then remote paring, select it and the codes appear on the TV screen, after a few code inputs,   BINGO,     remote pairs.      Now, all good, sound bar is working,   TV picture is excellent.   Better th anthe previous top-box, TV Samsung, 2012  7500.         Only issue remaing, never a problem for year past;   audio, video syncing issue.    Have not upgraded HDMI cables to 4k since Comcast installed in 2015.     Are cables the issue?     Audio has always been HDMI.

Cheers,

DR

Contributor

• 

61 Messages

7 years ago

When will the XG1v4 be available in Washington state?

Contributor

• 

51 Messages

7 years ago

Are these still only available to new customers?  It would be nice to get one for if/when they start rolling out true 4K content.  However, I was surprised to see that Xfinity is just now beta testing HD for NBA league pass.  That does not bode well for 4K content, when their competition is announcing live 4K HDR NBA games this year.  Assuming Xfinity catches up, I would like to get a box so I'm ready for 4K and Dolby Atmos.  And the World Cup will be in 4K next summer as well (again not sure if Xfinity will be able to pass that on to us or not).

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

7 years ago

Check your local service center, they are slowly being released.

Frequent Visitor

• 

10 Messages

7 years ago

I called Comcast about these boxes since I heard about them this morning.

They are going to ship these units to me today at no charge.  The service centers in the North West do not have them instore yet as it is sitting in the warehouse since it has not been implemented yet; they suspect next month next the holidays.  I maybe the first one to get for my area as it should arrive later this week.

Frequent Visitor

• 

10 Messages

7 years ago

Got my box today and set it all up!!  Works great so far and it does respond faster.

Just curious for the resolution, is it best to set it to the native resolution of the panel or just set it to 1080p60?  My panel is 4K, so I could change it to 2160p60 if I wanted.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here