annv1's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Saturday, November 21st, 2020 9:00 AM

Closed

Xfinity DVR refusing to record shows

11/23/20 - Editing to add that I'm in the Seattle area, and this does seem linked to stations no longer appearing under the Guide as 'Free to Me', even though they are part of my cable package.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My DVR is refusing to record some shows and I'm unable to determine why.  For example, when using the Guide and attempting to record a show, it will go through the steps and appear that it is going to record, but then the Guide will have a red no entry (a red circle with a slash through it) symbol next to the show.  This is what I've tried:

• There are no other shows scheduled at the same time, so its not a conflict issue. 
  • My DVR is 37% full and should have plenty of space. 
  • I've tried going in and removing future scheduled shows temporarily to see if its because the DVR is anticipating being full, but this made no difference.  However, I was able to re-add these particular shows. 
  • Multiple times I've done a Restart/System Refresh/actually unplugging the DVR
  • Issue is the same whether I'm using the xfinity remote or the xfinity phone app
  • The initial show I was trying to record was the series "Black Narcissus" on FXHD.  Once that failed, I tried recording the episodes manually.  Once that failed I tried recording random shows on different HD channels from the Guide - most of these failed as well with different stations, different times, but I can't figure out why as this seems random - no scheduling conficts.  
  • I have the series "Fargo" on FXHD on schedule and it has been recording it fine, but looking at the episode scheduled for tomorrow (11/22) it is not listed on the 'to be recorded' list.  When I look up the series under 'Upcoming' the future 2 episodes are listed with the icon of 3 red circles with the top circle being the open red circle with the slash through it, so they do not look like they will record.  

Anything else I'm missing for troubleshooting?  It really just seems to not be working properly.

Thank you.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Started having this issue this morning. System refresh didn't fix it. Located in Salem Oregon. How do I fix it?

New Poster

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I'm in California and this just started happening after my internet went down 2 days ago and I had to turn my box on and off a dozen times. Internet finally started working one day - no one came out - but they must have done something. And now my shows won't record. Round circle with a line through it. Argghh!!

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

Hello, I'm new to Xfinity TV, just signed up last week. I'm seeing this same problem folks have been mentioning for over a month. Did all the suggested troubleshooting with no results. How do I get my account reset so I can record what I'm entitled to? (I'm in California)

New Poster

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

It looks like most people were affected by this in November but it just started happening to me yesterday 1-3-21. It is incredibly annoying when you pay for all of these channels but are not able to record shows or watch them on demand! Comcast please fix ASAP.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I’m having the same issue. Pretty sure mine started yesterday (Sunday) too. Some of my shows didn’t record

New Poster

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Mine is still doing this. Just noticed it today. Tried rebooting as you mentioned and no change

New Poster

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

At least this worked for us.

I talked to completely awesome Comcast Rep Byron.....he identified the problem quickly in that the authorizations of my account for my channels had been broken in some update. He performed an "account reset" (which is different than a "cable box reset" and not only can we now record on any channel we have, but all of our scheduled recordings came back to the schedule. It of course did not catch any programs we missed earlier today. But that seems to be a possible solution...ask the rep to do an "account reset" to restore your recording privileges. 

New Poster

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I just unplugged, waited several minutes then restarted. Still didn’t fix the problem!!!
For the money I pay? I want a refund!!

New Poster

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I am having the same issue. And was able to get anything accomplished by calling customer service

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

3 years ago

Hello, @LJR-1, I'm sorry you are still experiencing a recording issue. I know this is very disappointing. My team can help get this taken care of. If you can select my username please use the send message option to provide your name and service address so we can take a closer look at your service and equipment. 

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

Thank you for the offer, the problem was resolved after several calls to tech support and going in to the store. We're all good now, unfortunately, I dont know what was done to fix the problem.

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

3 years ago

I appreciate your update and patience. I'm glad everything is now resolved. If you ever need anything else feel free to send us another message anytime. Have a great night!

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

Can you tell me where the send a message option is? I'm still having this problem, but when I click on someone's username to send a message, all I see are their badges. Thanks!

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

Spoiler
Nevermind 🙂 I found it

Contributor

• 

387 Messages

3 years ago

@mamasa wrote:

Can you tell me where the send a message option is? I'm still having this problem, but when I click on someone's username to send a message, all I see are their badges. Thanks!

Above the badges at the right click "send message". 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here