ashd84's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

12 Messages

Friday, October 19th, 2018 6:00 PM

Closed

XR15 30 second skip

Hello,

I have the X1 4K box with XR15 remote. Page up on the remote used to forward 30 seconds on a recorded show and Page down would go back 15 seconds. This has been working fine for months but just now stopped working.

I’ve tried exit exit exit 0030 page up but that doesn’t work. Any help?

Thanks

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Accepted Solution

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

6 years ago

@ashd84 wrote:
Hello,

I have the X1 4K box with XR15 remote. Page up on the remote used to forward 30 seconds on a recorded show and Page down would go back 15 seconds. This has been working fine for months but just now stopped working.

I’ve tried exit exit exit 0030 page up but that doesn’t work. Any help?

Thanks

power unplug the 4k box and see if that fixes the problem. It has been reported for a long time that when firmware is updated overnight the first boot does not properly load some settings. the code is just exit exit exit 0030 (note that changes settings in the set top box not in the remote).

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

6 years ago

@tbill1 wrote:

Mine went out mid-show playback..no firmware update .  Simple restart fixed the problem.  Didn't have to reprogram the remote for the 30 second skip.

cool! the exit exit exit 0030 sets the feature on the set top box (not the remote).

Contributor

• 

588 Messages

6 years ago

Mine went out mid-show playback..no firmware update .  Simple restart fixed the problem.  Didn't have to reprogram the remote for the 30 second skip.

Contributor

• 

13 Messages

6 years ago

I too have had the 30 sec skip working well - until the last month (it seems).   Now, every few days the 30 sec skip reverts to 5 minutes.    WHAT IS GOING ON COMCAST?   Some combination of doing the exit exit exit 0030 AND doing a soft reboot seems to work - buy WHY am I having to do this so often?   And,  also - on DirecTV, you can repeatedly hit the skip button and it knows how many times you hit it and it skips ahead that cummulative amount - AND - it shows you on the screen the number of skips that you pusked.   Comcast? can you do that?

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

6 years ago

@DoBetterCommcas wrote:

I too have had the 30 sec skip working well - until the last month (it seems).   Now, every few days the 30 sec skip reverts to 5 minutes.    WHAT IS GOING ON COMCAST?   Some combination of doing the exit exit exit 0030 AND doing a soft reboot seems to work - buy WHY am I having to do this so often?   And,  also - on DirecTV, you can repeatedly hit the skip button and it knows how many times you hit it and it skips ahead that cummulative amount - AND - it shows you on the screen the number of skips that you pusked.   Comcast? can you do that?

the X1 firmware on the first boot after an update of firmware intermittently does not load the 'easter egg' 30 second skip option. The same issue sometimes doesn't load the remote pairing information (intermittently on firmware update). both are solved by a power down reboot which restores either function. Repairing by RF without hardware reboot works fine as does the re-doing of the exit exit exit 0030 also restores that function (it is changing the box not the remote in both cases). Since this issue is years old it is not likely to be fixed in the near-term.

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

Can you still do this? How is it actually done step by step? Thanks!

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

5 years ago

@bschwartz215 wrote:
Can you still do this? How is it actually done step by step? Thanks!

keep in mind you are making a setting change in the set top box not the remote. The set top box will have to receive the command: exit exit exit 0030

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

Right but do you just point the remote at the box at any point in time and press the buttons? Is there anything else that needs to be done?

Contributor

• 

147 Messages

5 years ago

I would like to know too.  I try rhe exit exit exit 0030, and all I get is a screen that tries to change the channel to 0030.  What are we missing guys.  Thanks

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

5 years ago

the set top box menu does show the search for the channel but the code is put in the box. test by page up/down while in the buffer and it will advance 30 seconds and rewind approximately 15 seconds. If the command does not appear to work, power reboot the set top box. if it does not work then, reply back with the voice remote 'about' results of the STB version line.

Contributor

• 

147 Messages

5 years ago

That worked.  Thanks.  Smiley Happy

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here